• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another old hero, Chin Peng, going to up lorry soon

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exiled former Malaysian communist leader in coma in Thailand; relatives fear he’s dying

By Associated Press, Published: October 1
<article>
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Malaysia’s most well-known former communist guerrilla, who has lived in exile for five decades after leading a bloody insurgency against British rule, is in a coma at a Thai hospital, a person close to his family said Saturday.

Relatives of 86-year-old Chin Peng have been visiting him in Bangkok since he was hospitalized last month, the person said on condition of anonymity because he was not at liberty to comment on behalf of the family.

</article>
<article>They fear “he is on his deathbed,” the person told The Associated Press.

Chin Peng, an ethnic Chinese whose real name is Ong Boon Hua, lost a legal struggle in recent years to be allowed back into Malaysia. Government leaders insist his return would upset many Malaysians who lost their loved ones during the communist insurgency.

Chin Peng first gained public attention during World War II, when he and other guerrillas provided the bulk of resistance to the Japanese occupation after Allied troops were swept from the Malayan peninsula and Singapore.

After the war, the communists mounted a nationalist fight against colonial rule in the country then known as Malaya. Leading a 10,000-strong force, Chin Peng faced some 70,000 British, Australian, New Zealand, Fijian, Gurkha and other British Commonwealth troops in the jungles between 1948 and 1957, when Malaya was granted independence.

Some 10,000 people are believed to have been killed during the period known as the Emergency, the bloodiest time in the country’s modern history.

After independence, Chin Peng continued to fight the Malaysian government. But with the dragnet closing in on his jungle hide-outs and his Marxist-Leninist campaign losing steam, he fled to China in 1960. From there, he went to southern Thailand with hundreds of fighters loyal to him.

Malaysia signed a peace treaty in 1989 with the insurgents, but persistent suspicion among authorities about communist ideologies prevented Chin Peng from ever coming back.

Chin Peng began a court battle in 2005 to force the government to allow him back into Malaysia. The country’s top court eventually ruled he cannot return unless he first produces birth and citizen certificates, which his lawyers say were lost after being seized by British authorities in the 1940s.

If Chin Peng dies, his family hopes the government will let them bring his body back for a funeral in his northern Malaysian hometown, where his parents are also buried, the person close to his relatives said.

In 2008, the Brussels-based International Association of Democratic Lawyers urged Malaysia to allow Chin Peng to return home, saying he was being denied the right on “very technical grounds.”

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

</article>

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What fucking hero? There are sons and daughters that followed him into the jungles and got executed by their own organisation and not by the authorities. The paranoid purges on the basis of perceived infiltration resulted in hundreds executed after show trials and confessions. This dragged on for years. Still no answer. All the while his kids prospering in KL and now professional earning good money.

The family is also a bunch of thugs. He was not denied re-entry because of passports or citizenship certs. They do not want him because the nation will not accept for the blood that was spilled and the fact that this fucking foggies are still operating the Northern Politburo which continues to rule over the lot. The govt has been clear why he is not welcome back. Fucking prick even during the negotiations talking as though he was in a position of strength.

CC Chin, the respected author and an authority on this and the Plen in order to set the record straight approached the Politburo for access to archives and to members for interviews. They were refused and refused again after appeal. In the meantime, Chin Peng writes his one-sided story and reveals little. ISD has never opened up their archives despite appeals as well. If you read in his book, he was obviously churning out stuff that was published and in the open and just gave his view.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What fucking hero?

I regard anyone who's led an armed jungle resistance against the Japanese and then the colonial imperialists a nationalist hero. The malayan federation
was not only due to cigar room talks between the brits, hotshot lawyers and native royalty.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not when they start slaughtering rubber tappers in their small holding so that food and provisions can be made. The idea was to frighten the rest. I am not talking about Indian rubber tappers working for big estates. They had protection from armed guards. These were chinese who saved up and bought up land and ran their own small show.

Do read up. Slit the tummies of pregnant ladies is no fun but a powerful message not to help the Malaysian economy. Not propaganda. Locals working for utility companies killed as they fixed along major pipelines. Malaysia had already gained independence.

Why you think the citizens were dead scared of the communist. What do you think Stalin and Mao were doing? What you think North Korea is starving?
You might as well regard Mona the Lido Palace Mamasan as National Hero. I think she brought more joy to more people than any of the communist arseholes who slaughtered wantonly for a misplaced cause.

Here is how you work this equation. PAP is bad, old man is bad, communism is bad. Just because PAP hated the communists, it does not equate to the communist being good. The british were handing over the countries to the local. But they were not prepared to hand it to any politburo. They wanted free and fair elections.

Did you know they assassinated a 14 year old boy from a Chinese school for speaking against them near Orchard Road. And it was carried out by Adults with arms. National hero my arse. Why they did? They felt that the rest of the students will fall in line and they were right.

Bro, of all people I should not be telling you all this.

I regard anyone who's led an armed jungle resistance against the Japanese and then the colonial imperialists a nationalist hero. The malayan federation
was not only due to cigar room talks between the brits, hotshot lawyers and native royalty.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not believe that CP is a hero, he is a communist which have caused alot of problems for Singapore and Malaysia. Furthermore, he gave LKY what was needed to control Singapore and look at the state of Singapore now. Guess the 60% agrees with that anyway

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chin was a truly Machiavellian, mass-murdering Sicko. Just like his Sponsors in Moscow and Beijing. Don't know how Lee and Tunku Abdul Rahman managed to outwit Chin, the Plen, and Mao. If they hadn't, our daughters will probably have to go overseas to work as Prostitutes. Just like all the East Bloc girlies.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is how you work this equation. PAP is bad, old man is bad, communism is bad. Just because PAP hated the communists, it does not equate to the communist being good.

Chill man.. This is definitely not my line of reasoning. Read carefully. I wrote 'nationalist hero'. PAP was also a nationalist force back in its day. But today there are idiots who openly hail LKY the "Nelson Mendala of Singapore" without knowing the underbelly of our history.

To say the 12 year Emergency has no effect on Malayan's independence is a bit of a stretch. Remember these people gave up a normal city dwelling life to fight against oppression and imperialism. They were always outnumbered, starved but never gave up their cause.

And yeah.. I have read enough comics and watched enough movies to know armed struggles involve innocent blood spill. Guerrilla warfare is many times like banditry. And terrorism.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they took to the jungle, the British had already signaled independence and had already granted the India and were going down the list in Africa and Asia.

They spent 12 years creating fear and mayhem amongst citizens. They were not taking on the army except for an occasional foray. The assassination of Henry Guerney was also fluke. They did know who they were targeting. In military terms it was an entire failure. When the leaders when to Beijing, they were put in apartments but little or no interaction took place with the PRC Govt. Thats how important how they were treated by their sponsors.

It like saying that Harbans Singh is a great opposition hero because he took part in many elections and the first to have a shadow cabinet. Every thing is true except the national hero.

Don't be surprised someone will claim in another forum in 10 years time that he is a National Hero because they too are too detached from hsitory.

Chill man.. This is definitely not my line of reasoning. Read carefully. I wrote 'nationalist hero'. PAP was also a nationalist force back in its day. But today there are idiots who openly hail LKY the "Nelson Mendala of Singapore" without knowing the underbelly of our history.

To say the 12 year Emergency has no effect on Malayan's independence is a bit of a stretch. Remember these people gave up a normal city dwelling life to fight against oppression and imperialism. They were always outnumbered, starved but never gave up their cause.

And yeah.. I have read enough comics and watched enough movies to know armed struggles involve innocent blood spill. Guerrilla warfare is many times like banditry. And terrorism.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, CP not a hero. If he is, it's like saying so is Stalin, for stopping Hitler. Even tho Stalin killed many more than hitler and gave us Communism for eight decades..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one of my distant uncles was murdered by his commie thugs in malaya. he was an innocent civilian driving his truck on his usual route when he was ambushed. my aunt remains a single widow and mother to her kids all her life. raised them all and is now a great grandma. she will never discuss his death, but we all know. this is personal, and if i ever get my hands around his neck, will gouge his eyeballs out, bury him alive and let him think of all the lives he messed up while dirt get into his lungs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a long queue waiting to do that. At the front are the relatives of those who joined him in the jungle and lost their lives to their own colleagues because some of them could not take on the authorities and decided on a witchhunt for imaginary spies. I can understand a few spies. But they decimated many by having them executed. The purges emerged on later and it happened in every camp. Naturally the younger ones were paid the price.

one of my distant uncles was murdered by his commie thugs in malaya. he was an innocent civilian driving his truck on his usual route when he was ambushed. my aunt remains a single widow and mother to her kids all her life. raised them all and is now a great grandma. she will never discuss his death, but we all know. this is personal, and if i ever get my hands around his neck, will gouge his eyeballs out, bury him alive and let him think of all the lives he messed up while dirt get into his lungs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get the impression that we tend to confuse exceptional traits with heroism. There is no doubt that he was an exceptional individual and he played a major in the history of both countries. He will forever be etched in countries history for posterity. Imagine at that tender age he held power and influence. He however was no hero and certainly not a nationalist. In fact he was a poor military leader.

Agree, CP not a hero. If he is, it's like saying so is Stalin, for stopping Hitler. Even tho Stalin killed many more than hitler and gave us Communism for eight decades..

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not when they start slaughtering rubber tappers in their small holding so that food and provisions can be made. The idea was to frighten the rest. I am not talking about Indian rubber tappers working for big estates. They had protection from armed guards. These were chinese who saved up and bought up land and ran their own small show.

Do read up. Slit the tummies of pregnant ladies is no fun but a powerful message not to help the Malaysian economy. Not propaganda. Locals working for utility companies killed as they fixed along major pipelines. Malaysia had already gained independence.

Why you think the citizens were dead scared of the communist. What do you think Stalin and Mao were doing? What you think North Korea is starving?
You might as well regard Mona the Lido Palace Mamasan as National Hero. I think she brought more joy to more people than any of the communist arseholes who slaughtered wantonly for a misplaced cause.

