• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Your CPF monies?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just had coffee with a young couple from my fishing group who left to seek work in Singapore. He's an accountant and his wife is a lawyer. Their research revealed that they'll earn a lot more there.

On the other side of the coin there are many Singaporeans who arrived in NZ full of expectations only to slink back home a year later utterly disillusioned.

NZ isn't a great as it is made out to be. Singapore isn't as bad as it is portrayed in this forum.

NZ's greatest asset is its natural wonders and scenery but these don't put food on the table. If you want career advancement and a fat wallet, stick to Singapore.

NZ's greatest asset is its natural wonders and scenery but these don't put food on the table.

Agree on this point.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has always been one the best places to make money. But hopeless place to to consider a home, build a house, have a garden, lead a great lifestyle and provide opportunities for future generation.

Every Kiwi that I met will start building a beautiful house in NZ in a picturesque place while working in Singapore.

The same goes for most foreigners from the first world. Even the India Indians start building a palace for their retirement back. The Thais and Indonesians do the same. Only the Pinoys remain here because it's a failed state back home. Even the Malaysians after 1985 stopped converting to a Singapore citizenship. They also build a house back in Malaysia. Only a Singaporean idiot will buy a second condo instead of financing his move overseas.

If this govt turns Singapore in a brothel, no foreigner is going to complain especially those who are milking the system. It's no skin off their back.

Why you think I encourage people to migrate.

Just had coffee with a young couple from my fishing group who left to seek work in Singapore. He's an accountant and his wife is a lawyer. Their research revealed that they'll earn a lot more there.

On the other side of the coin there are many Singaporeans who arrived in NZ full of expectations only to slink back home a year later utterly disillusioned.

NZ isn't a great as it is made out to be. Singapore isn't as bad as it is portrayed in this forum.

NZ's greatest asset is its natural wonders and scenery but these don't put food on the table. If you want career advancement and a fat wallet, stick to Singapore.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want a fat wallet, be a prostitute.

Get a fat account and a bank you can laugh all the way to by becoming a PAP inner circle.
Money will be yours by the fucking billions if you inner inner circle
Your genes will be perfect and you be close to GOD.

BUT you be the first to be hooted or dangle from piano wire

Plotzensee_nooses.jpg

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Our CPF is definitely not gonna put food on our tables. Maybe someone in HDB, CPF, TH or a minister is going to get rich on our CPF, but the closest to the man on the street is going to get fed from his CPF is if he stuffs his CPF statement down his throat.

YamSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that every single one of us should have a choice, either to go with the CPF or opt out. It is our monies afterall.

But did they give us a choice?

Talking about " to build a DEMOCRATIC society, base on juistice and equality" makes me ponder at one corner.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not a matter of "small sum" or not - it is that individual's money. S/he should be at liberty to do whatever s/he wishes with that money, rational or not. The government has stepped into the individual's personal right to act to his/her own decision. It is that person's money and right to put that money in a savings/investment plan of his own choice, or spend it on whatever he wishes to. The government's role should be kept to governance, not to dictate a person's lifestyle/choices.

Cheers!

Only a small sum is held back. Singaporeans are at liberty to draw the bulk of their funds at 55 and they can do whatever they like with the money.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think everywhere in the world where there isn't an ongoing war, people gather around to yak, eat, and drink during their leisure hours. This activity isn't unuque to Peesai and neither is it a grand gift from the government. Complaining about CPF or other policies by the state is the citizen's "Right to Gripe." It happens in every society where working class people pay taxes. The topics discussed are issues that matter to the people involved. In Peesai, CPF and healthcare costs are the dominant issues of the day, back where I lived in Canada, it is mostly about hockey, how the Maple Leafs suck and power tool deals at Home Depot.

Cheers!

the fact that your old cronies, new blokes and you can enjoy beer sessions with salted egg crayfish and prawns in tampines talking shit about cpf withholding your savings says a lot about how lucky sinkies are with a nannified cpf system compared to the rest of the world. if cpf is truly chaining your money down, your old cronies, new blokes and you would not be having the discussion over rounds of beer, salted egg crayfish and prawns. :p

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is not a matter of "small sum" or not - it is that individual's money. S/he should be at liberty to do whatever s/he wishes with that money, rational or not. The government has stepped into the individual's personal right to act to his/her own decision. It is that person's money and right to put that money in a savings/investment plan of his own choice, or spend it on whatever he wishes to. The government's role should be kept to governance, not to dictate a person's lifestyle/choices.

Cheers!

We are never at liberty to do whatever we want with our money regardless of which country you live in.

In most countries, a huge chunk is simply taken away from you for good and you never see it again.

With CPF, although a portion is set aside which you cannot spend as you please, you still receive the yield from your asset and at the end of the day, that is more important than anything else. In fact, yield is what I live on these days. Without my CPF savings, I'd have less to spend every month.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno, I wasn't counting. The entire expense was footed by two of my friends as the drinkes and food were servied, both are singles and in their mid-fifties. There were six people altogether at the table. We all had dinner at home before meeting at the coffee shop at around nine and stayed till slightly past midnite. I don't think it totalled more that 150 bucks. The crayfish and prawns were likely about twenty to thirty bucks per plate.

Cheers!

How much did the beers, salted egg crayfish and prawns cost? how much per pax?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. We all live in countries where the financial system is organized, and tax monies are collected for communal upkeep, either in the form of income tax, GSTs, import duties, etc. I believe CPF was originally meant as some form of savings for retirement planning. Rightfully, that money is to be made available upon a worker's retirement, and not held back further. This is the cause of the disgruntlement, the citizens feel they have been taken for a ride. Also, there are citizens out there who feel they can better manage these "idle" money for better returns than what the government is giving them.

Cheers!

We are never at liberty to do whatever we want with our money regardless of which country you live in.

In most countries, a huge chunk is simply taken away from you for good and you never see it again.

With CPF, although a portion is set aside which you cannot spend as you please, you still receive the yield from your asset and at the end of the day, that is more important than anything else. In fact, yield is what I live on these days. Without my CPF savings, I'd have less to spend every month.