• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is it illegal to send pple sms advertisment?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the problem here? Some SMS sent to your phone is not going to kill you. Grow up and stop being so irritatingly self-righteous.
The SMS sent to you is free to read and it costs the advertiser money to push each SMS out.

Is it still free when you are overseas?

NoBallsToTokMCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the problem here? Some SMS sent to your phone is not going to kill you. Grow up and stop being so irritatingly self-righteous.
The SMS sent to you is free to read and it costs the advertiser money to push each SMS out.

You spend more seconds blinking your eyes each day than reading the SMS on your phone. Get a grip please.

BTW, most of these SMS advertisers are small time entrepreneurs that finds advertising on ST classifieds too expensive.

Truly a fucking spammer. Phone users privacy not to be respected? You are indirectly saying that users have no choice but to swallow it being forced down their throats.

Oh wait. Your are a TEFLON and you will flip flop again. Shit. Wasted my time replying to you. :biggrin:

Last edited:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can pay for such services, get the telco to SMS their client database... All they need is to place a compulsory unsubscribe option.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also want to know. Can anyone sue the sms for ad like loan,tuition,insurance,.....................
Really hate those sms.

NoBallsToTokMCH

Alfrescian
Loyal

Too late for you to delete your earlier posts via editing as it has been screen captured Mr TEFLON. Flip more prata ok? :biggrin:

1562764272d20d35c1cf4772ff7fe91b8f78ed97.jpg

156276593390550eea8ede4f53bc96f211326115.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. When sms is received, phone rings and/or vibrates, waste battery power.
2. When open sms and read, also waste battery power and time.
3. Delete sms also use up battery power and time.
4. Then got to recharge, waste electricity and money.

Your phone run on solar energy izit?

I also have a land line & I get all kinds of calls trying to sell me things & services :(

Back in the old days you only received calls from people you knew, but nowadays you have to pay for PRIVACY. When I got my residential number I didn't think an unlisted number was necessary but it's now a necessity if you want to avoid nuisance calls. I think Singtel sells your phone details to telemarketers.

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am that puay CB clone of SamuelStalin aka lancheowman and variants. sigh... :p

And a kid kid here and a kid kid there, here kid there kid every where kid kid, old macdonald had a farm.. ee yah ee yah ohhh...

Now how's that? Play time!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
On SMS spam, for a start you can go after the Telcos. Their subscribers bought bulk SMS at a discount and are not allowed to spam in their terms of service. The only problem is their Telcos know how to siam your calls. Start first by getting their names (this way they cannot conveniently hang up) and complain. You can also call their watch dog infocomm to report the Telcos. Nothing will be done of course, the whole purpose is to harass back legitimately until the Government do something. Do this whenever you are free and have nothing else to do.

As for the spammers who call you, you'll only encourage them if you get angry with them, they will sell your contacts to other spammers. Recently I have started to engage them, talking to them endlessly about other things other than what they are selling, telling them I am lonely and wish to talk to anyone, asking them personal questions like how old they are, what they are wearing, if they have boyfriend. The phones calls stopped after that.

I also want to know. Can anyone sue the sms for ad like loan,tuition,insurance,.....................
Really hate those sms.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncle went china make so much money for soo long yet all these people still afraid of uncle in my absense, now uncle back, they better run road fast fast