• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another book banned in Spore: Escape From Paradise

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember i borrowed this book from jurong east library in 2001. i just made a search on nlb's database and found that it says the item is not for loan.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huh...read it in libray, you doing research???

I've visited the community libraries & you can loan out ALL book, CDs, VCDs.

If they've got restrictions on this book curious to know if it's only available at the main library where they have restricted reference:confused:

I've only done a quick browse of the book at the store & if it's available even as reference material I might take another look:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are u johny hardy johnny333?

Pls for god's sake this book has been out for so long and has been mentioned before. What's the pt of talking about it now again when there were so many discussions on it already.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are u johny hardy johnny333?

Pls for god's sake this book has been out for so long and has been mentioned before. What's the pt of talking about it now again when there were so many discussions on it already.

It might be an old book to you & others, but don't forget that many are not that familiar with this story e.g. new forummers or forummers who've ignored such threads in the past.

Myself I've only done a quick browse of the book at the store years ago but haven't really read the book. The web site has more current info that has piqued my interest.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i just went thru the site again, as a boy when i was younger, i was always fascinated by haw par brothers who gave money to build haw par villa. i went there when i was a kid, very happy memories. to show my support for them, i always have a bottle of tiger balm oil with me.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am surprised "animal farm" by George Orwell is not banned because the Pigs in the story is meant to refer to PAP.

Last edited:

japarmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's who I am - John Harding. Don't want to put up my passport, but here is something more interesting - Singapore's license to bring in my gun!

SingaporeGunLicensewoAG.jpg

you mean that you are john harding? please excuse me but i dun quite believe what you say:p

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like john is here again to promote his book and website.

You did your job john, yeo and his wife are down in the dumps.

japarmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Yes, Yeo and his wife are down in the dumps. Even so, I will continue to stomp on them hard. Let them continue to feel the pain, which started way back in 2002 and shall continue...

Sounds like john is here again to promote his book and website.

You did your job john, yeo and his wife are down in the dumps.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[ does not "air the dirty laundry of Singapore's elite." That is not what the book is about. It is also not about Helen Yeo, who was barely mention in passing.

The characters in Escape From Paradise are not about "lesser mortals" :smile:
If it were there wouldn't be so much interest in the book.