• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Own Question Post - blood pressure monitor machine, which is reliable?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tomorrow need to buy two units of blood pressure monitor for my homes. May I request any one here to help recommend me a good reliable product? Brands, models and why is this model so good.

Thank you all.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me, blend celery,broccoli,tomato,apple,orange and coriander(cilantro) tablespoon of fish oil....every morning 1 glass.....:smile:

tititata

Alfrescian
Loyal
not too savvy with machines, but a blend of fresh celery (optional with apples) does help in lowering BP.

I would prefer A - Apple (Green), B - Beetroot and C - Celery. it really works. However, Beetroot is a little messy so I usually substitute with Carrot. Really nice and healthy.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
However, Beetroot is a little messy so I usually substitute with Carrot. Really nice and healthy.

carrots still packed with beta carotenoids, not too bad. but me like my carrots with milk, then celery doesn't go too well with milk :o:o:o

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
carrots still packed with beta carotenoids, not too bad. but me like my carrots with milk, then celery doesn't go too well with milk :o:o:o

zhihua, I'm afraid of chemicals sprayed on the plant or absorbed by the carrot la. Is it a concern?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tomorrow need to buy two units of blood pressure monitor for my homes. May I request any one here to help recommend me a good reliable product? Brands, models and why is this model so good.

Thank you all.

Bought one of this, after scouting around for a while, the shops & Pharmacies, OMRON HEM-7221, http://www.omron-healthcare.com.sg/products_bloodpressure_HEM7221.htm paid around S$200+ for this. There are cheaper Omron's they are made in Vietnam etc, have tested & seen various blood pressure monitors, not sure of their support,I ended up buying this model for peace of mind.

I learn this from my doctor, the digital pressure monitors give reading slightly higher & depends on how you sit, place your hand, move your body, it affect the reading. My experience is, you get exited taking your own BP, and when the reading is done, you "OMG"! so high!, please relax & do another.

I think I paid extra S$30 for an adaptor, in case I cant find batteries. The most accurate pressure monitor, would be the one with the pump & the mercury that goes up & down the glass tube & the stetescope to hear the heart beat, then again, we are not healthcare professional, we don't know how to hear the heart beat.

:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihua, I'm afraid of chemicals sprayed on the plant or absorbed by the carrot la. Is it a concern?

If that is a problem, grow your own carrots!! ha ha ha Can we trust those Organic ones?, I read somewhere that they "Organic" labelling on many of the produce are just cheating the buyers, though there are genuine one. We don't have farms here, so we can't buy fresh produce, we have to trust & buy in faith what we get from "ants till you C"...wash them vegetables once, before cooking..

In everything, eat in moderation...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thank you all.

No one machine is reliable. Take your meds regularly if your BP is elevated. Check with your doctor regularly. If you buy one of those "reliable" electronic gadgets, your BP will always be HIGH!!!

Humble suggestion: Take meds regularly and check with your doctor on a daily basis.If you want, get one OMRON will do.But don't panic if one day your BP registers 200!!! Electronic gadgets can run amok.

Lifestyle changes is still the best.Take life easy.Don't stress.Don't worry too much about your BP if you are on regular meds and regular check up. Be peaceful.Do Taichiquan and Meditation. Be always happy and don't lose your temper or throw tantrums.

Hope this helps.Take care....