• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You have to pay CPF if you earn only S$50 per month!!!

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend's tuition has to advise his tutor that the gahmen wants them to pay CPF even if they are only earning S$50 per month!!!

My friend has to pay more but their tutors are getting lesser although on paper they are now getting MORE monies!!! ..............congrats i guess.....

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me try to understand your post.

A tutor who earns $50 dollars or more must pay into CPF. Hence, a student will end up paying more to a tutor but the tutor's take-home pay is less because a portion goes to his CPF.

Correct?

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend's tuition has to advise his tutor that the gahmen wants them to pay CPF even if they are only earning S$50 per month!!!

My friend has to pay more but their tutors are getting lesser although on paper they are now getting MORE monies!!! ..............congrats i guess.....
Dom,once you have a CPF or active again,then MOM can classify

A NEW JOB CREATED LIAO!

WE PAP CREATED SO MANY NEW JOBS

It is tat simple!

siloti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sir, you have to understand, CPF is your money, it will be appropotion into 3 separate accounts, including medisave accounts............. Our great and dear leaders has great foresight to design such excellent system, so that when you are old, you are taken care of, and when you are sick, you are also taken care of.
Think about it, Thank You.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dom,once you have a CPF or active again,then MOM can classify

A NEW JOB CREATED LIAO!

WE PAP CREATED SO MANY NEW JOBS

It is tat simple!

oso, it wil help make unemployment rate lower ...

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me try to understand your post.

A tutor who earns $50 dollars or more must pay into CPF. Hence, a student will end up paying more to a tutor but the tutor's take-home pay is less because a portion goes to his CPF.

Correct?

Sorry. I didn't state clearly. My friend runs a tuition centre. So, my friend is the boss of this setup. He has to pay more now for every tutor he hires to teach at his centre..........but his tutors get lower income!!! ......if you can get happy with the paper gains in the CPF account of these tutors's cases, then I'm sorry I'd made a wrong statement. :biggrin:

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry. I didn't state clearly. My friend runs a tuition centre. So, my friend is the boss of this setup. He has to pay more now for every tutor he hires to teach at his centre..........but his tutors get lower income!!! ......if you can get happy with the paper gains in the CPF account of these tutors's cases, then I'm sorry I'd made a wrong statement. :biggrin:

There is a legal way to circumvent this. Anyway, with regards to your post, allow me to raise my views about it. CPF is a necessary step to secure the wages of staff for retirement and medical care. However, over the years, CPF savings has been used to manipulate the market forces. Let me raise a few points here:

1. Members can use CPF money to pay for housing
2. Members can use CPF to participate in investments and buy investment linked insurance
3. Members can use Medisave to co-pay medical expenses

However, you notice that CPF (employer and employee combined) has become a manipulator of market forces and used to further gabrament's political agenda because CPF now belongs to members BUT with various conditions attached to the monies.

Compounding this, Sinkiepore, which considers itself as a 1st world country, has no laws on Minimal Wage. This is totally unacceptable.

Putting it all together, I am for employer contributing to CPF but I am not for CPF for the manipulation capabilities it now has over market forces.

It is more than that actually, but it will take me a chapter to illustrate everything down here so I hope this post will just evoke some thoughts, that's all.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF today abbreviates Collateral Per Fool

the initiative was designed as a compulsory savings for the ppl, so to ensure retirement and/or medication. however, now that costs of living have shot thru the roof for the majority, ppl r now required to use that savings to pay for housing installments and/or tertiary education for children down the rd. which ultimately leaves the ppl with little or nothing for retirement.

u cant live with or without CPF now. its a collateral.... that had just became collateral damage.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why don't you advise your friend's tution to earn less than $50 a month :confused:

In that way, your friend pays less and the tutors have to take it or leave it :mad:

I really can't understand what you are trying to say but I tried my best to reply. Hope you are happy with my reply:biggrin:

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you advise your friend's tution to earn less than $50 a month :confused:

In that way, your friend pays less and the tutors have to take it or leave it :mad:

I really can't understand what you are trying to say but I tried my best to reply. Hope you are happy with my reply:biggrin:

The tutors hired by my friend are tutoring on a part-time basis. They have their own day job and for the last few years, these couple of hundreds of dollars earned by them need not contribute any amount to the CPF from either party. But now MOE suddenly team up with CPF to come in with a series of rules and regulations on the tuition centres.

DarthRevan

Alfrescian
Loyal
by coming up with this idea, they are actually giving "more income" for the part-time tutors while ur fren(boss) incurred more biz costs.

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
err...I think the rule has been there for a long while...just that after this recession....gahment agencies like CeePeeFfff has to employ many part-timers thus having the ability to enforce the rule...

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your friend runs a biz. His employees are treated no different than other employees.

I suppose you should be advocating CPF contribution be made only for people earning > $x.

I used to own a shell company, with minimal activities and no income. ROC made me pay CPF as a self-employed before extending my biz license. I thought that was ridiculous. I was contributing thousands every month from my day job.

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
by coming up with this idea, they are actually giving "more income" for the part-time tutors while ur fren(boss) incurred more biz costs.

Ya! "MORE INCOME"!!! LOL! More "on paper" income where your money seems to be your money but you cannot touch it until much later. Also, you have no right to check on how they invest "our money" because that's a NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE!!!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since money in CPF can hardly be withdrawn, it has became an indirect taxes on all employees and employers income ie 33% in total.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt is always drumming up new ways to replace the middleman, or create one where ther is none before, in anything that is lucrative. Take for instance taxis, which company is now the largest operator in Singapore? For that matter, which companies are the 2 largest? Any independent ones left? Not a single one. Sure, they 'allow' new ones, but that is only after demolishing the old ones and firmly establishing themselves. Just like what they did to the bus companies.

Another case study would be the recent organ transplant act. After criminalizing middlemen in the sales of organs, citing morals, protection of donors and receipients, they set themselves comfortably as middlemen. Charge the patient a world-class fee, 'compensate' the donor a miserable percentage of that 'to discourage the donation of organs for monetary gains', and what do they do to the difference after deducting the medical fees?

The government should be in the business of governing, not governing to be in business. Leave business to the businessmen. If the govt take care of their own end competently, the rest will sort themselves out, like water finding its level.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i had refer to the CPF contribution rate booklet for July 2007. Inside stated that only wages at or above $50.01per month need to contribute to the CPF.:rolleyes: