• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You can now get this hawker dish from Ang Mo Kio...

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
So LHL is ahead of his times. He saw the future.
We got a right leader in place to guide us into the future.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't eat mee siam, mee rebus or mee goreng since kindergarten learning the value of money and cost of things. These are rip-off dishes. Noodle, gravy and an egg for S$2.50?! They could survive and prosper with overpriced craps like that because they have captive Muslim market that must eat halal food food. I thank God that I'm not Muslim and restricted to halal food. These are the most expensive dishes in Singapore, on par with Japanese standards. Non-Muslims eating these and paying for these overpriced craps should have their brains examined by a good brain surgeon.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't eat mee siam, mee rebus or mee goreng since kindergarten learning the value of money and cost of things. These are rip-off dishes. Noodle, gravy and an egg for S$2.50?! They could survive and prosper with overpriced craps like that because they have captive Muslim market that must eat halal food food. I thank God that I'm not Muslim and restricted to halal food. These are the most expensive dishes in Singapore, on par with Japanese standards. Non-Muslims eating these and paying for these overpriced craps should have their brains examined by a good brain surgeon.

I don't think Muslims nowadays strictly follow this anymore? Sometimes queue up at SGPools outlets, can see our Muslim brothers queuing up too..

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Muslims nowadays strictly follow this anymore? Sometimes queue up at SGPools outlets, can see our Muslim brothers queuing up too..

You are looking at progressives, within them there are talibans.

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malay food used tob cheaper den Chinese food in e past;( now they r selling for same price;( darn Bo hua to buy!!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The NUS Guildhouse cafe at Kent Ridge used to serve mee rebus with fried chicken wing. I had it once before, it was quite delicious. Not sure if it still does that now.

Yes. That was 5 to 6 years ago but I find not very good.

Now, no more, I think another operator already.

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
to date, most muslim dishes available out there r often overpriced. considering the value of the food & quantity, their costs r some of the lowest.
  • roti-prata is just flour & fats/ margarine/ butter/ ghee, while the curry gravy is dilute.
  • mee goreng is just noodles & tomato puree with tiny bits of cabbage (abundant coloring)
  • tulang is just bones boiled in puree & possibly MSG with tiny bits of cabbage (abundant coloring)
  • mee siam/ rebus/ soto etc, noodles in gravy/sauce/soup & ½ an egg (lucky if u have a whole egg)

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Malays find their own food expensive.

to date, most muslim dishes available out there r often overpriced. considering the value of the food & quantity, their costs r some of the lowest.
  • roti-prata is just flour & fats/ margarine/ butter/ ghee, while the curry gravy is dilute.
  • mee goreng is just noodles & tomato puree with tiny bits of cabbage (abundant coloring)
  • tulang is just bones boiled in puree & possibly MSG with tiny bits of cabbage (abundant coloring)
  • mee siam/ rebus/ soto etc, noodles in gravy/sauce/soup & ½ an egg (lucky if u have a whole egg)

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

This one I agree, I always think why some mee, plus tau kwa, plus egg, can cost $2.50 up to even $3 where comparing to other foodstuff which has higher ingredient costs selling the same.

Jap food is expensive because of the costs of the ingredients.

If I go chinese nasi lemak stall and tell the hawker, 1 beehoon, 1 tau kwa, 1 egg, only $1.50 at most, somemore tau kwa is whole big one not small small pieces. :p

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's why must add "hum" into mee siam... that will give mee siam value for money.... :wink: