• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YPAP Nick Lazarus: Why the need for Opposition when PAP listens!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd normally debate the issue rather than take issue with the person debating. I allow myself an exception with Nicholas Lazarus. Wasn't Nicholas Lazarus (together with Pok Vik Tor) one of the PAPzis internet force back in 1996? Wasn't he also the bright spark who warned that if Singaporeans did not vote for the PAP in big numbers (and thus show support to then PM GCT) we would face the prospect of a iron-fisted LHL taking over and punishing us? Wasn't Nicholas Lazarus then told to shut up? So has he been like his biblical namesake been ressurected from the dead?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Wednesday, 27 August 2008
The Ever Redundant Opposition

Posted by Nicholas Lazarus at 9:32 AM

This is what that clown said in 1996. He then tried to erase the post but was not successful

As the following post has been mysteriously cancelled, it is
reproduced below for the benefit of those of missed it the first time
around.

If this post is also cancelled subsequently, netters can visit Deja
News at http://www.dejanews.com and do a search on the author
law30...@leonis.nus.sg.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------

Newsgroups: soc.culture.singapore
Subject: The NO-GOH Signal
Date: 22 Nov 1996 04:34:03 GMT
Organization: National University of Singapore
Lines: 38
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: law30...@leonis.nus.sg
X-Newsreader: TIN [version 1.2 PL2]

For the PAP, this coming GE is all about signals. Everyone knows
the PAP will form the Govt.- the question is how many opposition
members will be voted in. PM Goh has emphasised time and again that
this will be the gauge he will be watching.

Although no numbers were mentioned and no specifics delved into,
I feel that it is important for the people to realise the implications
of their choice.

Deceptively convincing arguments abound that a few opposition MPs
are a good thing and that there would be no harm to the nation as a
whole. Such a presence, it is argued, would contribute to democracy
and 'liberalise' S'pore culture.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Any significant increase in opposition MPs would snuff out this
current period of 'liberalism' (caveat- I use that term in the S'pore
context).

Let me explain. A return of more than 6-8 opposition members
would be construed as a rejection of the PM's 'Best Home' vision and a

thumbs down for his performance thus far. In short, a 'No-Goh' signal.

This would almost certainly trigger a change in premiership. The
consultative style of the Goh administration would be lost, as it
probably would be replaced by th BG Lee administration.

Needless to say, this will not bode well for those pushing for a
more liberal climate here. It would also result in a turning back of
the clock in some avenues.

What started off as a push for glasnost could end us in the gulag.

Think wisely before you vote.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He also has a fetish for Russian Women!:biggrin:

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.russian/msg/017cb501078f438c?dmode=source
Newsgroups: soc.penpals
Date: 1997/05/26
Subject: Russian women
Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
Hello,
My name is Nicholas Lazarus and I am looking out for Russian women to
correspond with.
Please e-mail.
Reply Reply to author Forward

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He also has a fetish for Russian Women!:biggrin:

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.russian/msg/017cb501078f438c?dmode=source
Newsgroups: soc.penpals
Date: 1997/05/26
Subject: Russian women
Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
Hello,
My name is Nicholas Lazarus and I am looking out for Russian women to
correspond with.
Please e-mail.
Reply Reply to author Forward

:biggrin:.... sam ah sam... why dig up his fetish for the fairer sex... :biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually it is very important for us to know about Nicholas Lazarus and his ilk. He's in YPAP, hence he must have an interest in becoming an MP, or even a minister. Once he becomes a minister, it becomes illegal to probe his personal life without authorisation. It is therefore important that we expose him while we can.

Thanks, Sam for filling in the gaps of my memory.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
... He's in YPAP, hence he must have an interest in becoming an MP, or even a minister. Once he becomes a minister, it becomes illegal to probe his personal life without authorisation. It is therefore important that we expose him while we can ...

over a decade ago, his article didn't land him in the desired spot, a decade down the road, do you think he'd still be penning such articles? your guess is as good as mine :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good post Bro. I recall reading a comment by of all people Dennis Foo the clubman who said something similar albeit without reference to politics. This was to do with a recent international survey on the world's most liveable cities the first 2 being Munich and Copehagen which Dennis went to visit. He said that in general the people in both cities appeared to be relaxed, happy and enjoying life. This is what stood out to him and I think he is right.

The day Singaporeans are generally contented lot and I can see smiling faces everywhere is the day I attest Singapore do not need opposition to challenge PAP dominance in government. Their policies are like the drug which slowly but surely poison the mind of the people whose only goal in life is to be number 1, attain more money and disdain the simple thing in life. Nicholas Lazarus, you are that very embodiment of the people i describe.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rest assured this PAP arse wipe Lazarus shall never even get invited to a PAP tea session unless a teaboy and cake server is required. There are loads of these sort of Lazarus types in PAP who crave power but in actual fact CMI and thankfully PAP's leadership have thus far kept them at footsoldier level. However GE2006 slate of fresh PAP candidates raised my eyebrows at the dearth of real talent:eek:

Actually it is very important for us to know about Nicholas Lazarus and his ilk. He's in YPAP, hence he must have an interest in becoming an MP, or even a minister. Once he becomes a minister, it becomes illegal to probe his personal life without authorisation. It is therefore important that we expose him while we can.

Thanks, Sam for filling in the gaps of my memory.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd normally debate the issue rather than take issue with the person debating. I allow myself an exception with Nicholas Lazarus. Wasn't Nicholas Lazarus (together with Pok Vik Tor) one of the PAPzis internet force back in 1996? Wasn't he also the bright spark who warned that if Singaporeans did not vote for the PAP in big numbers (and thus show support to then PM GCT) we would face the prospect of a iron-fisted LHL taking over and punishing us? Wasn't Nicholas Lazarus then told to shut up? So has he been like his biblical namesake been ressurected from the dead?

Yes. You know your stuff.

This is what that clown said in 1996. He then tried to erase the post but was not successful

As the following post has been mysteriously cancelled, it is
reproduced below for the benefit of those of missed it the first time
around.

Yes, looks like you are politically more attuned than I suspected.

Young Nick was an undergrad in Law Fac, NUS and moderating YPAP. Was a overzealous prick and still is. The PAP has been praying that this guy moves on to another party for years.

He is also the one to first reveal the factional "fighting" that was going on.
He was removed after that particular post. Told to be quiet.

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
over a decade ago, his article didn't land him in the desired spot, a decade down the road, do you think he'd still be penning such articles? your guess is as good as mine :biggrin:

his decade-old letter probably landed him in some rehab camp for speaking badly of clown prince. he could be out now and need to do lots of redemption work.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
What could you guys be thinking? We should help in facilitating his entry back into the PAP's fold. Nothing works better than planting a bomb right inside where it'll create the biggest damage, figuratively speaking.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He does not need our help. It has become quite obvious that the PAPzis has difficulty filling the 80+ seats in parliament every five years. They just cannot understand why:

• Eunuchs are impotent
  • Those with balls do not behave like eunuchs
  • There are always those who willingly castrate themselves to get noticed but then are more obnoxious than the other eunuchs.

In the end they always choose the last because they cause the least short-term trouble and more more predictable in their demands.

The experience of the Chinese Imperial court with eunuchs does not bode well for Singapore's current situation.

SIGH!

What could you guys be thinking? We should help in facilitating his entry back into the PAP's fold. Nothing works better than planting a bomb right inside where it'll create the biggest damage, figuratively speaking.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't worry bro, he still there, still in the thick of things except know one listens. To keep him quiet, they keep appointing him to every other trivial committee possible so that he expands his energy safely. Its like some RCs had to collect newspaper, wtach mango trees etc.