• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this a game on every internet forum

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
NOT to be the last one posting on each thread? I feel very awkward and conscious of myself when nobody replies.

jw5

Loyal
NOT to be the last one posting on each thread? I feel very awkward and conscious of myself when nobody replies.

It doesn't mean anything.
The last post could be so profound that nobody knows how to reply, it could also be so idiotic that nobody wants to reply.
And of course everything else in between.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The last post could be so profound that nobody knows how to reply, it could also be so idiotic that nobody wants to reply.

perfectly executed.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

sometimes too bold and too loud to response. nobody wants to touch it. so all very quiet ....just move on to the next thread.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Awkward and self conscious? You are taking cyber life too seriously....you must be one of those that value your points type....

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y u feel very awkward? ...

u shud b happy dat u had made evrybody dunno wat 2 say! ...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let you have the last word, that's what it means.

Getting to the punchline is the best part of a conversation. Nobody laughs. Then people start talking about the weather.

sometimes too bold and too loud to response. nobody wants to touch it. so all very quiet ....just move on to the next thread.

Yes, a little like the party-goers have gone home and you are the only one left on the dance floor. You hope nobody notices in the next party.

Awkward and self conscious? You are taking cyber life too seriously....you must be one of those that value your points type....

Used to be. There was a time when I lost my power and cannot "plus rep", no choice I have to post encouragement or heap scorn openly. Now that I have power again, I find power to be quite pointless. I have more fun without using it. But you know lah, sometimes I wonder how many people put me on ignore user since I also enjoy posting rubbish.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I, too have the same feeling, when i replied, no one responded
and the thread just tapered off, but that's not the case,
so don't be too sensitive and happy posting.

jw5

Loyal
Used to be. There was a time when I lost my power and cannot "plus rep", no choice I have to post encouragement or heap scorn openly. Now that I have power again, I find power to be quite pointless. I have more fun without using it. But you know lah, sometimes I wonder how many people put me on ignore user since I also enjoy posting rubbish.

I was one of the first ones to add to your points, that was not too long after you registered your nick.
Unusual, since I am usually very suspicious of most newbies, whom I consider to be clones until proven otherwise.
Do you know or remember what I added your points for? I remember.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fishypie is sensitive of trying NOT to up my own's Post, for fear of you know what or whom may do..the onLy exception is the 'What the fish' Thread; which i found to be quite responsive.
Instead, i chose to PM and give thanks to the forummers instead; Like that Post of: ' My niece wishes to be a Vet'.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was one of the first ones to add to your points, that was not too long after you registered your nick.
Unusual, since I am usually very suspicious of most newbies, whom I consider to be clones until proven otherwise.
Do you know or remember what I added your points for? I remember.

Quite flattered you still remember. I actually started posting on this forum during the Presidential Elections. But I had a quick look at the rep tally and I see that you have added me from a post responding to the now inactive krafty. He seems genuinely mired in a cycle of depression, and was close to becoming loopy. But yes, thank you for the vote of confidence.

Actually I don't quite understand the whole clone dynamics. Clones would be useful for anonymous zapping, since the impact would not be as devastating as being on the receiving end of zaps from senior members. But I don't quite understand why anyone should bother, since you can simply tick them off openly for annoying you. To me that is so much more satisfying than having people simmering over investigating who has zapped them for making innocuous remarks. But that is just me. This is nice and I feel that when words are unnecessary, I can simply "plus rep" to encourage people to post more without creating another murderous zapper in the making.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fishypie is sensitive of trying NOT to up my own's Post, for fear of you know what or whom may do..the onLy exception is the 'What the fish' Thread; which i found to be quite responsive.

Oh, don't worry. This thread will be buried by the end of the day. No biggie.

I enjoyed that fishing thread by the way, even though I can't quite relate to it.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
This is nice and I feel that when words are unnecessary, I can simply "plus rep" to encourage people to post more without creating another murderous zapper in the making.

The points system is useful for establishing camaraderie in the forum, a way of thanking others for their contributions, may be it a joke, analysis, useful information, advice, encouragement, etc. Mostly for fun and not to be taken too seriously, but perhaps not taken too lightly either, as it may point people towards some self assessment of their own contribution and behaviour in this community we call SBF.

Despite being generally suspicious of new forummers and in some cases still am (haha), I added your points for that post because it was a genuine piece of good advice which could apply to just about anyone. Hopefully, there would be more such posts from others, giving encouragement and sensible advice. You have become much more edgy lately which has made me curious, but that's fine too. :biggrin:

As for clones, it doesn't really matter who they are or how many, as long as they are not manipulative and not out to disrupt the natural flow of the discussions, while engaging in mockery and manipulation. But based on human nature and how people can be so selfish and self centred as long as they are "not affected or can get some benefit", it's not surprising that such attempts to disrupt and manipulate are quite prevalent. The latest declarations of the "spouse and gf of 2 supposedly dead forummers" is a classic example of one such fucker who has been manipulating all this while and has gone on to mockery. Not surprising in the least, but no less galling.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is prevalent in Spore focused forums, far less so in forums that originate in other countries. National traits come to the fore here. The most significant of which is face, especially not giving people face. :o

yaosiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes there may be no answers for some questions in real life.

That is they way it is. Don't feel sorry for yourself.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is prevalent in Spore focused forums, far less so in forums that originate in other countries. National traits come to the fore here. The most significant of which is face, especially not giving people face. :o

That is true. I seldom post new threads, but when I do I feel obligated to keep it going as if I was on the podium responding to questions from the floor. Stressful sia!

I may be a newbie, but even I feel you are taking forum life too seriously.

Yes these days I spend way too much time on the internet.

Thank you for your participation everyone. This boliao thread is now closed.

Last edited: