• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Youngest youth in Yishun slashing only 13

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
A DISPUTE over a missing mobile phone is believed to have sparked an attack which left a 23-year-old man with slash wounds in Yishun on Wednesday evening.

Three youths aged 13, 15 and 18 have been arrested, police said, while a fourth assailant may still be at large.

The victim is said to have approached the youths near the lift landing of Block 362, Yishun Ring Road, to ask if they had stolen his mobile phone.

An exchange of words soon escalated into a fight and the suspects allegedly brandished parangs and slashed at the victim's head and arm, reported Chinese evening newspaper Lianhe Wanbao.

The victim ran for help, leaving a trail of blood across four blocks.

A second-floor resident of a nearby block told Lianhe Wanbao that his son found the victim at the staircase landing of his block, but did not see the assailants. He called for an ambulance after the victim sought refuge in his flat.

The victim suffered injuries on his left arm and head, but stayed conscious while being taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, where he is reportedly in a stable condition.

Investigations are ongoing.

The incident is the latest in a series of attacks in the past two months that involved youths.

On Oct 30, 19-year-old polytechnic student Darren Ng was killed after being attacked by a gang of youths at Downtown East in Pasir Ris. Nine suspects have since been charged with his murder.

In a statement issued yesterday, police said that two more suspects have been arrested. One suspect, a 19-year-old, was arrested in Johor Baru with the assistance of the Royal Malaysian Police.

A warrant of arrest was executed against him in Malaysia and he was brought back here on Wednesday.

The other suspect, a 20- year-old youth, was arrested here on Wednesday.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, the law needs to be reviewed to deal with these young punks as they are literally getting away with murders.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. honest, the 23-yr old victim is no goody-2-shoes too.
3. some troublemaker as well.

jw5

Loyal
My proposed solution is to deal with the parents. Doesn't matter whether the parents have neglected them or abandoned them. Just find them and deal with them.

If you just deal with the youngsters, other youngsters will be too stupid or immature to understand the potential consequences. Some may even find it heroic to be like their predecessors.

If you deal with the parents, these type of cases will reduce by at least 50%. At the very least, they will think twice before having children or abandoning or neglecting them.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
See? The youngsters are so progressive in their stout defence of communications technology. 13 is a pretty impressive age for one to understand and appreciate its critical importance to society. The boy is mature and will go far.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The laws are already in place. They are, to me, adequate. It is the failure of enforcement and intelligence from the police that is the causal factor. Not the law or its inadequacy. Let's get this right.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
The laws are already in place. They are, to me, adequate. It is the failure of enforcement and intelligence from the police that is the causal factor. Not the law or its inadequacy. Let's get this right.

I am not so sure.
Of course intelligence is important and preventive.
But on enforcement; pple get maimed or kill and most of them they are charged with rioting; go to squat in Changi for a few years with some strokes on the buttocks and most of the time they became hardened criminals.
They would wear it like a badge of honour and most of them will be in and out of Changi like they are going for Holidays.
Somebody suggested before that they should be caned at regular intervals and not all at once. I think that is a bloody good idea to begin with.
For those younger than 16yo which are quite common nowadays, they will basically be slapped on the wrists.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not so sure.
But on enforcement; pple get maimed or kill and most of them they are charged with rioting; go to squat in Changi for a few years with some strokes on the buttocks and most of the time they became hardened criminals.
They would wear it like a badge of honour and most of them will be in and out of Changi like they are going for Holidays.
Somebody suggested before that they should be caned at regular intervals and not all at once. I think that is a bloody good idea to begin with.
For those younger than 16yo which are quite common nowadays, they will basically be slapped on the wrists.

Let's see what our MIW and the scholars within the Police suggest. There is no perfect solution to this problem. Take the death penalty for drug traffickers. Despite the death penalty, people continue to risk their lives being couriers.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's see what our MIW and the scholars within the Police suggest. There is no perfect solution to this problem. Take the death penalty for drug traffickers. Despite the death penalty, people continue to risk their lives being couriers.

yes, make the law crystal clear.
don't give loopholes for lawyers to exploit.
You traffick drugs, you go to the gallows if caught.
You take part in random or gang clashes where lives are loss, you will be charged with muder or manslaugter (minimum).

I really pity those innocent pple that were killed or maimed simply because they are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kukubird58;623419 I really pity those innocent pple that were killed or maimed simply because they are at the wrong place at the wrong time.[/QUOTE said:
Agree. Punishment should be enhanced whereby there was no threat or provocation involved yet victims suffered coz wrong place and wrong time. Or, looks identical to actual target of violence - mistaken identity.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An exchange of words soon escalated into a fight and the suspects allegedly brandished parangs and slashed at the victim's head and arm, reported Chinese evening newspaper Lianhe Wanbao.

in the first place , why is that group of youngster carry a parang with them ??

jw5

Loyal
I am not so sure.
For those that are deemed too young by the law to be severely punished, do you think that the parents should be punished?

I think they should.
Firstly, it will make the parents of other wayward children control their kids better. Secondly, it will make parents think twice before they neglect or abandon their children or even have children in the first place.
Thirdly, if these gangster children care for their parents, they will think twice before indulging in violent gang activities. Don't be surprised if there are many of these, who love their parents but won't hesitate to kill a member of another gang or even a stranger.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those that are deemed too young by the law to be severely punished, do you think that the parents should be punished?

hahaha... just curious to know whether you are a parent and if yes, how old are your child/children.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, the law needs to be reviewed to deal with these young punks as they are literally getting away with murders.

Good for Singapore..........at least there will be real fighters and gangsters joing the army....just like the 60's when gangsters join the army and police and detective.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is, how do they manage to get the parang knives so easily?

Is there a wholesale market here which sells parangs? :biggrin: