• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS!!! IDA Website kena hacked!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised you have such a low opinion of the Papzis' efforts at making the internet pervasive in our society.

Nothing to do with german. Life will go on without those government or any other websites. Anonymous can shut the whole thing down for all i care.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Maintenance only la. Hey I'm off to Melbourne for New Year is the weather cool at that time?

The height of summer is the WORST possible time to visit Melbourne. It's too HOT!!!!

Spring and Autumn are ideal.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yaacob-ibrahim.jpg

all ur gov sites were under maintenance! we just forgot to tell u in advance!

Only thing those PAP maggots and cockroaches can do consistently is to fucking lie and lie and lie to us all

While forcing us to sing the muckjula stinkapura, the PAP maggots cockroaches stole billions and our futures from all of us
While making us say the fucking pledge in front of their fucking rotten flag, the PAP maggots c ockroa ches walking bags of excrement stole our land from under our feet

Now that Messiah make them malu and shitting in their pants, they think we are like Leongsam and small kids can be bluffed in all the fucking lies of maintenance

THEY ALL SHOULD STICK SHIT IN THEIR MOUTH AND MAYBE THEIR SPEECHES MIGHT SMELL CLEANER

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks bro. I think I will get it there. Cup noodles from here all in Thai. Anyway its for emergency only, last month in Germany was sick of sausages and ham and bread. Anyway australia got plenty of Asian food so no worries.

When in Sydney you may want to dine at Doyles @ Watson Bay. The Doyles family has been serving seafood at the same location since 1885.

Closer to town Nick's seafood restaurant at Cockle Bay Wharf is pretty good.

My favorite Chinese restaurant in Sydney is Golden Century at Sussex Street, Chinatown.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just hacked into Anonymous website using my botnet of zombies last week. I was tremendously successful. Since I represent the PAP government when I hacked this bastard animal, they've vowed vendetta against me. This is unexpected. I did not invite a revenge attack, but these bastards are low-life animals. I wrote to them that if they so clever, go hack the banks.....oops!! I slipped my tongue once again. So sorry.

I heard Singapore intends to go nuclear? KNN, asking to die!!

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't think so. as an IT expert my take was it was hacked into and since they were forewarned, they quickly took down the website the instant it was hacked and says under maintenance to save face.

Ya, that's their usual doing, not surprising at all.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The height of summer is the WORST possible time to visit Melbourne. It's too HOT!!!!

Spring and Autumn are ideal.

Alamak booked everything. Also wife is very looking forward. So not possible to change. Hell, maybe NZ would have been a better choice, can go fishing with my partner there some more, shucks!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When in Sydney you may want to dine at Doyles @ Watson Bay. The Doyles family has been serving seafood at the same location since 1885.

Closer to town Nick's seafood restaurant at Cockle Bay Wharf is pretty good.

My favorite Chinese restaurant in Sydney is Golden Century at Sussex Street, Chinatown.

Thanks a lot Mel.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Alamak booked everything. Also wife is very looking forward. So not possible to change. Hell, maybe NZ would have been a better choice, can go fishing with my partner there some more, shucks!

If you've already booked, then just keep your fingers crossed as the temperature in Melbourne all depends upon which direction the prevailing wind is coming from.

If it's coming from the North, then it brings stifling hot winds from the outback. If it's a Southerly and is sucking wind up from the antarctic, then the temperature can plunge to the mid teens even in the middle of summer.

Auckland is similar but the temperature extremes are not as great as the oceans moderate the temp swings.

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Melbourne-weather-averages/Victoria/AU.aspx

Melbourne Yearly Weather Summary

Melbourne weather is particularly mild all year round with no great extremes. The summer season in Melbourne is from December to February when the weather remains sunny, with a freshening sea breeze and the average maximum temperature is 25.5°C. The summer temperature can exceed 40°C in Melbourne. In winter (June to August), Melbourne experiences some of Australia's coldest weather with some nights producing frost. Snow doesn't fall in the city itself, but occasionally the outlying hills receive a light snowfall. The average daily temperature during winter is 14°C, and it can fall below 4°C.

