• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaacob:- Mas Selamat's family should have betray him to the authority

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nov 23, 2010
parliament
Yaacob: I'm very disappointed, but good work must go on
ST_IMAGES_P1BLURBS23_8.jpg

There can be no excuse or sufficient explanation that will help us get over the disappointment, said Dr Yaacob. -- ST FILE PHOTO

THIS is the text of Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs Yaacob Ibrahim's statement on the fact that Mas Selamat's family members had aided him in his escape:

'I am very disappointed with what has been revealed.

Harbouring is a very serious offence - more so when it involves a wanted fugitive who was a threat to the whole country - at a time when everyone was deeply concerned and actively looking out for him.

There can be no excuse or sufficient explanation that will help us get over the disappointment.

I am disappointed because we know that Singaporeans from all backgrounds have come together since 2002 - the Malay/Muslim community very prominently - to keep the lid on the danger of terrorism: reporting suspicious activity, counselling detainees, supporting their spouses and children, going out to the public to disabuse any notion that violence against the innocent is tolerated in Islam, and so on.

We have also come together to build strong ties among faith leaders, and among fellow Singaporeans at the neighbourhoods and communities.

So there is tremendous disappointment.

But we accept it and the good work at all levels must continue.

So we continue to build understanding and confidence, and enhance safety and security to emerge from this episode stronger as a society.'

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Mat talking shit out of his mouth again, Melayus usually don't betray their own family unless they are some hard core drug addicts or pervert :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Blood is thicker than water. :rolleyes: The govt obviously wants Singapore to operate along the lines of the Stasi with family members spying on each other.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Mat talking shit out of his mouth again, Melayus usually don't betray their own family unless they are some hard core drug addicts or pervert :biggrin:

If Mas Selamet didn't BaoToh (betray) his relatives I guess we wouldnt know who has help him...

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Mas Selamet didn't BaoToh (betray) his relatives I guess we wouldnt know who has help him...

please la, Mas selamat didn't betray his family, read carefully, the police couldnt obtain from Mas how he swam to malaysia, it means Mas is prepare to die keeping his mouth shut, as for his relatives, very easy, just tell them, "mas has told us everything, I give you last chance to admit", everything come out liao. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal
if that MAS is Yaacob's small brother , will he report to the police. blood is alway thicker then water,bird brain..

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Minister obviously cannot understand about betrayal. I am sure if Mas Selamat is his brother, mother or father, he will be the first to report him. I have to admit, I cannot betray my family no matter what. The best I can do is not get involve and turn him away, as my own family members will be affected. It is very unfortunate for the family but I believe if they were to have to do it again, they probably will, even at the price they had to pay. I hope this experience may not turn them to follow Mas Selamat's idealogy. The fact is, the family most probably has no future here after their prison term.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Mas Selamat didn't tell, then how the poodles find out that he was assisted by the family members? I doubt anyone would know unless those involved has a big mouth.

please la, Mas selamat didn't betray his family, read carefully, the police couldnt obtain from Mas how he swam to malaysia, it means Mas is prepare to die keeping his mouth shut, as for his relatives, very easy, just tell them, "mas has told us everything, I give you last chance to admit", everything come out liao. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Mas Selamat didn't tell, then how the poodles find out that he was assisted by the family members? I doubt anyone would know unless those involved has a big mouth.

just summon all the relatives back for a follow up interview, then use the standard template lor

"Mas has told us everything already, we give you one last chance to speak out"

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think so too...it's the same logic,if PM did wrong,don't you think LKY will cover and help his son?:rolleyes::biggrin:

But on the other hand, Mas is trying to bomb Spore, so he is dangerous cos' his mind already been brainwashed by the terrorists. However, i think his family still deserve my respect. I have always like malays cos' of their this kind of family bonding. whenever, hari raya, i see the whole family, big and small go out in lorries or pick-ups, very heart soothening. I will not hesitate to help any malay friends if they need me but definitely not for those malays high up there.

there is no right or wrong,in the eyes of the law, to be or not to be.
sorry if i offended any malays up there cos this is really how i felt for your pple.

