• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg/My] - My polis stop Sg car, ask Sg guy to 'help out a bit'; Sg guy give RM50 not enough, top up until RM200 then let him go

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

My friend went JB kanna​

Police stop his car and ask for road tax/insurance paper but he didn't put in car and say illegal to drive Singapore car in Malaysia without proper paper. Then he say can let my friend go if he 'help out abit'. My friend then push rm50 to him then he say ah bang inside the car got few of us and raya coming. Help a bit more la. In the end top up to rm200.

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/threads/my-friend-went-jb-kanna.6736021/

1650607836336.png

The officer tells you the details of your offence, and right when they’re about to write you a summons, they drop that dreaded line: “how you want to settle?”. Unless this is your first time in Malaysia, you’d recognize that as code for asking for a bribe

You don’t exactly like corrupt authorities, but you’re also worried that the officer might try something that’ll get you in deeper trouble. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, you pay the bribe. You know you’ve broken the law because bribery is a crime, yet you know the right thing to do is to report the misbehaving officer because... Malaysia Baru… right? Now you’re stuck between a harder rock and a harder place - will reporting that you paid a bribe get you in trouble for paying a bribe?

Not reporting a bribe is ALSO a crime​

Both accepting (or asking for) a bribe, and offering a bribe are crimes under the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 (MACCA).

https://asklegal.my/p/malaysia-report-own-bribe-corruption

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is common in JB lah when Hari Raya coming. Just consider u help them during this festive period. Everyone money not enough.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck the traffic police la. They got help the poor? They themselves enrich themselves everyday through bribes but I don’t see them donate to their poor countrymen.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie drivers entering JB should wear a tudung. It will effectively ward off these polis beggars. :biggrin:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
go there during Pusa month at your own peril
WONDER IF ALLAH ASKED THEM TO DEMAND BRIBE
IF NOT WATZ FUCKING RELIGION IS D?AT

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

My friend went JB kanna​

Police stop his car and ask for road tax/insurance paper but he didn't put in car and say illegal to drive Singapore car in Malaysia without proper paper. Then he say can let my friend go if he 'help out abit'. My friend then push rm50 to him then he say ah bang inside the car got few of us and raya coming. Help a bit more la. In the end top up to rm200.

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/threads/my-friend-went-jb-kanna.6736021/

View attachment 143330

The officer tells you the details of your offence, and right when they’re about to write you a summons, they drop that dreaded line: “how you want to settle?”. Unless this is your first time in Malaysia, you’d recognize that as code for asking for a bribe

You don’t exactly like corrupt authorities, but you’re also worried that the officer might try something that’ll get you in deeper trouble. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, you pay the bribe. You know you’ve broken the law because bribery is a crime, yet you know the right thing to do is to report the misbehaving officer because... Malaysia Baru… right? Now you’re stuck between a harder rock and a harder place - will reporting that you paid a bribe get you in trouble for paying a bribe?

Not reporting a bribe is ALSO a crime​

Both accepting (or asking for) a bribe, and offering a bribe are crimes under the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 (MACCA).

https://asklegal.my/p/malaysia-report-own-bribe-corruption
Bodoh. RM50 was a rate from 1980s. In 2010s the rate was already RM100 - RM200 depending on the severity of offence and the car you drive. I got stopped for driving a luxury car in 2010 at 190kmh and they wanted RM200, we settled for RM150

I was well aware the official fine could be lower, but I chose to tip my “hardworking” Mudlaysian abangs.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Which kind of fucktard doesn't put his insurance papers and road tax papers in the car. He might as well pay the bribe because the fine for driving without road tax is $3000 RM.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which kind of fucktard doesn't put his insurance papers and road tax papers in the car. He might as well pay the bribe because the fine for driving without road tax is $3000 RM.
Precisely. Always have all the papers when driving to Malaysia. Without all these documents, you're easy prey for the Matland cops.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go complain to jb top cop.
In his statement he says the cops are there to protect everyone, sinkies, jb citizens from crime like pick pockets etc.