• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian Police Marks & Chains Foreign Night Club Hostesses In Vice Raid

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
X-marks and chains for suspects rile rights groups
Joseph Sipalan
Jun 3,2011

A recent vice raid in Penang sparked another bout of controversy over police conduct as civil society groups decry the way 30 foreign women were chained up and marked with pens after they were detained for alleged prostitution.

In the raid conducted at a high-class nightclub at a shopping mall in Pulau Tikus last night, eight local men and 30 foreign women - 29 Chinese and one from Vietnam - were arrested by a team of 19 police officers from Bukit Aman.

According to the Chinese language media, the raid was carried out after the officers spent a week going undercover at the club, which is believed to be well-known among locals.

Chinese newspapers however splashed photos of the detained women, showing them chained up in a group and with various markings on their bodies, including an X mark on the forehead of one of those detained.

In previous raids, Penang police normally put an identification mark on the hand of those detained, but the raid last night was conducted by federal police from Bukit Aman.

Bar Council Human Rights Committee chairperson Andrew Khoo slammed the police for abusing their standard operating procedures (SOP) and at the same time committing a gross violation of human rights.

He said the police's actions are in clear violation of the rights of arrested persons, and will only alienate the public further.

“You do not physically mark them ... you can detain them but you cannot mark them,” he said when contacted.

Tenaganita director Irene Fernandez was equally shocked when told of the pictures of the women being chained and marked, stressing that it is unfair to immediately assume that they were guilty of anything.

'Victimising the victims'

“I doubt this is standard procedure and if it is, the police must reveal that (it is). There must be an investigation into this to find out why the police acted as such.

“They may very well be victims of human trafficking... here you have a situation where they are victimising the victims,” she said.

Lawyers for Liberty's Faidah Nadwa Fikri branded the chaining and marking of the women as “very unusual and inhumane”, stressing that the women are merely suspects and have not even been convicted of any crime.

She pointed out however that this is a symptom of a systemic disdain for humanitarian issues in Malaysian society, where the mere act of getting arrested would put a person in a bad light.

“This is a cultural problem, and a problem of (not) understanding what exactly is rule of law.

“I see when people are arrested and brought into court, some are not even wearing slippers... this reflects how we treat people,” she said.

Irene took a similar line, but focussed on the need to stamp out the deeply-ingrained perception that women are the cause of vice.

“We have to address how morality is used to judge women... the system is fundamentally wrong,” she said, adding that Tenaganita will follow-up on this issue.

System needed to 'police the police'

Khoo said the Enforcement Agencies Integrity Commission (EAIC) - set up to replace the proposed Independent Police Complaints and Misconduct Commission (IPCMC) - is ill-equipped to manage the countless claims of police abuse.

He noted that this leaves the public no choice but to continue to lodge their complaints directly with the police themselves, with little indication of a solution to the issue.

“But the complaints must keep coming because only by the loudness of the complaints can this issue be heard.”

Khoo added that the authorities must have a systematic way of dealing with police abuse, which he said make up the bulk of complaints against enforcement agencies, while at the same time increasing human rights sensitivity training for the men in blue.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
4faefae71671c5502404d8c495500085.jpg

304416f686079dfcdd5f9c762404ce4d.jpg

075a02d193208dc709a63e1a85415f52.jpg

966759ec09944f961397b0e452507004.jpg

ead51310949a17264b976556f51843f7.jpg

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same in SG!

Singapore Police & Prison service also place sticker on prisoners usually masking tapes with markers. In Changi prison's admission some times mark directly on back of your palms before they tag you. Tag is the permanent plastic ring with ID & Bar Code more rigid than those used by SGH & KKH & NUH & TTSH & CGH & IMH on patients.:eek::wink::rolleyes:

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teresa slams cops’ ‘cattle’ branding of women detainees

By Boo Su-Lyn
June 03, 2011

teresa-kok-march6.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR, June 3 — Seputeh MP Teresa Kok lambasted the police today for reportedly marking the body parts of women held in a Penang vice raid last night.

Photographs published by Chinese daily China Press yesterday revealed X and tick marks on women’s foreheads and chests.

“In doing so, the police branded the detained women as though they were cattle,” said Kok (picture) in a statement today.

“How depraved, dehumanising and derogatory to women,” she added. Kok, who is also a senior Selangor state executive councillor, called such “dehumanising” tactics “sickening”.

She urged Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar to explain his officers’ actions and to reveal the police standard operating procedure for vice raids.

“In addition, the IGP should send all the police officers involved in the raid concerned for human rights and gender sensitivity training to ensure that this dark blotch on the PDRM (Polis DiRaja Malaysia) record is not repeated,” said Kok.

