• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yong King of Bhutan Married a Peasant Woman

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PN5mNMUNVcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very very chio.....

Damn strange custom of ceremony:

1. Procession of wedding except of modernized military uniforms no body wear any head dress, no hat crown turban what so ever.
  2. monk seem to be more senior than king -
  3. (video 1min 18 sec) monk can sit there 1st even BEFORE king took his seat
  4. king does not wear his hat / crown most of the time, even when he place crown on queen's head.
  5. king wears crown only for few mins after re-taking seat

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
_56006939_013141129-1.jpg

In this pic she looks like not happy not willing.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bhutan Welcomes NO FT

They drove away 100K Nepalese as illegal immigrants.

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/不丹國王今大婚-兩炸...F0A.aWsOiBnummlumggQRwdANzZWN0aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

不丹國王今大婚 兩炸彈贈興 準王后7歲獲「喜馬拉雅山白馬王子」求婚
明報明報 – 22小時前

【明報專訊】被喻為「喜馬拉雅山白馬王子」的全球最年輕君主、不丹國王基沙爾(Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck)今天大婚,迎娶平民出身的佩馬(Jetsun Pema)。舉國熱鬧雀躍之際,邊城卻現連環土製炸彈襲擊,揭示這喜馬拉雅山小國潛伏的社會不安。

不丹今起全國放假三天,慶賀31歲的基沙爾與21歲的佩馬大婚。這場婚禮在古都普那卡(Punakha)一座17世紀堡壘舉行,由1999年才引入的電視全國直播。雖為王室多年來首辦喜事,但採取「簡單而傳統」的形式,1500位賓客中並無外國元首或王室,除了以「國王朋友」身分出席的國大黨秘書長拉胡爾(Rahul Gandhi)等少數印度政客。

簡單喜宴 1500賓客少政客顯貴

基沙爾揚言婚後奉行一夫一妻制,不會像父王般娶四妻妾。畢業於牛津的他憑溫文爾雅丰采,迷倒許多泰國少女,婚事令無數傾慕者傷心不已。準王后佩馬今年5月才首次公開露面,她中學時代曾是籃球隊長,曾多次贏得演講比賽獎項,多才多藝,現於英國倫敦攝政學院(Regents College)攻讀國際關係,愛好藝術。

她的父親是航空公司機師,家有四兄弟姐妹。她7歲那年,在一次郊遊邂逅當年17歲的王子。基沙爾早前憶述,他當時跪下向佩馬表示,待她長大要娶她。她與國王是同一間中學的師兄妹。

基沙爾2006年底登基,2008年加冕。他矢力推行君主立憲民主,形象親民開明,但國家管治仍與王室有着千絲萬縷的裙帶關係。全國70萬人口中,逾五分一窮人日均花費在5.5港元以下。該國1990年代把尼泊爾少數民族列為「非法移民」,強行把10萬人驅逐出境引發極大爭議。該國平均每六人就有一人流亡,按人均計算,是製造難民最多的國家之一

施襲組織:要國王關注民眾苦難

毗鄰印度的邊鎮普恩特紹林格(Phuentsholing)周一黃昏便發生連環炸彈襲擊。兩枚土製炸彈在跨境通道附近一個鬧市相隔數分鐘爆炸,釀成多人受傷。4年來屢在南部施襲的不丹聯合革命陣線(URFB)稱,施襲是要引起國王「對不丹普羅民眾所受苦難的關注」。

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bhutan Welcomes NO FT

King of Bhutan this wedding gift Hing quasi-two bombs were 7 years old queen "Himalayan Prince Charming" Courtship
Ming Pao, Ming Pao - 22 hours ago

[Ming Pao] has been called "the Himalayas, Prince Charming," the world's youngest monarch, King of Bhutan Ji Shaer (Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck) Today, wedding, marry civilians origin Pema (Jetsun Pema). The whole country excited lively occasion, the border town but is now a chain of improvised explosive devices attacks, reveal the potential of this small Himalayan social unrest.

