• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wow Spore geeting too expensive

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread just died-ed?

Still get over it... that cheap good value S$60k for a sea view condo.

How many bedrooms / bath and carspace and what is the size of the unit?

Is it freehold or how many years lease?

Do you have any English websites?

Have you ever been to Pattaya:confused:
You need to know the basic layout of Pattaya: e.g. North Pattaya, central, south pattaya. You can then decide on the quieter & cheaper S.Pattaya vs the noisier downtown Pattaya.

There are plenty of projects going on, from homes to condos. If you want to buy a private home it's a bite more complicated because you have to set up a company which many people are willing to help with. Then have that property registered under that company

Buying a condo is much simpler because it can be registered under your name, even if you are a foreigner.
You can buy pre-built condos(about 2 years to TOP) which is cheaper. Or the newly built condos that are being launched. These are what companies at the malls are selling. There are plenty of companies. The problem is that whenever I ask about prices, they all want my email to send me details:biggrin:

Recommend you come for a holiday & visit some of the representatives. You can also better understand the various locations of the projects.

Some of the representatives deal with more than one condo project. Thes reps can recommend condo, housing, rentals that fit your budget. For example if you choose an area popular with local doctors you can rent out to locals. The area is also near to the hospitals:smile:
If you decide on more expensive projects you'll probably have farang(angmo) neighbours.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the problem with $60K condo is that when you are serious they will tell you - Oh! we only had a few units of that and they are all sold out, why don't you take a look at our $150k type very very good, dee mak mak pii chai mai phid wang, no regret

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sporeans are allowed to stay in LOS for 60 days. You can then make use of the VISA runs, a short trip to Malaysia, Cambodia,...& then re-enter LOS to qualify for another 60 days.

If you want to stay longer there are a few options:
You can apply for a student visa, to study Thai. I think that such a visa allows you to study for 10 years, but the Thai authorities may test your language skills from time to time, to make sure that you are actually attending classes:biggrin:
If you are 50+ you can apply to stay in LOS under the retirement scheme. Under this scheme you will have to show that each year you have $50,000 in the bank account
bro, you got it all right. the actual amount for retirement visa is thb 800k.

TenderLovingCare

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever been to Pattaya:confused:
You need to know the basic layout of Pattaya: e.g. North Pattaya, central, south pattaya. You can then decide on the quieter & cheaper S.Pattaya vs the noisier downtown Pattaya.

There are plenty of projects going on, from homes to condos. If you want to buy a private home it's a bite more complicated because you have to set up a company which many people are willing to help with. Then have that property registered under that company

Buying a condo is much simpler because it can be registered under your name, even if you are a foreigner.
You can buy pre-built condos(about 2 years to TOP) which is cheaper. Or the newly built condos that are being launched. These are what companies at the malls are selling. There are plenty of companies. The problem is that whenever I ask about prices, they all want my email to send me details:biggrin:

Recommend you come for a holiday & visit some of the representatives. You can also better understand the various locations of the projects.

Some of the representatives deal with more than one condo project. Thes reps can recommend condo, housing, rentals that fit your budget. For example if you choose an area popular with local doctors you can rent out to locals. The area is also near to the hospitals:smile:
If you decide on more expensive projects you'll probably have farang(angmo) neighbours.

Thank you very much for the detail input.

Yes, been to Pattaya about 10 years ago.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you very much for the detail input.

Yes, been to Pattaya about 10 years ago.

The last time I was in Pattaya was 5 years ago & today I can see plenty of changes. Suggest you visit to see how it's changed. With the ASEAN AEC(Asean Economic Community) agreement expected to come into effect in 2013, it will be easy for Sporeans to visit AND live in LOS. Sporeans will NOT need a visa to work or stay in any asean country indefinitely :eek:

In thailand the only limitation in buying property is that for condos, 50% of each project is reserved for thai citizens. If you are a foreigner that wants to buy land or a condominium that already has 50% foreign ownership, you buy under a companies name.

The easiest is to get a condo that hasn't been bought up by 50% foreigners.
According to someone I talked to the best prices is being offered by a property agent rather than the developer. According to him the developer relies on the network of property agents to sell their units.

The property agents are also a good source to go to because of their knowledge of all the projects in an area, old condos, landed property,.... and sometimes distressed sales. If you don't mind older properties you may get hold of cheap properties selling at fire sale prices:smile:

I've met & talked to many agents but I didn't want to bother them with too many questions because I haven't decided on where I want to stay. Some of these agents are angmos, so I expect they have a higher markup:wink: The 2 that I got cards from are local thais & their web sites are:
www.wrrpattaya.com
www.greendoorenterprises.com

If you fly with any of the airlines or budget airlines, other than AirAsia, they use Suvarnabhumi. From Suvarnabhumi you can get a bus to Pattaya.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the ASEAN AEC(Asean Economic Community) agreement expected to come into effect in 2013, it will be easy for Sporeans to visit AND live in LOS. Sporeans will NOT need a visa to work or stay in any asean country indefinitely :eek:
You sure? This will also mean pinoys can come to sinkieland to stay indefinitely? There has to be a catch somewhere, right?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You sure? This will also mean pinoys can come to sinkieland to stay indefinitely? There has to be a catch somewhere, right?

I don't read the papers so have to admit to being ignorant of the details.
I think that if you are a businessman, it will be easier to setup businesses as there will be less red tape. However if you want to work as a wage earner than local laws may apply.

I doubt many Sporeans would accept thai wages. There is also a problem with the language barrier.
Spore is a different case. You don't even have to understand english to work here:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the problem with $60K condo is that when you are serious they will tell you - Oh! we only had a few units of that and they are all sold out, why don't you take a look at our $150k type very very good, dee mak mak pii chai mai phid wang, no regret

I get the impression that there are plenty of studio units for $60,000 in the Jomtien area. If someone tells you that they have sold out, just go to another agent who might have different connections with the other projects. If you are patient you can even get cheaper deals.

If you have a bigger budget you have more flexibilty in the areas other than Jomtien.

I have the price list for a new upscale project called Modus in the Wong A Mat Beach. There are 2 buildings for this project, each no taller than 7 floors. Prices vary from 5,983,000 to 90,000,000baht. The prices reflect differences in area size, sea view, etc.

I was initially considering buying property in Bangkok but decided against it because for me it makes more sense to rent a service apartment. The main points against staying in Bangkok is the pollution & the floods.

Pattaya makes more sense because of its healthier environment. It's also quite near to the Suvarnabhumi airport taking about 90 minutes by bus. I notice they've improved the roads since I was last there. Many companies will even pick you up from your condo.

There are 6+ hospitals in Pattaya, more than even in Spore. You can even get decent health insurance from bupa, http://www.bupa.co.th/en/individuals.aspx

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumb fuck moron comparing SG prices with Thailand prices. U want to compare SG pay with Thailand pay???

SG median income is about SGD $2,900 a month. Median income in Thailand is about THB$8000 or SGD$320.

Fucking retard