Here is how you work this equation. PAP is bad, old man is bad, communism is bad. Just because PAP hated the communists, it does not equate to the communist being good. The british were handing over the countries to the local. But they were not prepared to hand it to any politburo. They wanted free and fair elections.

Did you know they assassinated a 14 year old boy from a Chinese school for speaking against them near Orchard Road. And it was carried out by Adults with arms. National hero my arse. Why they did? They felt that the rest of the students will fall in line and they were right.

Bro, of all people I should not be telling you all this.

During the Vietnam War, US Marines came across a pile of children's arms in a Vietnamese hamlet. The Vietcong lopped these off all the children in the hamlet for what was perceived to be anti-communist activities by the villagers.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a long queue waiting to do that. At the front are the relatives of those who joined him in the jungle and lost their lives to their own colleagues because some of them could not take on the authorities and decided on a witchhunt for imaginary spies. I can understand a few spies. But they decimated many by having them executed. The purges emerged on later and it happened in every camp. Naturally the younger ones were paid the price.

between the devil hua and deep blue sea harry, at least harry would not purge by murder and execution (he draws a line between detention and death). cp ob hua is a tin pot pol pot who would murder his own kind to appease unfounded paranoia. psychopathic maniac is what he will be remembered by.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his memoirs he conveniently claimed that he was in Beijing and did not know what was going on. What a leader?

between the devil hua and deep blue sea harry, at least harry would not purge by murder and execution (he draws a line between detention and death). cp ob hua is a tin pot pol pot who would murder his own kind to appease unfounded paranoia. psychopathic maniac is what he will be remembered by.

Last edited:

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do read up. Slit the tummies of pregnant ladies is no fun but a powerful message not to help the Malaysian economy.

If Chin Peng don't slit, the Japanese will slit. So Chin Peng played a part in defeating the Japanese which is why the British awarded him an OBE.

But when Chin Peng starts slitting, that's when he became a villian and the OBE was withdrawn. Chin Peng is nothing but a bandit and monster.

And a whim too, because others like Kim Philby, Don Maclean, Guy Burgess etc all happily took up the communist cause and happily die in the Soviet Union while Chin Peng take up communism and yet die die want to return to Malaysia.

Ps. Chin Peng miss the char kway teow, laksa, nasi lemak, that's why he wants to return. :smile:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee and tunku did not outwit anyone. It was just that the Singapore and Malaysia economies grew, people got richer and communism went away. Global economy was growing and with more cars = more rubber and with more trade = more shipping.

Communist idealogy work only in societies where there is a huge difference between rich and poor. And even then, we are talking about poor having no way or hope of improving their lot.

Those Chinese eking out a modest living from the small plantations are likely millionaires today having sold their plots for redevelopment or having converted them to palm oil plantations.

No idea what prices are like now but couple years back you could net RM$6000 per acre per year. So that modest 50 acre rubber plot could be generating a RM$300K a year annuity!

Chin was a truly Machiavellian, mass-murdering Sicko. Just like his Sponsors in Moscow and Beijing. Don't know how Lee and Tunku Abdul Rahman managed to outwit Chin, the Plen, and Mao. If they hadn't, our daughters will probably have to go overseas to work as Prostitutes. Just like all the East Bloc girlies.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is something that I could not understand with the communists. The idea was to create fear to such a scale that no one dare do anything. Another trait with the communists is regular purges. The Russians and Chinese were big in this. And the Malaysians followed.

During the Vietnam War, US Marines came across a pile of children's arms in a Vietnamese hamlet. The Vietcong lopped these off all the children in the hamlet for what was perceived to be anti-communist activities by the villagers.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah yes, our Dearest Harry. No murder and execution for him. Like a true blue English Gentleman, huh? ;-)

But it is true, these communists, they are the most cowardly murderers you can ever hope to meet. One of the Japanese Occupation civil service administrators, I think his name was Shinozaki, he mentioned in his memoirs that when the Japanese set up Tapioca Farms in Johor State to feed Singapore, the CCP terrorists would come in at night to assassinate the Singapore Civilians assigned to tend the farms, leaving all the Japanese sentries totally unharmed and unmolested. Must be the height of cowardice and treachery, these CCP bastards.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lau eh... a simple tribute turned into a discussion about blood debts.

To the forummers who have relatives killed by insurgents, I have to remind you that it was just war. My family clan in china was almost wiped out by war. One assassinated by local warlord in the university he was teaching in, 1 was dragged out of his room in the middle of the night and executed by the KMT, and 1 died fleeing HK when the japs came. My point is, during those turbulent times, life was cheap. That's why we should never take peace for granted. And I have to say that I've heard more stories of people's relatives being killed by the japanese than the MCP.

To Charlie258, it would be naive to wholly believe a japanese invader's account of things. Collaborators came in many shapes or forms. If you have a chance to speak to old timers, you will get an idea of how fickle chinese loyalty is. Some jap soldiers were speaking hokkien or hainanese. At least one interpreter is hakka.

And again to those old folks with failing eyesight, please note the spelling difference between "national" and "nationalist". I am not Yap kheng hoe.

And Chin Peng is not Harban Singh.