Bhutan for managing the national three-day holiday to celebrate the 31-year-old Ji Shaer and 21-year-old Pema wedding. The wedding in the ancient capital of Punakha (Punakha) held a 17th century fortress, was introduced by the 1999 national television broadcast. Although the first royal wedding for many years, but adopt a "simple and traditional" forms, 1500 guests there is no foreign heads of state or royal, in addition to the "King of friends" attend the Congress Secretary Rahul (Rahul Gandhi ) and a few other Indian politicians.

1500 guests simple wedding less distinguished politicians

Ji Shaer threatened to pursue monogamous marriage, like a father does not like to marry four wives. He graduated from Oxford with gentle attractions, captured the hearts of many Thai girls, marriage heartbroken so many admirers. Standards only in May this year, Wang Hou Peima first public appearance, she was a high school basketball captain, won numerous awards speech contest, versatile, Regent's College London in the UK now (Regents College) to study international relations, love art.

Her father is airline pilots, families with four brothers and sisters. She was 7 years old, a picnic in the year 17-year-old prince encounter. Ji Shaer recalled earlier, he had knelt down to Pema said that when she grew up to marry her. She is the same school with the king's brother and sister division.

Ji Shaer end of 2006, ascended the throne, crowned in 2008. Vector force to implement his democratic constitutional monarchy, the People First open the image, but the state of governance is still inextricably linked with the royal family nepotism. 70 million people, more than one-fifth of the average daily cost of the poor in less than HK $ 5.5. Nepal, the country's ethnic minorities into the 1990s as "illegal immigrants" and forcibly deport 10 million people caused considerable controversy. The average one person every six people in exile, a per capita basis, is one of the largest refugee-producing.

Organized the attacks: the public attention to the suffering of the King

Adjacent to the Indian border town 普恩特绍林 cells (Phuentsholing) on ​​Monday evening will be a series of deadly bomb attacks. Two homemade bombs in the vicinity of a boundary crossing a few minutes away from downtown explosion, causing injuries. 4 years of repeated attacks, in the southern United Revolutionary Front of Bhutan (URFB) said the attacks is to cause the King, "the suffering of the people is not Dan Puluo attention."

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't think any prince or king would mind marrying this type of peasant. I personally find her to be very attractive :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she dun look pretty, neither does he look handsome...the news reportedly saying he is the most handsome monarch in the world...i was like...sure or not?

at least, he voluntarily abdicate and push for democracy...not alot monarchs do that out of free will.

But Bhutan...is poor but happy....with democracy, you will find its citizens wanting more and realising the country cannot provide...will not remain happy for too long.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come the King machiam a Japanese yakuza boss while his wife looks like a Korean actress? How similar is the genetic makeup of Bhutanese and East Asians such as Japanese and Koreans? All along I had thought that Bhutanese would look more like Southeast Asians e.g Burmese or Cambodian. :confused:

I think they and the tibetians are probably very similar. Something like japs to koreans perhaps?

One thing for sure is if they were to go to japan for eg nobody would think they came from bhutan. I think the same applies to certain parts of china.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
she dun look pretty, neither does he look handsome...the news reportedly saying he is the most handsome monarch in the world...i was like...sure or not?

I feel your comment is fair. The media likes to 'po lampar'. If he was not a monarch, nobody would have said he was handsome. People tend to mistake fame for handsome. Just like the media in Taiwan has convinced many young taiwanese girls that this kind of look is handsome:

default.jpg

As for the Queen, she is young and radiant, and that, too many people, is pretty.

jw5

Loyal
I feel your comment is fair. The media likes to 'po lampar'. If he was not a monarch, nobody would have said he was handsome. People tend to mistake fame for handsome. Just like the media in Taiwan has convinced many young taiwanese girls that this kind of look is handsome:

Another taiwanese guy is Blue Lan.

The bride looks a little like Kelly Lin. Where is MCH? :biggrin:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
the King had met Pema first time during a family trip when he was 17 and she was 7:eek:. The then-prince got down on his knees and said, “When you grow up, if I am single and not married and if you are single and not married, I would like you to be my wife, provided we still feel the same,” he told students in August.