• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My visit to Cairns

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys:

I'm currently residing in Sydney. I would like to bring my family which includes my wife, my two children as well as my mother who is here to visit me from Singapore to Cairns in the extreme North of Queensland. I had the intention to go sometime in December but that being the peak season appears a little expensive. As such, I'm considering going sometime next year but my mother's visa expires at the end of Jan'09 and she would have to go back to Singapore when it does so it has got to be before that. Would appreciate hearing form some of the brothers here who has been there on the cost of air tickets, accomodation as well as sight seeing. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
why cairns? my experience is that north queenslanders are generally not too friendly.

hot and humid now anyway...

if i were you i would go south, tasmania sounds good.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
why cairns? my experience is that north queenslanders are generally not too friendly.

hot and humid now anyway...

if i were you i would go south, tasmania sounds good.

Thanks Bro. You're quite right. Queenslanders are to a certain extent racists against us Chinese as compared to people of other states in Oz. Never been to Tasmania before but I was told that its a nice tourist place. The Tasman forests are one of the attractions people go for. Is there any other things worth seeing there?

Thanks again.

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
fyi i'm totally biased,

but if you like nature like i do, there is this place called Cradle Mountain and Lake St Clair, i did the 3 or 4 day nature walk there a long time ago.

other than that probably nothing much that you can't do in the other states, maybe go wineries or pick fruits in orchards, but you can do that pretty much anywhere on the mainland.

people generally go there for peace and quiet and to enjoy nature. their CBD is very undeveloped, much like a suburb in our "normal" cities.

since you are going with your mother though, old people will probably not like the cold. and your family will probably miss the modern conviniences of life. so it probably might not be for you.