• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yishun coffee shop sold for $40 million in 2022 goes up in flames; 1 person injured

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/y...-40-million-2022-goes-flames-1-person-injured

Yishun coffee shop sold for $40 million in 2022 goes up in flames; 1 person injured​

010923_yishun%20coffeeshop%20fire_straits%20times.jpg

PHOTO: Screengrab/TikTok/Sgjeff007
PUBLISHED ONSEPTEMBER 01, 2023 9:55 AMBySARAH KOH

SINGAPORE – One person was left with minor burns and 19 others self-evacuated after a fire broke out at a coffee shop in Yishun early on Thursday (Aug 31) morning.
A video posted on TikTok by user Sgjeff007 showed bright orange flames on top of a two-storey building, before firefighters arrived to put out the fire.

The coffee shop, which is located on the first storey of Block 848 Yishun Street 81, was sold for $40 million in June 2022 to Chang Cheng Group.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the fire at about 2.10am on Thursday.
Firefighters used a water jet to extinguish the blaze, which was in one of the kitchens in the coffee shop.

About 19 people had self-evacuated before the firefighters arrived. One person with minor burns declined to be taken to the hospital, said the SCDF.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.
ST has contacted Chang Cheng Group for comment.
----------
BVmLmMK.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can somebody please explain to a fellow samster how the fuck can a HDB coffeeshop worth 40 million?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
30 million is scam fees for assorted departments and divisions......
Can elaborate? I smell this is a ploy to launder money although I can't really point a finger where. And the fire sounds like arson to me for getting insurance payout.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet dirty Tiong money was involved in one way or another. :cool:

1) Acquire kopitiam with an absurd amount of money.

2) All hawkers leave due to high rent.

3) Set fire, claim insurance, huat ah.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
probably default on the bank loan too......
spore does not execute scammers thats why we become scam centre

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, Chang Cheng Group's 'kopitiams' are proliferating across the island.

Just another non-aircon food court run by a F&B crony. See also: S11, Kim San Leng, Koufu, Kopitiam Group etc. :cool:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
probably default on the bank loan too......
spore does not execute scammers thats why we become scam centre

The ruling class are scammers themselves e.g. ERP, GRC, tripartism, operational readiness, social compact. Snake oil merchants and bullshit peddlers.

Get to the root of the problem. :cool:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it's leelated to the current high-profile tiong money-laundering case I won't be surprised at all...

Last edited: