• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Emigration to New Zeland

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
which would be a good city in nz to live in?

is the degree of racism in nz as bad as that in certain sectors in australia?

i met a couple of new zealanders...they seemed cheerful, relaxed, not taken to offence easily

is that your experience too?

Andox

Alfrescian
Loyal
which would be a good city in nz to live in?

is the degree of racism in nz as bad as that in certain sectors in australia?

i met a couple of new zealanders...they seemed cheerful, relaxed, not taken to offence easily

is that your experience too?

Auckland is the biggest city in NZ and the has attracted tons of Asians all over. Somehow in auckland, you kinda meet more asians than Kiwis!:biggrin: Auckland to me is a good place in NZ.

Recently there was a protest oragnized in Auckland to protest crimes against asians due to the recent spate of crimes involving asian victimes. Guess what, the organiser is a former singaporean who migrated there 21 yrs ago.......

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Auckland is the biggest city in NZ and the has attracted tons of Asians all over. Somehow in auckland, you kinda meet more asians than Kiwis!:biggrin: Auckland to me is a good place in NZ.

If there are loads of Asians in Auckland, then I would avoid the city like a plague.:eek:

Asians spoil all the neighborhoods they move into with their disgusting behaviour. :mad:

DiGeorge

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wellington is also another option, quiet and beautiful but not so much of nightlife. Auckland is not recommended.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
new zealand is an excellent choice for migration today. or canada. unlike australia where people are stressed out and cant afford the cost of living.

Thousands of New Zealanders cross the Tasman every week to settle permanently in Australia.

They do so because the long term prospects in Australia are so much better compared to NZ.

NZ is far too small to be able to develop a vibrant economy. It's something of a backwater.. ok for retirees (if they don't mind the awful weather) or someone who just wants a holiday home but not for someone who wants to build wealth.

Bigone65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Emigration to New Zealand

It's something of a backwater.. ok for retirees (if they don't mind the awful weather) or someone who just wants a holiday home but not for someone who wants to build wealth.

I have to agree with you on this. If I am going as a retiree, basically, I will be deemed to have enough dough to survive on my own without having the need to find a job, so ultimately, they will not view us a a "threat" (trying to snatch their rice bowl). However, if we are going there as a working emigrant, then some of them will have a different attitude towards us. In short - they welcome people who go there to spend money but not people who go there looking for money.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thousands of New Zealanders cross the Tasman every week to settle permanently in Australia.

They do so because the long term prospects in Australia are so much better compared to NZ.

NZ is far too small to be able to develop a vibrant economy. It's something of a backwater.. ok for retirees (if they don't mind the awful weather) or someone who just wants a holiday home but not for someone who wants to build wealth.

I wonder if any Singaporeans settle in the South Island.

Burnt out Aussies who want a seachange will move across the Tasman.

It will be pretty nice to stay there long term if I can stand the cold ... and as long as there is a hardware store for my DIY needs, an Asian grocery store, cricket and fresh air.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a Singapore Club in Christchurch (South Island) and last I heard, there were about 100+ Singaporean families living in Christchurch. The numbers are gradually increasing year by year.

As for the cold, getting a well insulated home and good winter wear would definitely take care of the cold season. But one would eventually acclimatise to the 'cold' and shorter sunlight hours of Winter.

Your DIY needs are surely taken care of with the many large stores like Mitre 10, Bunnings, Placemakers etc. Asian Grocery Warehouse Stores are mushrooming all over Christchurch as well as many Asian take aways/dine ins too.

Cricket, Rugby and Netball are the National Pastime sports of NZ.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL or Mexico, Eastern Europe, Africa, Russia.

Asians aren't the only ones spoiling new neighbourhoods. The fundamental Islamists or Africans are much worse. Islamists even want to overthrow the governments that kindly let them stay. Africans always try not to pay for their meals.

Consider Argentina then. There are fewer Asians there..

lsalsa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does everyone here on the member forums hate Singapore to the core? I was wondering. Well NZ is the best place to live in and the pace of life is slower. It is really true indeed. Very nice country with nice people. Peaceful and serenity.

But rest assured you all guys won't regret leaving Singapore to get a PR in another country. But to live in Singapre, everyone must be damn rich to be able to stay here. Actually Singapore is a great country with no natural resource. That is how most countries came to wonder "HOW THE FUCK SINGAPORE RAISE TO ECONOMIC POWERHOUSE?".

That is why so many countries and PM of different countries admire Singapore standard.

Well that is just my views. Maybe your opinion might differ. Till then have a nice adventure. But the problem is NZ pr requirement might be abit strict. :p

Dunga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure it is so easy to migrate to NZ without contributing to the economy or investing in the country? :rolleyes: