• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Police came to stop two quarreling aunties on bus

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police called for bus dispute
Lianhe Wanbao - 1 hr 22 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">Ms Liu (1st on left) describes to police officers what happened.</cite>
The police was called to investigate a bus dispute this morning.

The dispute was a result of a civic-minded passenger stopping the auntie from eating on the bus.

The incident happened at 7.40am today on bus number 70 as it was travelling on Fernvale Road towards Shenton Way.

An auntie in her 40s seated at the back of the bus had taken out some bread from her bag and was about to eat them when Ms Liu (36, banking industry) stopped her.

Ms Liu's civic consciousness however, was rudely rebuked by the offending auntie.

Ms Liu told reporters, "I saw that she was going to eat some bread so I pointed out the 'No eating on the bus' sign to her and told her that she shouldn't be eating. She reacted by scolding me loudly!"

Undeterred, Ms Liu took out her phone and snapped photos of the auntie eating.

"She snatched my phone and demanded that I delete the photos! I refused and told her that she has no right to do so," said Ms Liu.

The woman then went to the front of the bus and asked the bus driver to call the police.

Thinking that a serious incident had occurred in the bus, the bus driver called the police, stopped the bus at the road side and got all the passengers to alight.

Ms Liu said, "I was going to leave but the woman stopped me and demanded that I stay and wait for the police."

When the other passengers realised that the woman intends to accuse Ms Liu of causing the commotion, several came forward and offered to be witnesses to defend Ms Liu.

While waiting for the police to arrive, the unreasonable woman seemed to change her mind. She admitted her fault and apologised to Ms Liu, then attempted to leave.

By this time however, Ms Liu was not letting the woman off easily. She decided to wait for the police to report the woman for eating on the bus.

Eating on public transport is considered an offence in Singapore and carries a $500 fine.

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 27 October 2011.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bus drivers of the past nowadays upgraded to Captain. Should be more empowered. Need not waste police resources over this simple matter. Bus captain could have asked offender for her particulars and report her thereafter. What a country we live in !

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i notice most of the offenders are women. everyday sure can see a woman drink and eat in public transport, be it bus or mrt.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bus drivers of the past nowadays upgraded to Captain. Should be more empowered. Need not waste police resources over this simple matter. Bus captain could have asked offender for her particulars and report her thereafter. What a country we live in !

They need further upgrade to Colonel.

KopiJoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Liu back view looks elegant and classy..Also carries what I think a Chanel bag but I cannot reconcile why she is taking public bus..If I can see her face and she is good enough I can ferry her to work everyday

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ms Liu back view looks elegant and classy..Also carries what I think a Chanel bag but I cannot reconcile why she is taking public bus..If I can see her face and she is good enough I can ferry her to work everyday

The auntie looks not bad too :biggrin: In fact Ms Liu is 36 while the auntie is stated in her 40s, both should be classfied as auntie leh :biggrin:

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done Singapore! Stand up for SG! Count on me SG! We are SINKapore! We are SINKapore!

Uniquely SG!

Call mata for aunty makan roti in bus!

hello police emergency 999.

Yes one aunty eating in bus and scold me when I told he can not eat.

Huh? WAF? :eek:

Yeah come and arrest this lawless aunty ASAP before she swim to JB!

Orh! OK let me check the book for law 1st hor, 1 min!

HURRY!

OK! There is public transport makan law, I will dispatch 999 mata-chia at once. BTW you want Ang-Chia or not?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SBS Bus driver's ranking:

For drivers with 1 - 4 years service = Rank Captain

4 - 8 years = Major

8 - 12 years = Lieutenant Colonel

12 - 16 years = Colonel

16 - 20 years = Brigadier General

20 - 24 years = Major General

24 - 28 years = Lieutenant General

28 - 32 years = General

32 years service and above = Field Marshall

einsteinsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
The auntie looks not bad too :biggrin: In fact Ms Liu is 36 while the auntie is stated in her 40s, both should be classfied as auntie leh :biggrin:

An 'aunty' is your relative. Only illiterate people like you go around calling everyone 'aunty'. You deserve a pet on the head for being such a good dog.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng also ever saw people sitting at mrt door entrance having party leh - fried bee hoon, nasi lemak, roti prata, etc...:biggrin:

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. some world-crass transport systems does not have some sop handling such incident or what.
3. no eye see man!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SBS Bus driver's ranking:

For drivers with 1 - 4 years service = Rank Captain

4 - 8 years = Major

8 - 12 years = Lieutenant Colonel

12 - 16 years = Colonel

16 - 20 years = Brigadier General

20 - 24 years = Major General

24 - 28 years = Lieutenant General

28 - 32 years = General

32 years service and above = Field Marshall

hi there

1. bro, can you add "emeritus" somewhere inbetween for those retiring sheep?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Liu should have just told the driver. End of story.

People probably were late for work over someone eating bread..What the fuck man. I would be pissed.