• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Young sinkie unemployed for 9 mths but look old

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://theindependent.sg/young-gra...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1636534838

sbbi

SIGN IN
Welcome!Log into your account
your username
your password
Forgot your password?

Privacy Policy
PASSWORD RECOVERY
Recover your password
your email

Home News Featured News Young graduate remains jobless for nine months after allegedly being pressured to...

Young graduate remains jobless for nine months after allegedly being pressured to resign from first job​

Photo for illustrative purposes only

Revealing that she received little help from her ex-company's Human Resources (HR) department, who allegedly only issued her superiors a verbal warning, Evangeline said that she has been finding it difficult to secure a new job and suspects her former bosses may have slandered her

https://www.sammyboy.com/whatsapp:/...dly-being-pressured-to-resign-from-first-job/
https://theindependent.sg/young-gra...t-job/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#
November 1, 2019
By Jewel Stolarchuk

- Advertisement -

A young Singaporean has said that she has been unemployed for nine months after she was allegedly pressured to resign from the first job she got after graduating.
Writing to Gilbert Goh, an activist who runs the transitioning.org website that offers support for the unemployed and the underemployed, Evangeline wrote that she was bullied at her last workplace and was “pressurised/threatened” by her superiors to resign after nine months of working there.

ADVERTISING

Revealing that she received little help from her ex-company’s Human Resources (HR) department, who allegedly only have her superiors a verbal warning, Evangeline said that she has been having difficulties finding a new job and suspects her former bosses may have slandered her.

Sharing that the incident and her inability to find another full-time job has left her feeling isolated and depressed, she wrote:
- Advertisement 1-

“Dear Mr Gilbert, I have been unemployed for 9 months and have been reading your website for encouragement. I’ve finally worked up the courage to email you – I would like to receive a copy of your ebook if possible, and also join a support group. It can be very isolating and depressing.
“As a recent graduate, I was bullied at my first job and unexpectedly pressurised/threatened by my very young bosses to resign after nine months. During the trying time, I had reported to HR about my situation. HR appeared sympathetic and apologised, saying their behaviour was unprofessional, but apart from a verbal warning to my bosses, nothing else was done for me.
“I have since experienced great difficulties securing a full time job because most companies conduct background checks, and I suspected my ex bosses may have slandered me.

“I wish to express my thanks and gratitude to you and your team, for establishing this website for unemployed persons like myself. Looking forward to hearing from you.”

Earlier, in May, another Singaporean told Mr Goh that he was bullied by his foreign colleagues at his previous workplaces due to his mental condition and that he was jobless after being fired by two companies in a span of months.
Revealing that he is desperate for a job due to his dire financial circumstances, Feng Ping wrote that the loss of his jobs from the two companies “was traumatic to my emotional health.”
- Advertisement 2-
He added: “I was a victim of workplace bully by the “foreign talents” in my previous companies. I was outnumbered by the foreigners and the management didn’t manage (sic) to help resolve this issue. This has resulted in further worsening of my mental condition which was just a very mild case previously.”
Sharing that he had actually recovered from his mental condition and had been leading a fulfilling life after graduating with a degree in accounting and finance prior to the workplace bullying, Feng Ping wrote that the bullying worsened his mental health.
He revealed: “Currently I am jobless and couldn’t find a job despite sending my resumes to many employment agencies and even the government sector. This has caused traumatic blows to me and I am in emotional distress. I locked myself up at home everyday hoping to get calls for job interviews.”

Appealing for help, Feng Ping concluded: “My family is very poor and I couldn’t find a job, I need desperate help.”

According to preliminary data gathered by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) for the third quarter of 2019, the number of retrenchments and the unemployment rate has continued to rise. Overall, the unemployment rate went up from 2.2 per cent to 2.3 per cent while the unemployment rate for Singapore residents (including permanent residents) went up from 3.1 per cent to 3.2 per cent.
- Advertisement 3-

Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to [email protected]
- Advertisement -

https://www.sammyboy.com/whatsapp:/...dly-being-pressured-to-resign-from-first-job/
https://theindependent.sg/young-gra...t-job/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#

Read More​

Home News

Collision with double-decker leaves cyclist in hospital, bus captain suspended

Singapore – The cyclist was always going to come off second best when his bicycle collided with a double-decker bus. It happened late on Tuesday night where Marsiling Drive meets Admiralty Road. Still conscious, the 43-year-old cyclist was taken to hospital,...

Featured News

Stories you might’ve missed, Nov 11

Business & Economy

Haidilao chairman Zhang Yong’s net worth drops from S$18.6 billion to S$11.7 billion

Home News

Wedding organiser to admit he let 235 into reception when legal limit was 100

Celebrity

Xiaxue goes to London courtesy of Kim Lim for luxury shopping and expensive dinner

https://zenherald.com/fans-expresse...-o8ju2vJcxzHUwa7oOL6zWi1CCssU0oyrL9msT_-6mBAQ

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
This CB Papiga ,wat she say is true ,some jiuhukia PR turn new citizen ,work in HR ,all yaya ,CB ,hire only their own kind ,CB

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking for 1 full timer working as a swab officer (ART, assisted)
Salary is $8k per month. 15 days work month. Work 1 day rest 1 day.

Daily start at 9am and end at 10am.

Job scope: Conduct Swabbing.
Swab for: Lions (must poke nose)

PM me if keen