• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My heroine Melissa Bachman, screw the losers who attack you online

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh! lion like the symbol of singapore. Big game is not in my things to do before i die. i guess it must be thrilling, waiting, spotting, stalking the prey and finally a slight pull of trigger. Human being hunting since the beginning of our species. Those scumbag who contempt Melissa for hunting, dun know what they are missing. Even if it is not my hobby, i can imagine the thrill. Caracals with dogs? Does that means you bring the dog and you release the dog, the dog kill it and you take it as game and you do not shoot.

No!

Caracal as my companion.

No way can I hunt smaller felines.

I love cats. My Bengal cats will come running to me at my call.

They regularly join me for walks outside my villa and up mountains without leash.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No!

Caracal as my companion.

No way can I hunt smaller felines.

I love cats. My Bengal cats will come running to me at my call.

They regularly join me for walks outside my villa and up mountains without leash.

ok , well best of luck with your dream of big game. Hopefully one day you can relish your dream. Life as you know it is short. There is so little time.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing though, hunters (legal hunters) love the environment and wildlife with a passion greater than any run of the mill tree huggers.

I am not a tree hugger. I oppose the killing of animals simply for the sake of bragging about it or bringing home a trophy (what a joke to say they love the environment and wildlife), doesn't matter how much money you pay to maintain the hunting grounds. To me, that is not hunting. A real hunter's primary motive for hunting must be to extract some benefit from the dead animal for his own usage. For example, meat to eat, fur for insulation and skin to make various items.

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not a tree hugger. I oppose the killing of animals simply for the sake of bragging about it or bringing home a trophy (what a joke to say they love the environment and wildlife), doesn't matter how much money you pay to maintain the hunting grounds. To me, that is not hunting. A real hunter's primary motive for hunting must be to extract some benefit from the dead animal for his own usage. For example, meat to eat, fur for insulation and skin to make various items.

Like it or not, man already altered the environment.
Wildlife must be culled and managed as big predators have been taken out.
Balance of wildlife must be maintained or entire habitats can be eaten out and destroyed for them and for all other wildlife.

It might amuse the readers that there is probably more white tails in USA now then during the times of Red Indians not withstanding the legalised hunting of the deers.
More wild turkeys too. And more wild ducks and geese. Thanks to the tariff on hunting and the hundreds of millions that yearly t went back to buying and extending and protecting their habitats.

Sadly, no passenger pigeons.And many others. Protection of wildlife is more than starry eyes and wearing of rose tinted glasses.
Money is required together with spending those money wisely.

I have given enough to have paid to shoot 2 male lions. It was at my insistence that I remain a life member and not patron.
How much have you given to wild life?

Have you walked and breath the air and spend the time with wildlife and wild birds in their habitats?

How much have you known of wild life to really appreciate what they are?

You create this image in your mind that all hunters want nothing but to kill and brag of their kills.
Indeed, that is entirely within your right to do so. Allow you to curse better and more righteously.

Or cursing people like me is your only contribution to wildlife?

Nothing I will say will make a difference to what you feel.
I will not say anymore and you can have the last word and this is the last I write in this thread.

I hope you feel that much better for cursing me to your hearts content.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in sport fishing today, many big fish catchers pull in the big kahuna such as bluefin tuna, marlin, or even sharks, and after taking pics with the catch throw them back in the water. same can be done with big predators and or animals on land. tranquilize them with dartguns (harder as they have shorter range than high powered rifles), take a pic to prove the "kill", and leave them to wake up a few minutes into their slumber. :biggrin:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in sport fishing today, many big fish catchers pull in the big kahuna such as bluefin tuna, marlin, or even sharks, and after taking pics with the catch throw them back in the water. same can be done with big predators and or animals on land. tranquilize them with dartguns (harder as they have shorter range than high powered rifles), take a pic to prove the "kill", and leave them to wake up a few minutes into their slumber. :biggrin:

Sorry for going back on my word of not writing anymore in this thread.
I rephrase that to not replying to any more attack/cursing on me by Spock.

I do sport fishing too. On a catch and release for a long time already.
Even for smaller fishes and not just game fishes.

It is different on land. There is only a limited amount of habitat left with the encroachment of man and farms and plantations onto the land.
Those habitat can only carry a limited amount of wildlife that must be managed. That need not be done before as nature will best regulate itself. But that was before man came along.

The earlier check and balance obviously worked very well.
That earlier check and balance is no more.

Too many deers and graziers meant the trees and barks and undergrowth will be all gone leaving hunger and diseases and total destruction not just for the graziers, but all other levels of wildlife including predators.

A predator can remain on top of the harem and prevent other genes from entering the gene pool. That must be managed to keep predators healthy.

A lot of hunting is already done with cameras and telephoto lenses. Those category are welcomed, but fact remain that legal hunters pay the vast bulk of money.
And as earlier said, the wildlife must be culled for them to stay healthy and that must be done.
As with humans with good and bad and indifferent, there are also many other kinds of hunters. I speak for those I know and those like me that will kill with compassion and deepest respect and that I like to think is the vast majority.

It was the hunting I did that lead me to my love of conservation and opened not just my heart. That opened my pocket now.
And when I finally go, even more of my pocket will open to them

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How dare the disgusting syrian kill the lion for meat.
I hope their civil war never end.

article-2515514-19B978D100000578-883_634x441.jpg

A picture circulating on social media appearing to show Syrian rebels butchering a zoo lion is the latest evidence that residents of the war torn country are starving, according to activists

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those syrians did not have any choice to make.
If anything, I rather that lion was killed quickly and not allowed to starve to death as likely be the case since the Syrians did not even have food for themselves.
And if the lion is dead, the body will do the Syrians more good than for the lion itself.

Blame is on Assad and not on the poor Syrians trying to cling on to life.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ask yourself, how much families can one starving lion meat supplies? The war is more than two years old. No end in sight.
Would the right thing to give away the lion to 3rd countries?
They already approve eating dogs. The religious body there change from dog is dirty to it is ok to eat dogs.
You know what is next? The next is ok to eat your enemy human corpses.
So you want to see that happen? By saying it is ok to eat zoo lion, it is a slippery slope to eating homo sapien.
The brave thing is for them to surrender and allow aid to come in.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as a self proclaim lover of large cats. It is a disgrace for you to give approval to the murder of zoo animal for food. Is the war ending next week? Does it make difference into the grand scheme of things?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Strange!

I never said I a lover of large cats even if I said I like to shoot a lion.

I love small cats. And even if syrians go to eat small cats, I can understand their needs.

When life is measured by the day, I forgive the syrians if they chose measures to eke out another day.
Knowing the zoo animals have no food, I rather swift deaths for them then slow death by starvation.

The day might come, or even arrived, when dead syrians go on to give life to living syrians.

Before judgement on syrians be made, try to live even a day in their shoes.
Or more realistically, judgement be made on humanity who stood by even though they saw such tragedy unfolding.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun need to live a day in their shoes. They deserve it because they are terrorists.

Strange!

I never said I a lover of large cats even if I said I like to shoot a lion.

I love small cats. And even if syrians go to eat small cats, I can understand their needs.

When life is measured by the day, I forgive the syrians if they chose measures to eke out another day.
Knowing the zoo animals have no food, I rather swift deaths for them then slow death by starvation.

The day might come, or even arrived, when dead syrians go on to give life to living syrians.

Before judgement on syrians be made, try to live even a day in their shoes.
Or more realistically, judgement be made on humanity who stood by even though they saw such tragedy unfolding.