• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Your Values

jw5

Loyal
I would like ask some questions on peoples' values, because I think that peoples' values can change over the years, or perhaps may get lost in the process of living.

1. Do you think people should pay with their lives for killing someone?

2. Would you ever kill someone?

3. If there is someone you hate, would you harm his loved ones or family members, or do you subscribe to the adage that it is only between you and him?

4. Do you take the position that anything can happen as long as you and your family maintain your well being, say 10 peoples'/families' lives can be sacrificed provided you can save your life or your family's lives?

Thanks for your replies and comments.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. No. Not life for a life.
2. No
3. 1st part no. 2nd, yes
4. Not quite understand. 2 questions in 1?:confused:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I learn one important truth in life - talk big, every easy, everybody can - in forums, in front of family, friends, strangers. When it came to the crunch, how will you react, who knew?

Values? when it matter most, I betray my values too when I thought I will never do it.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I would like ask some questions on peoples' values, because I think that peoples' values can change over the years, or perhaps may get lost in the process of living.

on 1: no. the initial pain of the loss of a loved one would go away. getting that person to pay with a life doesn't bring back the life of a loved one.

on 2: don't think so :smile:

on 3: not applicable, haven't hated anyone that much :p

on 4: i may be selfish, but i want the well being of my family to be independent and it should not be on the expense of others. if it were to be at the expense of other people, my folks wouldn't agree to it anyway.

i reckoned the core values would still stand as long as there isn't any drastic changes that warrants a change in perception, and ultimately a change in the beliefs, there could be minor adaptations to the values that one holds.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...core values would still stand as long as there isn't any drastic changes that warrants a change in perception, and ultimately a change in the beliefs, there could be minor adaptations to the values that one holds.
It's also the ballast, holds up in stormy sea of life

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
talk easy.

when it came to the crunch, you will know your true self...

true lah, the closest it came by was my cousin ending up dead due to the negligence of an idiot. what to do? accept the situation loh :(

veritastruth

Alfrescian
Loyal

3. If there is someone you hate, would you harm his loved ones or family members, or do you subscribe to the adage that it is only between you and him?

4. Do you take the position that anything can happen as long as you and your family maintain your well being, say 10 peoples'/families' lives can be sacrificed provided you can save your life or your family's lives?

1. Depends ... generally no, unless really gruelsome, evil.
2. I hope not ...
3. Not his family unless something happened to mine and it has to do with him ...
4. No

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal

No.
No.
No.
No.

:o :( :o

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If the someone is a sinkie, then the killer should be knighted.

If that is a sinkie, why not?

Sinkies are hated all over the world. The world will rejoice if they are permanently removed.

I suggest the whole population of sinkies to be terminated so that the world will be at peace.

jw5

Loyal
1. No. Not life for a life.
2. No
3. 1st part no. 2nd, yes
4. Not quite understand. 2 questions in 1?:confused:
In order to protect you or your family's well being, is it acceptable that 10 individuals or 10 families are sacrificed?
Only 1 question, but can relate to either you personally or your family.

jw5

Loyal
I learn one important truth in life - talk big, every easy, everybody can - in forums, in front of family, friends, strangers. When it came to the crunch, how will you react, who knew?

Values? when it matter most, I betray my values too when I thought I will never do it.
Would you mind telling us when and how you betrayed your values?
Don't worry, nobody knows you. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
on 1: no. the initial pain of the loss of a loved one would go away. getting that person to pay with a life doesn't bring back the life of a loved one.

on 2: don't think so :smile:

on 3: not applicable, haven't hated anyone that much :p

on 4: i may be selfish, but i want the well being of my family to be independent and it should not be on the expense of others. if it were to be at the expense of other people, my folks wouldn't agree to it anyway.

i reckoned the core values would still stand as long as there isn't any drastic changes that warrants a change in perception, and ultimately a change in the beliefs, there could be minor adaptations to the values that one holds.
Reply a little bit cheem, but fair enough. :smile:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. yes
2. yes
3. quite diff for me to hate some1 till wanna kill him, but if the hatred is that much, then yes also
4. yes definitely

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal

1) YES

2) YES

3) Would like to subscribe to the the latter but I know I am not that noble

4) High chance.