• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: East Ledang PH 2A

ujana 1.JPGujana 2.JPGujana 3.JPG

A few pics inside Ujana...

Maserati

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys, I have benefited greatly from your thread and thanks much to everyone who have posted. I bought my first home in east ledang few days ago: phase 3B, type B. I was really happy with the purchase being my very first landed home and decided to take up a Bungalow without pool though. Price point was almost 20% cheaper than the new launch for phase 4A noble park.

I was surprised that phase 3B was launched in dec 2011 and had some units left.

Maserati

Alfrescian
Loyal
phase 4 A is selling fast too these days.

The great news for us who have vested interests are that phase 4B will be selling around 4-4.5 million and phase 5 targeted to be above rm 5 million. Lakeside semi d will likely to launch middle to end dec (expected only) at 2.4 million up per unit. It is going to be a crazy crazy upward revision in 2013 guys for EL. Any thoughts from the veterans here? Bro IR, WQ, Investor, etc?
Very happy to join this community and can't wait to move in!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

704185_10151185114209667_1168045769_o.jpg

view of Ledang Height.

The view from the penthouse on 22nd floor but is not my unit. Viewing deck and function place on 23rd floor. Windy and good view.

Fantastic view of Ledang Heights from Ujana. Didn't know that there is a viewing deck and function room at 23rd floor.
Ujana is really great value for money for those who bought it in 2010.

Inception

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from sales that the initial plan was to launch in November, however, the number of enquiries far exceed the supply and they have been overwhelmed. They have only 24 units and this the last phase of semi Ds. Sales is still trying to figure out the best way to launch as they feel that the situation will be worse than what they had at Teega.

What I heard from the UEM sales at the UEM Land Tour yesterday was that they are waiting for consent from the authorities before they are allowed to launch the last phase of semi-Ds, and they therefore cannot confirm when the launch is happening.

Attachments

• 305643_533282573368097_1065123470_n.jpg
    305643_533282573368097_1065123470_n.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 411

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I heard from the UEM sales at the UEM Land Tour yesterday was that they are waiting for consent from the authorities before they are allowed to launch the last phase of semi-Ds, and they therefore cannot confirm when the launch is happening.

Hi Inception, thanks for the clarification and welcome. Looks like my sales lady has not been up to speed.

BTW, would be great if you could share some highlights of what these experts had to say, in case you heard the talks.

Inception

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Inception, thanks for the clarification and welcome. Looks like my sales lady has not been up to speed.

BTW, would be great if you could share some highlights of what these experts had to say, in case you heard the talks.

Hi IskandarRocks,

Sure let me try to recall what the three "experts" had to say:

Ho Chin Soon: The best speaker of the three, he seems to be a permabull as far as Malaysia property is concerned. He showed us some aerial photography of the Iskandar region and talked about the future train station locations in Johor and Singapore. In summary, he was of the view that Malaysia property is good to invest in (but of course). He only allowed one question at the end of his presentation and a participant asked:

If I were to retire, which city is best? Penang, KL or Johor?

Chin Soon said that for Singaporeans, the natural choice is Iskandar because "it is located at your own backyard".

What about Ipoh?

"Well, there is only one hero in Ipoh and we all know who that is. (audience laughs) I can just tell you that Ipoh's population is declining."

A number of participants started snapping pictures when his slides were screened, and he said there is no need to take pictures as he uploads everything to his website. See e.g. http://www.slideshare.net/ipropertymalaysia/ho-chin-soons-overview-of-mrt#btnPrevious

David Koh: David talked about "environology" which is his own form of fengshui. I had expected him to talk about fengshui with respect to UEM's projects or at least share some general fengshui concepts in relation to Iskandar landscape. Unfortunately, he chose to promote himself and he harped on about his earlier predictions about the weather forecast, political changes in various countries and the state of the global economy.

I checked with a friend who is a full time fengshui master and he said that (a) David does not know fengshui [but knows how to market himself] (b) it is impossible to predict the future and those who claim to be able to do so are charlatans. My friend also told me that in 2009, top fengshui masters from Malaysia predicted that the stock/property market would do even worse.

Gavin Tee: Told us to "buy low and sell high". Also shared his insights on why Malaysia property would do well and that condos make good investments, but FH land is better (although not the very high end). Claimed that he had told reporters in 2010 that it was the best time to buy property and he was the lone voice in the wilderness (and that if you had listened to him...blah blah). That he conducts courses on how to invest in property. I left his presentation halfway.

