• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yippee!! 2012 National Day Parade still on track after Colonel Yau's resignation!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NDP show preparations still on track

20120313.113217_ndp.jpg

AsiaOne
Tuesday, Mar 13, 2012

The organisers of this year's National Day Parade (NDP) have re-affirmed that this year's preparations are on track despite the abrupt change in leadership.

Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Chief Guards Officer, Colonel Nelson Yau Thian Hock, had resigned from his post, leaving the Organising Committee of the NDP 2012 without a leader.

The Colonel, who is the Commander for the 21 Division, tendered his resignation for 'personal reasons'.

The NDP organising committee's deputy chairman Tay Book Khai said that preparations are not delayed in any way.
Rehearsals are scheduled to take place in April.

The budget and concept have been approved by the National Day Celebrations Committee, and plans for costumes and props have also been approved.

The new head of the NDP Organising Committee is likely to be Colonel Desmond Tan, who is the public affairs director of Mindef.

The 41-year-old infantry-trained officer is expected to meet representatives from organisations and companies approached to sponsor NDP 2012.

One firm which has been involved in previous NDP celebrations told The Straits Times that there are unlikely to be drastic changes, even with a new person in charge, because the support structure for NDP celebrations had already been well-established.

Speculation has been rife over Col Yau's sudden departure. Some websites said he could be fielded as a candidate for the People's Action Party at the Hougang single-member constituency when a by-election is called. Others said he might be ill.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank God.....lucky we got a PAP govt that always plans for succession and continuity!
This year's NDP will see our new president preside over the ceremony......can't wait!
I feel so proud to be united with my fellow 60.1% of patriotic sinkies to celebrate this momentous day!
Three Cheers For Singapore! Three Cheers For PAP!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lol, who cares? I will be away with the family having a good time in another country.

hi there

1. me too!
2. i just need some good rest.
3. don't bother me who take the plunge doing such thing in the public.
4. what a big yawn!

You idiots don't know the good show you'll be missing.

Nevermind, more seats for grateful foreign talents to enjoy.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who cares about who's in charge of the NDP OC?

What's inside the fun pack this year? Now that's what I wanna know! :rolleyes:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who cares about who's in charge of the NDP OC?

What's inside the fun pack this year? Now that's what I wanna know! :rolleyes:

yeah! I'm so excited I can't help humming to this again!!

Oh o o o o o o o o
Time for the fun pack song
Oh o o o o o o o o
We like the fun pack song
Let's start with the bag
That's right, grab your bag
It's the fun pack bag
Attack the fun pack

(REPEAT)
Hold up your flag, don't you forget
You can wave it if you feel like it
Let's wave the flag