Blood is thicker than water. :rolleyes: The govt obviously wants Singapore to operate along the lines of the Stasi with family members spying on each other.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i am his family members, i will have said that if i reported him to police. He will surely come back and seek revenge since he has escape. We are only doing this out of fear then trying to help him escape. They can also said that , he had snatched money and personal belonging from them. He has done the impersonation himself.

One of them must have scumble to police empty threat and spill the beans on his family members ! If they have the evidence , they will sue straight away. They wont waste time with you. That is Singapore police.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. aiyoh! it is just some wayang wayang man!
2. blah, blah and more blahs.
3. no bite too!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How many can you interview in one day? After day one, those interviewed will exchange notes with those going the next day. You think this method will work? A few suspect maybe but for all his relative? I doubt so.

just summon all the relatives back for a follow up interview, then use the standard template lor

"Mas has told us everything already, we give you one last chance to speak out"

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i am his family members, i will have said that if i reported him to police. He will surely come back and seek revenge since he has escape. We are only doing this out of fear then trying to help him escape. They can also said that , he had snatched money and personal belonging from them. He has done the impersonation himself.

One of them must have scumble to police empty threat and spill the beans on his family members ! If they have the evidence , they will sue straight away. They wont waste time with you. That is Singapore police.

how scared do u think they were? the way they carried out things like the tudung disguise and giving Mas things that were handy for camping? someone must have thought this up

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
One MSK escaped, a family of relatives get jailed, the witch hunt goes on
to cover up the incompetency of the bearucracy, after all these finger
pointing, people will ask back the same question..

"WHO LET THE DOG OUT?"
"woof ? woof ? Woof ? Woof ? WOOF ! WOOF !" (barking is optional)

i think so too...it's the same logic,if PM did wrong,don't you think LKY will cover and help his son?:rolleyes::biggrin:

But on the other hand, Mas is trying to bomb Spore, so he is dangerous cos' his mind already been brainwashed by the terrorists. However, i think his family still deserve my respect. I have always like malays cos' of their this kind of family bonding. whenever, hari raya, i see the whole family, big and small go out in lorries or pick-ups, very heart soothening. I will not hesitate to help any malay friends if they need me but definitely not for those malays high up there.

there is no right or wrong,in the eyes of the law, to be or not to be.
sorry if i offended any malays up there cos this is really how i felt for your pple.

habika

The above statement is seen to be contradictory. The situation is very critical and need an experience complainer to resolve it. Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done. This conversation is going no where. It’s lacking the place of a good leader to head the things to come out on conclusion
==============================
Internet Banking

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One MSK escaped, a family of relatives get jailed, the witch hunt goes on
to cover up the incompetency of the bearucracy, after all these finger
pointing, people will ask back the same question..

"WHO LET THE DOG OUT?"
"woof ? woof ? Woof ? Woof ? WOOF ! WOOF !" (barking is optional)

Who was that person who was in charge, and still is around collecting a fat salary....should be tar & feathered...:o

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who was that person who was in charge, and still is around collecting a fat salary....should be tar & feathered...:o

you mean ah seng ?
now they all divert the blame to the family.
ah seng happy happy drinking out there..

KNNBCCB :oIo:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaacob: I'm very disappointed, but good work must go on

There can be no excuse or sufficient explanation that will help us get over the disappointment, said Dr Yaacob. -- ST FILE PHOTO

'I am very disappointed with what has been revealed.

There can be no excuse or sufficient explanation that will help us get over the disappointment.

I am disappointed because we know that Singaporeans from all backgrounds have come together since 2002 - the Malay/Muslim community very

So there is tremendous disappointment.

Disappointment is the word.
dis he not know that we citizens are more disappointed with him????

1. Every year he travels all over Asia to address the HAZE; and we still
got it.
2. over the continued flooding in the city.

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAPpies only have a few phrases to divert blame from their incompetence :-
- disappointment
- we were caught off guard
- let's move on
- it was an act of God

We should give them a strong message at the next GE by voting out the fools such as shorty Wong, pinky Loong, Viv and Yaacob. We certainly know who are the ones at fault and should be blamed for all that has gone wrong.