Conclusion
In conclusion, I would say that it is far better to have no information rather than disinformation, and one has to be wary of source and quality of information. One way to double check is to ask yourself "what is the agenda of each speaker" (which is usually money or fame).

Nevertheless, kudos to UEM for organizing this event in such a nice hotel. I enjoyed the buffet and I hope other Malaysian developers will take the initiative in organizing such seminars in Singapore.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IskandarRocks,

Sure let me try to recall what the three "experts" had to say:

Ho Chin Soon: The best speaker of the three, he seems to be a permabull as far as Malaysia property is concerned. He showed us some aerial photography of the Iskandar region and talked about the future train station locations in Johor and Singapore. In summary, he was of the view that Malaysia property is good to invest in (but of course). He only allowed one question at the end of his presentation and a participant asked:

If I were to retire, which city is best? Penang, KL or Johor?

Chin Soon said that for Singaporeans, the natural choice is Iskandar because "it is located at your own backyard".

What about Ipoh?

"Well, there is only one hero in Ipoh and we all know who that is. (audience laughs) I can just tell you that Ipoh's population is declining."

I would think Mr. Ho probably has the most useful knowledge to share among the three. Who is that hero from Ipoh? I was born and spent the first 7 years of my life in Ipoh but no idea who this person Mr. Ho is taking about.
I agree with Mr. Ho's answer that for Sporeans, it is most logical to retire to Iskandar where it is just a short hop away from Singapore (where you may still have friends and families) and yet maximumise the value of your retirement monies in Malaysia. Imho, JB has become very developed due to influx of investments from Sporeans. This is where Ipoh is lagging and languishing behind because it doesnt have happening industries or economic pull factors to attract migrants from other parts of Malaysia and its young to stay behind to work. Most opportunities are found in Klang Valley and Singapore and up to a certain extent Penang. So yes, Ipoh will continue to languish but I think would be a reasonable retirement option for KL retirees wanting to escape the jams and hectic life in Klang Valley and yet is no more than 2 hours drive/train from KL.

Inception

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think Mr. Ho probably has the most useful knowledge to share among the three. Who is that hero from Ipoh? I was born and spent the first 7 years of my life in Ipoh but no idea who this person Mr. Ho is taking about.

The hero is none other than Peter Chan, who created The Haven.
http://www.nst.com.my/red/the-haven-one-man-s-journey-to-hell-and-back-1.152627
http://www.thehaven.com.my/

Someone also asked Mr Ho:

What about Penang?

His response: "Well all the good people have already left Penang... and moved to Singapore and KL. So (puts on a Penang accent in a tongue in cheek manner) only the gangsters is left. Penang only got gangsters nowadays (in Hokkien)." Hahaha the audience laughed like crazy!

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree, 10,000sqft land @ RM 100 psf = RM 1mil only. To build say reasonably good quality finishing with Interior Design (eg, marble flooring, solid timber for bedrooms, built-in kitchen, wardrobes and fittings) all inclusive @ RM 400 psf for Buildup area of 6000sf = RM 2.4mil. Cheaper, bigger land, faster and design the way you want it plus ready to move in condition! The only set back is that you have to spend time to realise your dream house......

Cheers
N

Hi Bro Nusajaya:

I think you are spot on with the land and construction cost estimates. But we need to keep in mind the following (correct me if I am wrong) as I have also looked into this option quite a bit:

- In case you have not secured your land already, it is getting very difficult to find one in Nusajaya as most owners in LH and LF are withdrawing from market, as per the top agents.
- To your estimate, add the Architects and Engineers fee, typically 7 to 15% of construction cost (what you pay is what you get). The good and experienced ones tend to be closer to 15%.
- Add legal and registration costs, typically the developer will absorb these, but here, you are on your own
- Price escalation: You typically lock the price with a developer on a SNP agreement, but if you build, you are at the mercy of inflation and the contractor. The architects told me to be prepared for 10% overrun
- Delays: Given the scale of construction activities in Nusajaya, remember, you are fighting for resources with some heavy hitters. Also, big developers give you compensation for delays. If you build on your own, all you get is frustration and perhaps some more cost escalation on delays
- Financing: Very limited number of banks do financing for land + construction. I have looked into the T&C of one bank and the penalties are steep if you dont build within the stipulated time

So, easier said than done. Not trying to discourage, but trying to be realistic. For someone's own stay, it is definitely worth the effort to make a dream house. However, be prepared to put in a lot of 'Sweat Equity' if you have the time, deal with frustrations, and fork out additional $$$ for price escalations.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Inception,

Thanks much for your efforts in summarizing what you heard.

