• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yong Vui Kong’s family pleads at Istana

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian Politicians are the biggest hypocrites especially the MCA. They allowed 2 murderers to escape the gallows by getting them royal pardons. One an UMNO politcian and the other is Tun Tan Siew Sin's nephew. Yet they hanged a guy called Sim for mere possession of a gun. He did not even use it in the commission of an offence.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judge : Unlawful possession of firearms, death penalty.

Poor man : What? I got it but didn't even do anything with it.

Judge : It's understood. It's not kitchen knife. Why else would you have wanted it? Next!

Judge : Unlawful possession of firearms, death penalty.

Rich man : Wait, I just collect it as collectible.

Judge : If you use it to rob or kill, how?

Rich man : Are you crazy, your honour? I'm so rich I don't have to rob anyone or kill anyone myself even if I want them dead.

Judge : Mind your language. Contempt of court and failure to apply for firearms licence. 2 weeks imprisonment and $2,000 fine and confiscation of the unlicensed firearms. Next!

C

Cao Pi

More time for clemency plea

Aug 26, 2010

More time for clemency plea

<!-- by line --> By Kor Kian Beng
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --> <!-- story content : start --> THE Prisons Department has extended the deadline for convicted Malaysian drug trafficker Yong Vui Kong to file a plea for presidential clemency, from today to a date to be fixed. The decision was conveyed to Yong's lawyer, Mr M. Ravi, in a letter yesterday afternoon, shortly after he filed an appeal against a recent High Court ruling that dismissed his application for a judicial review of the clemency process.

Mr Ravi had argued that the process by which the President grants pardons - on the advice of the Cabinet - is flawed. But the court dismissed the application on Aug 13, saying the power to pardon lies with the Cabinet and not the President.

In his judgment, Justice Steven Chong also invited the Prisons Department to extend the deadline for Yong's clemency plea till after the Court of Appeal had reached its decision on the dismissal. In the meantime, civil society efforts to try to save Yong's life continued apace.

Read the full story in Thursday's edition of The Straits Times.

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teacher : What happens when you take drugs?

Kindergarten kid : Got addicted and arrested.

Teacher : What happens when you sell drugs?

Kindergarten kid : Death penalty, hang and die.

Many years later...

Judge : You're hereby sentenced to death by hanging for trafficking drugs.

Accused : It's unfair, I'm only 18 years old, can't even vote yet.

Family : It's unfair, we want to appeal for clemency.

President : So how?

Prime Minister : Make sure that the gallows pole is checked and strong.

Home Affairs Minister : Make sure that the noose is checked and strong.
at age of 18, its legal for him to consume tobacco or alcohol, and he's permitted to have sex. of all things, he chose to meddle with drugs. he sealed his fate.

chowka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vui Kong's clemency deadline extended

<table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td id="content_heading" class="contentheading" width="100%">Vui Kong's clemency deadline extended </td> </tr> <!-- --> <tr> <td class="createdate" valign="top"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td valign="bottom">
</td> <td rowspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="bottom"> Thursday, 26 August 2010 17:57

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td id="content_body" colspan="1" style="color: black;" valign="top"> <!-- JoomlaWorks "Disqus Comment System for Joomla!" Plugin (v2.2) starts here -->
yong-vui-kong-2.jpg

KOTA KINABALU - Death Row inmate Yong Vui Kong's clemency deadline has been extended to a date to be confirmed later which means he will not be sent to the gallows anytime after Thursday (Aug 26) as yet.

Thursday is supposed to be the last date for him to file his second clemency petition. Yong, 22 was convicted of drug trafficking in 2009.
Yesterday (Aug. 25), Singapore human rights lawyer M. Ravi and Malaysian lawyer Ngeow Chow Ying obtained an extension of Yong's deadline to submit his clemency plea to the President of the Republic of Singapore, S.R. Nathan.

"Yesterday (Aug 24), I sent a notice to the Singapore Prison Authorities demanding a response by noon today (Aug. 25) to my earlier request for confirmation of extension of the stay of execution. Otherwise, I would take out an application to the Court of Appeal.

"So, they responded by noon today (Aug 25). I received a letter from the Prison Authorities to extend Yong's deadline to appeal for clemency from the President," Ravi said by phone, Wednesday, according to the Sabah newspaper Daily Express.

Earlier, he had applied for a judicial review of the clemency process, and the High Court's decision was for the Singapore Prison Service to extend the stay of execution. However, he did not receive any confirmation of the said extension. Ravi said he had relayed the news to Yong's family who have decided to stay on in Singapore until Aug. 28.

At 3pm Wednesday, Ravi filed an appeal to the Court of Appeal against the decision of the High Court on his application for a judicial review pertaining to the Singapore Law Minister's prejudicial remarks on Yong's case. Two weeks ago, the High Court rejected Ravi's application for the judicial review.

"The Law Minister's remarks constitute a pre-judgement, and this has prejudiced a fair trial for Yong. I am making a second appeal against the High Court's judicial review decision, this time to the Appeal Court.

"So, basically, the Singapore Prison won't execute Yong as yet, at least not until my appeal to the Court of Appeal is heard. And I will not file his clemency petition until after the appeal is heard," he said.

On May 9, 2010, and before the Court of Appeal gave its verdict (May 14, 2010) on Yong's appeal against the death sentence, the Law Minister of Singapore, K. Shanmugam, made the following statement, which was published in the Singapore Straits Times.

"Yong Vui Kong, (who was sentenced to hang for trafficking 47gm of heroin), he is young. But if we say, 'We let you go', what's the signal we're sending? We're sending a signal to all drug barons out there just make sure you choose a victim who's young or a mother of a young child and use them as the people to carry drugs into Singapore."

Malaysian lawyer Ngeow said the Law Minister's statement is tantamount to a "breach of natural justice" by denying Yong a fair and impartial clemency proceeding.

"If it is found that Yong's clemency process has been tainted with bias, the Court of Appeal can order a stay of execution whereby the whole Cabinet can be disqualified from making a decision on Yong's case.

"Given that Singapore's Constitution allows clemency plea for persons sentenced to death, Yong deserves to be reconsidered for a second chance," she pointed out.

In Singapore, although it is the President who has the power to grant pardon, in practice, it is the Cabinet that makes the decision.

On Tuesday (Aug 24), Yong's family handed their own clemency petition, which carried with it more than 100,000 signatures from the Online Petition and Sign Petition in the "Save Vui Kong" campaign, to Security Officer Corporal Marcus Chong who received it on behalf of the President outside the Singapore Istana.

Meanwhile, Tawau MP Chua Soon Bui, who accompanied the family to the Istana, reiterated her call to the Singapore President and the Cabinet to give Yong's case due consideration before making a final decision.

Asked whether he would continue with the "Save Vui Kong" signature campaign in Sabah, Sandakan Campaign Co-ordinator Stephen Wong said he would wait for advice from the lawyers. — Daily Express

</td></tr></tbody></table>

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got to give credit to M Ravi for working very hard for every 'human rights' case but his motive remains questionable and somewhat lack sincerity. As you said, this case does bring in lots of publicity and if Vui Kong was pardoned, he will emerge the "winner".

I am sure Vui Kong do know the strict laws here, hence he was prepared to die. Some opportunists from the Opposition are using this case to showcase Prataman and PAP as "heartless, bloodthirsty murderers". It is natural of SDP to jump on this bandwagon and champion their "human rights" and Western democracy ideals.

I am peeved that the supporters and friends of Vui Kong seems to be blaming the PAP for their problems when it is obviously, the fault of Vui Kong for succumbing to temptations of quick money. Even the parents seem to be shunning their responsibilities and quick to push it to the Govt. Vui Kong is no dumb, naive innocent twit. He did it several times before getting caught and he earned money for that. If he had not been caught, only Heaven can tell whether he will be living in a nice bungalow with many cars while breaking up other families with his drugs.

talk so much cock why not you volunteer to do the hanging?
he is just a kid abit a fucked up one and an idiot
just jail him for life,

the real drug pushers will be the hardened criminals walking around with firearms
try to arrest them ....please

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk so much cock why not you volunteer to do the hanging?
he is just a kid abit a fucked up one and an idiot
just jail him for life,

the real drug pushers will be the hardened criminals walking around with firearms
try to arrest them ....please
Obviously you do not understand. He is not a forced drug mule. If he was forced, then I agree he should be spared. But he was a willing party, and had transported drugs into SG before, hence he deserved to be hanged.

If we keep him alive, then there will be more cases where drug mules will be spared because of this example. Who is going to contribute money to feed them? You. Pay and Pay will never pay from their own pocket. You will probably pay more GST to keep such people alive. It will be interesting to see whether you will still want to keep him alive , seeing how pay is depressed and costs are going up.

I agree that the drug lords are the biggest issues here, but obviously they live in neighbouring ASEAN countries and knowing the corruption of the Police and government there, we can't do anything since we have no jurisdiction.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctujhe4mrXY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctujhe4mrXY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wayang wayang!!

:mad:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is not a forced drug mule. If he was forced, then I agree he should be spared. But he was a willing party, and had transported drugs into SG before, hence he deserved to be hanged.

If we keep him alive, then there will be more cases where drug mules will be spared because of this example. Who is going to contribute money to feed them? You. Pay and Pay will never pay from their own pocket. You will probably pay more GST to keep such people alive.

I agree that the drug lords are the biggest issues here, but obviously they live in neighbouring ASEAN countries and knowing the corruption of the Police and government there, we can't do anything since we have no jurisdiction.

I agree. If he's forced or framed, he should be able to prove it in court. Not a matter for clemency. If the President likes his face and grants clemency over-ruling police investigation and court proceedings, he should change his title to Emperor. That's what Emperors did in ancient days and what our ancestors fought against and died for to remove such powers.

Drug lords aren't the problem. If it's legal or uncontrollable to grow poppies and marijuana etc. in e.g. Myanmar, that's a foreign country. That's their problem, not under our laws, unless we think we could invade Myanmar. Our problem is still people willing to traffick it into Singapore.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. If he's forced or framed, he should be able to prove it in court. Not a matter for clemency. If the President likes his face and grants clemency over-ruling police investigation and court proceedings, he should change his title to Emperor. That's what Emperors did in ancient days and what our ancestors fought against and died for to remove such powers.

Drug lords aren't the problem. If it's legal or uncontrollable to grow poppies and marijuana etc. in e.g. Myanmar, that's a foreign country. That's their problem, not under our laws, unless we think we could invade Myanmar. Our problem is still people willing to traffick it into Singapore.

Those campaigners are still campaigning as though he was forced at gunpoint to be a drug mule. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How do they answer for those who have already served their sentence under the noose?

do you know what is " change " ? singapore goverment system also always change ..health care , CPF , ERP .....there must be a start somewhere to make a change .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beside Law, there should be emotional factor as well, thus the Clemency.

Emotional your head. Clemency is granted for technicality only, nothing to do with emotion. A good example was two British sailors marooned on a little island without food. The elder told the younger it was alright to cook him and eat him since he's older and would die first anyway. The younger one did cook and eat him, and survived. Later he was found and rescued. Back in England, he confessed to murder and cannabalism. He was sentenced to death, then granted royal pardon.