The police was embroiled in a scandal in 2005 where a Malaysian woman was forced to perform nude squats in police custody.

Last edited:

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ayub told Malaysiakini that last night's raid was a normal procedure, often involving a team from Bukit Aman who work hand-in-hand with the local police.

Penang chief police officer Ayub Yaakob has defended the conduct of his force while carrying out a controversial vice raid of foreign women in Penang, who were chained and marked with pens after detention for alleged prostitution.

According to Ayub, certain raids were beyond the expertise of the Penang force as it was "technical in nature", and was difficult for the local police to infiltrate as their identities may be known by those being probed.

He added that secret raids by Bukit Aman police were usually carried out in highly protected places owned by 'unidentified key players' to ensure that the operation was not compromised before it happened.

On the chaining and marking of the women, Ayub said it was usually done to identify the individuals who were detained as many would be rounded-up during a raid.

He said the operation was an ongoing exercise, and that the police usually acted after receiving a deluge of complaints from the public.

Calls from wives spark police probe

Ayub added that this was not the kind of crime that the force would usually focus on, but it had to act after numerous complaints were lodged with the police.

The complaints to police came mostly from the wives of those who patronise such entertainment outlets.

"The wives usually make the calls to us at 3 or 4am when they can no longer take it that their husbands are wasting so much time and money in places like these and neglecting them and their children," Ayub said.

"If we do not act on these complaints, we would be perceived as being in cahoots with the owners of the vice dens," he stressed, explaining the police force's dilemma in such situations.

During the raid at a high-class nightclub in Pulau Tikus last night, eight locals and 30 foreign women - 29 Chinese and one from Vietnam - were nabbed by a team of 19 police officers from Bukit Aman.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng remembers those pigs during kampong days for slaughter kana imprinted with hot iron marks on their butts.:biggrin:

Last edited:

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng remembers those pigs during kampong days for slaughter kana imprinted with hot iron marks on their butts.:biggrin:

In Singapore ? are you sure ? I came from a family of pig farmers, in our case the marking is done with red paint ...........

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least these ladies were fully clothed, in Indonesia, the police will drag prostitutes out fully naked....

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the big deal? I don't understand... These girls suck cock, twirl tongue around your asshole etc... So marking them with a marker pen is derogatory? ::scratch head::

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore ? are you sure ? I came from a family of pig farmers, in our case the marking is done with red paint ...........

lianbeng says, "last time i lived with my ahma in changi end kampong mah - 7 morning 8 morning those pigs always make lots of noise (no need alarm clock one) coz those uncles used charcoal tongs heated in fire and pressed onto their karchng.":biggrin:

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng says, "last time i lived with my ahma in changi end kampong mah - 7 morning 8 morning those pigs always make lots of noise (no need alarm clock one) coz those uncles used charcoal tongs heated in fire and pressed onto their karchng.":biggrin:

Well.... pigs sleep all day... all the time.. unless someone passes by, then all wake up thinking its time to makan:smile:..
That is my experience anyway, cheers..

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well.... pigs sleep all day... all the time.. unless someone passes by, then all wake up thinking its time to makan:smile:..
That is my experience anyway, cheers..

lianbeng remembers every time got charbor passed by they got very excited - no wonder call tiko lor. :biggrin:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You noticed its the locals who are making noises and not the detained PRC's/Vietnamese or their embassies.

The reason is simple-the police is even more brutal in PRC/Viet and suspected prostitutes are often dragged out naked and paraded in nude and beaten.

Those Penangnites who complain should all migrate to Singapore and joined their fellow islander Khaw BW and Irene Ng.
They will be given better treatment than locals with jobs and places in schools reserved for foreign talent.
60% of Singapore will be there to serve them as first class people -including guarding their places, cleaning their floors.

There are also many places selling Penang laksa and char kway teow so they will not feel homesick.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What's the big deal? I don't understand... These girls suck cock, twirl tongue around your asshole etc... So marking them with a marker pen is derogatory? ::scratch head::

yes...since they are " chicken " must use those farm way to handle them ....no big deal .

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
wey, dun be so sarcastic ley... My point is the girls are not complaining. Its the local residents that are complaining. And i don't believe that the welfare of the girls were the primary concern of the parties lor.

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think anyone should be surprised, this is the Malaysian police we're talking about...
However, marking the girls and wrapping them in chains is wrong.. period..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wey, dun be so sarcastic ley... My point is the girls are not complaining. Its the local residents that are complaining. And i don't believe that the welfare of the girls were the primary concern of the parties lor.

dude..you dont need to feel sorry for them either , im sure they know the outcome of turning into a "chicken "...you cant have the best of both world . we must let those china woman know that if they want to be " chicken " in another country ..they must prepared to be treated like one ....