I could not agree more with you to be aware of the hidden agenda. It is best to take these talks, research reports, etc. with a grain of salt.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys, I have benefited greatly from your thread and thanks much to everyone who have posted. I bought my first home in east ledang few days ago: phase 3B, type B. I was really happy with the purchase being my very first landed home and decided to take up a Bungalow without pool though. Price point was almost 20% cheaper than the new launch for phase 4A noble park.

I was surprised that phase 3B was launched in dec 2011 and had some units left.

Hi Maserati, welcome and congratulations on your purchase. My personal view is that it is a great buy, given the 20% price differential, as you mention. Although, Phase 4A seems more luxurious, but the difference is significant. I dont think you will go wrong with landed unit in Nusajaya as they are very limited. Specifically East Ledang as it has become one of the top brands and will run out of land very soon.

Phase 3B units may have been left perhaps returned by buyers who could not get financing, or simply UEM Land's marketing efforts (or lack thereof). I think their best Marketing Campaign has been provided pro bono by Investor. :-)

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bro Nusajaya:

I think you are spot on with the land and construction cost estimates. But we need to keep in mind the following (correct me if I am wrong) as I have also looked into this option quite a bit:

- In case you have not secured your land already, it is getting very difficult to find one in Nusajaya as most owners in LH and LF are withdrawing from market, as per the top agents.
- To your estimate, add the Architects and Engineers fee, typically 7 to 15% of construction cost (what you pay is what you get). The good and experienced ones tend to be closer to 15%.
- Add legal and registration costs, typically the developer will absorb these, but here, you are on your own
- Price escalation: You typically lock the price with a developer on a SNP agreement, but if you build, you are at the mercy of inflation and the contractor. The architects told me to be prepared for 10% overrun
- Delays: Given the scale of construction activities in Nusajaya, remember, you are fighting for resources with some heavy hitters. Also, big developers give you compensation for delays. If you build on your own, all you get is frustration and perhaps some more cost escalation on delays
- Financing: Very limited number of banks do financing for land + construction. I have looked into the T&C of one bank and the penalties are steep if you dont build within the stipulated time

So, easier said than done. Not trying to discourage, but trying to be realistic. For someone's own stay, it is definitely worth the effort to make a dream house. However, be prepared to put in a lot of 'Sweat Equity' if you have the time, deal with frustrations, and fork out additional $$$ for price escalations.

In a way I gotta agree with you. Attempting to buy land n build house in a foreign land is venturing into the unknown... the brave souls could be rewarded with a dream home at decent price but it could well turn into a nightmare if you meet the wrong chaps

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi Maserati, welcome and congratulations on your purchase. My personal view is that it is a great buy, given the 20% price differential, as you mention. Although, Phase 4A seems more luxurious, but the difference is significant. I dont think you will go wrong with landed unit in Nusajaya as they are very limited. Specifically East Ledang as it has become one of the top brands and will run out of land very soon.

Phase 3B units may have been left perhaps returned by buyers who could not get financing, or simply UEM Land's marketing efforts (or lack thereof). I think their best Marketing Campaign has been provided pro bono by Investor. :-)

Hahahaha LMAO!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi Bro Nusajaya:

In a way I gotta agree with you. Attempting to buy land n build house in a foreign land is venturing into the unknown... the brave souls could be rewarded with a dream home at decent price but it could well turn into a nightmare if you meet the wrong chaps

Hehehe, in the worst case, at least you still own a Big Big piece of Freehold land which you can use during weekends for camping and you can enjoy stargazing and bbq over campfire. Just don't forget to bring your tent and mosquito repellant ;-P

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I really think UEM should reward Investor in some ways :smile: I think many are swayed by his views when buying EL... It is fantastic for us with vested interests

I'll be very happy now if someone really bought EL after reading my past posts :smile:
But I know no one did because of my posts as this is not like buying a toy from Toys'R'Us man :wink:

Last edited:

shining

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys,

I'm new in this thread and have been looking for either a Semi-D or corner terrace in EL last 2 weeks. I had viewed a few at Jalan Hang Lekir, I'm not sure if this is the phase 1. For a semi-d, owner asking RM 2.2m..if this is reasonable? is about 3 years old unoccupied. I really like the area very much but the price is out of reach for me, my budget is between RM 1-1.2m, not sure if I can get anything now as it seems to be going higher each time I look at it.:(

Cheers.