• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Weather in the morning is still cool at 21/22 degC however the daytime temperature is rising to around 33 degC so I guess the cold weather is giving way to the hot weather which will climax in April during the water festival when temperature in Bangkok can soar to 40 degC.

It's always good to be home once again, at least I don't have to worry about 黑心食品 in China. Also enjoy the morning roadside market near my home

Was there this about an hour ago to buy breakfast

U-char-kuay man

The soya bean milk man

Bought a packet of porridge from this lady

She also sells something like our pig spare parts soup

Bought 4 boxes of pig leg rice for security guards from this stall

Beside the pig leg rice shop is this catfish bbq stall

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Itu ikan bakar sedap tak, Joe ?:confused:

I'm no idea because I don't like to eat cat fish or any fresh water fish. But you see so many buying it's like they buy a fish and a small packet of sticky rice and that's their meal.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thailand's tourist industry I believe had gone to the dogs -

- Monday flying from Shanghai to Bangkok aircraft changed from 747 to a smaller airbus still it's like only 1/2 filled
- this morning checkin in Suvarnabhumbi airport looks like a ghost town
- checkin no queue at all it's free for all the counters
- security bags checking also few people
- immigration as most who had travelled to Bangkok know here is a zig zag one line queue system, all the guides removed and free for all any counter will do many counters immigration waiting
- duty free business also not good la
- my flight back to Sibgapore? Less than 1/4 filled really pity TG, checkin lady already told me there are about 225 seats empty.

anyway why should I pity TG as they also openly support the mob, fuck them and serve them right.

oh I now in MRT also quite empty

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- Monday flying from Shanghai to Bangkok aircraft changed from 747 to a smaller airbus still it's like only 1/2 filled
- my flight back to Sibgapore? Less than 1/4 filled really pity TG, checkin lady already told me there are about 225 seats empty.
Bad times, seems sorry sight at Swampy. 30 flights to Bangers cancelled. Cut down (SQ 2X over past month). Mine early next month on SQ at 1845 kena cancelled too, had to unscramble.

http://www.focus-fen.net/news/0000/00/00/323506/

Saw news that tourists diverting elsewhere outside Bangers, like Chiangmai. Hear bad business in agg bars in Nana, SC too :p

Welcum home :biggrin:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Simple dinner at Xin Yuan Ji in Bugis as its close to the hotel

Fish head curry - not the best I've eaten but I have to say its good.

Prawn paste chicken wings - this is really delivious and juicy

Sliced deep fired fish been hoon soup

This sambal blacan is solid, a must order item like the cicken wings

The bill is

Can find the address in the bill

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

- security bags checking also few people
- immigration as most who had travelled to Bangkok know here is a zig zag one line queue system, all the guides removed and free for all any counter will do many counters immigration waiting
- duty free business also not good la

anyway why should I pity TG as they also openly support the mob, fuck them and serve them right.

oh I now in MRT also quite empty

Normally avoid BKK during the peak season because of the crowds & higher hotel costs. I'm tempted to go for a quick & cheap holiday to LOS

What do you think the chances of trouble in places like Bkk, Pattaya, & Chiangmai :confused:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Normally avoid BKK during the peak season because of the crowds & higher hotel costs. I'm tempted to go for a quick & cheap holiday to LOS

What do you think the chances of trouble in places like Bkk, Pattaya, & Chiangmai :confused:

elections this sunday. Some election places got blockaded so they retaliate so there are fights. So far only heard of fights and incidents in bkk and some southern areas.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

First if all the date of your travel is important. If you're not traveling now or this weekend then I'll say you wait till Tuesday to make decision.

If you must travel now then I can assure you that Pattaya and Chiangmai and Phuket will be fine, avoid Bangkok not because it's unsafe avoid because young face disruptions in your plans. Targets are not foreigners however you'll never know what these fucking southerners are capable of just look at their mad faces you'll know what I mean.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Half of hawker centre's stalls closed

So queue at prata stall extra long

Queue see them prepare also mouth water

Finally

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Among the tallest skyscrapers in Asia, Shanghai still has some old alley housing (上海弄堂) which is very typical of Shanghai. Its becoming less and less given way to progress. I took 3 videos at 3 different places and combined into a single video. I hope yo can see them and enjoy how old Shanghai is.

[video=youtube;V0Q3OYaScbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Q3OYaScbI[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So lucky 1st day CNY still got meepok to eat at Bugis

next door bak kut teh and indian coffeeshop also opened