Melbourne has a maritime temperate climate that has proneness to drastic and sudden changes in short span of time. There are four seasons with hot summers and dry winters. That is why the constant change is referred to as 'four seasons in one day' in Melbourne's culture.

Summer

Summer lasts from December till February in Melbourne. The average high temperature goes from 24 degrees Celsius to 26 degrees Celsius in January and February. By the end of December, there is summer in full swing. Rainfall is low in Melbourne. This season is influenced by droughts which can lead to grass and forest fires by combining with the heat. The temperatures can be tormenting by rising up to 41 degrees Celsius. A cooling sea breeze often persists.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Hell, maybe NZ would have been a better choice, can go fishing with my partner there some more, shucks!

Melbourne is far better for your wife as it is a larger city with more shops, cafes and restaurants.

If you like outdoor activities, then NZ is better.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you Sam for the above. Ya all booked so no changes, will hope for the best. Was attracted to the post Christmas shopping there too.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be quite easy to get around all these cybersecurity walls maintained by these cheapo Indian so-called IT talents.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you Sam for the above. Ya all booked so no changes, will hope for the best. Was attracted to the post Christmas shopping there too.

Better go early if you're heading for the Boxing Day shopping! Otherwise would have to park and walk 20 mins away for a car park spot.

I always skip the event.. not worth the effort :p

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First it was 'planned maintenance'. Now it's 'routing issues' and 'hardware failure'. Pappies sure take the cake for innovative excuses.

<header class="article-header" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: block; ">Report blames outage of Singapore government websites on ‘routing issues’, ‘hardware failure’

</header><section class="entry-content clearfix" itemprop="articleBody" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: block; zoom: 1; font-size: 0.9em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 2em; margin-left: 12px; margin-right: 12px; ">Updated with statement from IDA issued on November 4.
ida-down.jpg
An incident report (embedded below) purportedly by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) has determined that “routing problems” from an unnamed Internet Service Provider (ISP), along with the hardware failure of an internet router, were the causes of the massive outage that took down over 19 government websites last Saturday. The report did not state if human error or hackers were involved.

The document, uploaded by an unknown person, says that GDC1, an internet connection service used by many government websites, called for an urgent scheduled maintenance on November 1 from 1pm to 3pm to test “the implementation of a security solution for internet access”.

However, things started to go wrong during the test. When the internet connection was swung from its primary to secondary link, a “routing problem” was discovered on the side of the Internet Service Provider, which caused the swing to fail.

But when the internet connection was reverted back to the primary link, the internet router experienced a hardware failure. Even though a replacement router was eventually used, it had difficulty connecting to the ISP.

This disrupted government internet systems and services that are hosted at GDC1, starting from November 2 at 3pm. It also impacted the government’s Domain Name System, which meant that when users key in a web address, the system was unable to match it to the respective website.The routing issues were resolved by 5.21pm on the same day.

IDA is currently waiting for an incident report from the ISP to explain what caused the routing and connection problems. The agency did not explain if hackers were able to gain access via a backdoor through the internet router, and use that vulnerability to disrupt the internet service.

In response to Tech in Asia’s queries, IDA has issued a press release stating that their maintenance was a response to the declared threats by a hacker called The Messiah to wage war against the Government’s IT infrastructure. The timing certainly wasn’t coincidental: The warning was uploaded on YouTube on October 29, just a few days before the “urgent” scheduled maintenance.

The same hacker has also said that he will be making a virtual protest on November 5 together with the Millions Mask March event. The March is a protest movement with a mission of promoting “fairness, justice, and freedom”.

IDA also confirmed several facts about the maintenance that were in line with the incident report. These include a maintenance which took place from 1pm to 3pm, which led the discovery of a fault that affected selected government websites. IDA also said that the outage was caused by a combination of a routing issue and a hardware failure.

The government agency added that maintenance will continue in the next few days. As a result, some government websites will continue to face intermittent issues.

Leading up to tomorrow, Anonymous hackers in Asia have been on a warpath to disrupt public and private sector websites. They took down dozens of government websites in the Philippines, and followed that up by defacing 170 websites in Australia. While all of them claim to be from the same collective, it’s likely that these cracks are performed by different sub-groups.
IDA-report-Service Outage-2Nov2013.pdf by Latisha Carr
</section>