• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WTF! WP Accepts 2 NCMP Posts. Self Serving Memeber QUITS! LOL!!!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low and Lim hated the NCMP idea as specified in their Manifesto. Nwo they want to take it. Breaking promises so fast?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low and Lim hated the NCMP idea as specified in their Manifesto. Nwo they want to take it. Breaking promises so fast?

I have their 63-page manifesto right in front of me and I'm not sure what you are referring to. On page 10, it says this:
B. 4.
Group Representation Constituencies should be abolished as they dilute the individual voter's voice. Instead the elections should be run on single seats. The Non-Constituency MP (NCMP) scheme would then be unnecessary.

In fact the above appears to be an implicit recognition of the NCMP scheme as long as GRCs exist.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have their 63-page manifesto right in front of me and I'm not sure what you are referring to. On page 10, it says this:

In fact the above appears to be an implicit recognition of the NCMP scheme as long as GRCs exist.

It implies that the NCMP scheme is already stupid. Low himself said it is "rootless" and "doesn' t represent any constituency" and yet he is taking it up.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
It implies that the NCMP scheme is already stupid. Low himself said it is "rootless" and "doesn' t represent any constituency" and yet he is taking it up.

You said their manifesto claimed something. I have showed you that it claimed very much the reverse. I will leave it there.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole is just a good PR

389DE27C44DFA6997A46934CC6E03D.jpg

There was an argument between me and my ex-colleague regarding Nicole Seah. I stated that Nicole Seah must change her strategy to woo in more crowd and not just for the lower class minority or constantly focusing on bread and butter issues. I stated that she is a great PR but not a politician. To be a good politician, you have to be like the strong woman Mrs Clinton but not that iron lady Margaret Thatcher. Watch chain wanted her to advertise their products. She has that X-factor like Liu Bei but she lacks people like ZhuGe Liang and good warriors to execute her plans into actions. Organisation ! And not just an image. Be like Hewlete Packard ! Thrust WP out and become the number 1.

Do take note that, SDP is still a good brand.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nicole is just a good PR

389DE27C44DFA6997A46934CC6E03D.jpg

There was an argument between me and my ex-colleague regarding Nicole Seah. I stated that Nicole Seah must change her strategy to woo in more crowd and not just for the lower class minority or constantly focusing on bread and butter issues. I stated that she is a great PR but not a politician. To be a good politician, you have to be like the strong woman Mrs Clinton but not that iron lady Margaret Thatcher. Watch chain wanted her to advertise their products. She has that X-factor like Liu Bei but she lacks people like ZhuGe Liang and good warriors to execute her plans into actions. Organisation ! And not just an image. Be like Hewlete Packard ! Thrust WP out and become the number 1.

Do take note that, SDP is still a good brand.

Nicole needs to have a scandal to be even more popular

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ultimately he wants the NCMP post to go.. Yet he santched it.

He should. Else he'll have the strange noises coming from General of the Army (minus 9 ranks) Goh Meng Seng's Nicole Seah party. By taking the two seats, and when Lina learns to shut up (or to read Benjamin Pwee's speeches) he'll have the opposition bench speaking in virtually one voice.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should. Else he'll have the strange noises coming from General of the Army (minus 9 ranks) Goh Meng Seng's Nicole Seah party. By taking the two seats, and when Lina learns to shut up (or to read Benjamin Pwee's speeches) he'll have the opposition bench speaking in virtually one voice.

When you don't believe in the system pre GE and suddenly like it post GE tells you how terrible a promise-maker you are

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you don't believe in the system pre GE and suddenly like it post GE tells you how terrible a promise-maker you are

Even if they didn't want the seat, they should take it and then resign. Otherwise Generalissimo (minus 10 ranks) Goh can push his strange agenda through Nicole.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if they didn't want the seat, they should take it and then resign. Otherwise Generalissimo (minus 10 ranks) Goh can push his strange agenda through Nicole.

If the seat somehow reaches the NSP queue, Nicole Seah won't get it. GMS has already promised NCMP priority for Malay, remember? He'll cause a Malay revolt or even riot if he renegade on it.

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
My respect for WP has gone down.
All the while, they said NCMP is bad, no good. But when offered, talk.
Double talk and double standards.

He seems to be another self serving politician like Lim Hwee Hua and Tin Pei Ling. Cannot set aside differences for the greater good of the party and people. There is bound to be fighting of the limited NCMP posts that are within the GRC team though. Mr Low and Ms Lim have the right to choose who they deem fit for their needs.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Eric cannot put his party before himself, then he should go. He quit because he is embarassed after what he said to media. I remember he said that if WP decide to take the NCMP post for his team, he would most likely be the one choosen. Now suddenly Giam was given, he lose face mah. Not betrayed.

After his services are exhausted, he is of no use to the party now - so WP simply chucks him away. That's WP party for you! He will not be the last to be treated this way.

Ashinigami

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do people think that politics means helping others other than one's own party? Even long term members are expendable in the push for political supremacy. If people wanna quibble, in the first place LTK rejected the scenario of accepting the NCMP seat for HIMSELF, not for his party.

What WP has done in accepting and appointing Giam is the ONLY responsible thing to do as a political party. If Nicole Seah wants the NCMP seat (which she did not state mind you so it's only people who probably did NOT vote for her begging on her behalf) then she should have joined a politically superior party. If Eric Tan expected to be appointed to the NCMP seat then he should have fought for the Sec-Gen / Chairman post or consolidated better support amongst the CEC, lacking which he should have done more to get ELECTED and save himself this needless drama over an empty shell of a post. If NSP expected some "tai kor" or big brother looking after, then they need to wake the eff up. This is politics, not charity.

quincey_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
After his services are exhausted, he is of no use to the party now - so WP simply chucks him away. That's WP party for you! He will not be the last to be treated this way.

Well if u look at Myo's forum posts before, you can see where his/her allegiances lie. Since when did Myo felt sympathy for Eric before all of this? It is just plain sophistry taking hold, to home in on the sentiments of sympathy for Eric Tan and divide the opposition camp. Does he/she really give a shit about Eric Tan? hell no! This is another clear example of sympathizers of the ruling establishment exploiting any perceived frailty of the opposition camp to further strengthen their stranglehold on power. Do not be dubbed!

quincey_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can get exposure in other forms. Help Low and Lim with research.

And wad can they get out of that? Name recognition? The electorate votes for familiarity, and if last week's results are any indication, candidates with a mixture of youth and experience are popular with the electorate. I am not trivializing Eric Tan's experience as a politician, but precisely because Eric is already an established personality in opposition politics, his ascension to the NCMP post will not reap as much benefits for the party as having an up and coming individual like Gerald Giam taking the seat if you look at it from the bigger picture. Is it better to have Eric the NCMP playing Atlas next GE and single handedly helm the East Coast GRC Team, or will it have been better to have an old hand like Eric to be part of a team together with Gerald Giam who will have attained greater name recognition by then? Sadly, Eric has chosen his course, but sticking with Gerald Giam is still the right thing to do because he together with Yaw Shin Leong, Glenda Han and Pritam Singh represent the future of the party; the four which will face down PAPs 4th generational leadership. For those who feel sorry for Eric Tan (I am not saying it is unjustified), think about these considerations before u lambast the WP CEC for making the decision they did.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't Silvia an NCMP?

So what talking you? I think WP is against GRC and NCMP idea. What LTK said was that if he lost he would not take up position as NCMP. That is entirely within his right.

But since ruling party wants to continue GRC then of course WP should take all seats it is entitled. The more MP and NCMP they have in parliament, they more they can talk about issue - because the MPs can keep bring it up. So if they have 5 MP and 2 NCMP, they can bring up the matter 7 times and use their alotted time to put togther the whole message.

At end of day, citizens wants more voice in parliament. Unfortunate that Lina Chiam is NCMP because she may not be quick enough for the parliamental debate. But then that is the way the rules were going in.

Pretty happy that we now have CSM, Silvia and Singh in parliament. 3 lawyers and they appear to speak well.

MM has always spoken about bilingual. I think CSM is fluent in both Mandarin and English and that will serve him well.