• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP's Poh: I'm the unofficial backup plan

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120516-0000106/WPs-Poh--Im-the-unofficial-backup-plan

SINGAPORE - Speaking exclusively to Today, Workers' Party member Poh Lee Guan called himself the party's "unofficial spare candidate" for Nomination Day.

"The party didn't know about it," he admitted, hinting that the leadership did not agree with this view. "It was a unilateral move."

He added: "I'm a business professor. I always teach my students there must be backup plans. There is strength in diversity.

"My move was in support of party, to make sure they hold on to Hougang."

When asked if he was afraid the WP will take action against him, with suggestions he might be given the boot, Dr Poh said: "We'll see about that later, but I'm doing this for the party."

Dr Poh, who was speaking about two blocks away from the Serangoon Junior College Nomination Centre, had been mooted as a possible candidate when the Elections Department sent out a press release yesterday naming him as one of four people who had requested and received a Political Donation Certificate. Dr Poh told Today he was surprised that it was publicly announced.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120516-0000106/WPs-Poh--Im-the-unofficial-backup-plan

SINGAPORE - Speaking exclusively to Today, Workers' Party member Poh Lee Guan called himself the party's "unofficial spare candidate" for Nomination Day.

"The party didn't know about it," he admitted, hinting that the leadership did not agree with this view. "It was a unilateral move."

He added: "I'm a business professor. I always teach my students there must be backup plans. There is strength in diversity..

If everyone thinks highly of himself, he sees no leader except his own ego. Every good politician must know where his place is, who his leader was and than follow a standard code of protocol set down by the party he chose.

GMS left WP to lead NSP, Hazel left RP to lead NSP, Tan JS left SDP to lead PE, CST handover to his wife, LKY wanted his son to be PM, Ong Ah Heng pass baton to his son, Choo Wee Kiang passed baton to his nephew. All these self-centre drive, unhumble politicians are doing Singapore no good. If I am in a battle led by any of the above, I would rather surrender to the enemy than to die slowly under my own leader. The greed and power struggle of human is the weakest link that fail even the most tough person. I have no respect for the words called: unilateral move. It has all the negative connotations it, like a defiance kid screaming at their parents "I will do whatever I want, don't stop me" as if he can answer for himself and will not hurt his parents who gave birth to him.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Dr.Poh did reflected very badly on WP.
There is a lot of problem with LTK's leadership.

I predicted earlier that Chen will move on after this term or take over WP. Lets just see ok?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Dr.Poh did reflected very badly on WP.
There is a lot of problem with LTK's leadership.

I predicted earlier that Chen will move on after this term or take over WP. Lets just see ok?

I agree with you. Something is not right with WP at this moment and LTK's denial to the media is hardly convincing.

CSM takes over WP? Now that's new. You got intel? :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I've said this before and I'll say it again.... thank goodness the WP is not running Singapore. It would be an absolute disaster.

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK say no party split to the media...Maybe not that serious until party split la...But internal conflicts maybe.

Lets see if Poh will get expelled or not

Last edited:

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've said this before and I'll say it again.... thank goodness the WP is not running Singapore. It would be an absolute disaster.

And who do you think you are ? A God that knows future ?? Just be your administrator. Whether absolute disaster is no longer your business since you are not in Singapore or not a singaporean. You should focus your SEX ADULT Sites money makiing and focusing more on moderation or IP address banning. Why waste time on politicial ?

Low Thia Kiang is also a another joker. They all follow him.

Then Kinana is a CLOWN. Why ? Because the only thing you can do here is to bash WP image by posting Shits replies. Can you do a better job than Sylvia lim or LTK or CSM ? If not, just shut the Fu#k up quietly and enjoy this forum.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You should focus your SEX ADULT Sites money makiing and focusing more on moderation or IP address banning. Why waste time on politicial ?

Adult sites are very lucrative but they are not my cup of tea and I wouldn't want to get involved in smut.

My job is to run this site and I will continue to do so to the best of my ability.

Then Kinana is a CLOWN. Why ? Because the only thing you can do here is to bash WP image by posting Shits replies. Can you do a better job than Sylvia lim or LTK or CSM ? If not, just shut the Fu#k up quietly and enjoy this forum.

He is welcome to say whatever he wants. I appreciate diversity of opinion.

PS: Please remove items 1 and 2 of your signature viz :

Kinana ===> Enjoy Peeping OLD Women Bathing
eek.gif

Kinana LOVES to SMELL and LICK Grandmother Panties
redface.gif

The contents disgust me. You can keep item 3.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you. Something is not right with WP at this moment and LTK's denial to the media is hardly convincing.

CSM takes over WP? Now that's new. You got intel? :biggrin:

Nope, its only logical.
From his speech, we can see that Chen is a very ambitious guy. Would a guy of his stature be satisfied working under an obviously low calibre boss like LTK?
Chen will either quit after this term or take over leadership in WP. WP will not go far under LTK. He is already 56, its time to move on and allow young blood to take over WP.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, its only logical.
From his speech, we can see that Chen is a very ambitious guy. Would a guy of his stature be satisfied working under an obviously low calibre boss like LTK?
Chen will either quit after this term or take over leadership in WP. WP will not go far under LTK. He is already 56, its time to move on and allow young blood to take over WP.

I'm not sure I see CSM as ambitious but clearly his level of intellect is many cuts above the usual WP people. I would say his intellect is many cuts above many PAP people. Of course, mere intellect does not make you a successful politician. His political acumen is not tested so far, so really can't say.

LTK at 56 is too old? You got to be kidding. Next time you attend your party meeting, see if you meet that person who's definitely above 56? LOL :biggrin:

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the beginning, i was anticipating a straight fight between Ah Huat & Demon Chu only. then, when 玻璃贯 & 曾国元 joined in the picture... i felt that there were more infernal affairs ongoing than meets the eye.

hypothetically, if 玻璃贯 was the undisclosed shadow substitute for Ah Huat, in the event that Ah Huat never made it to nomination center... then, i suppose 曾国元 must be the undisclosed shadow substitute for Demon Chu. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not sir? Even NS teaches that.
You studied in Cambridge business school?

Yes, I studied that in school too but it says if you have any plan, you need to seek approval if you work in group or that decision is going to impact the group eventually. The only exception that you don't need to seek approval is when - you work alone and don't carry other people brand with you. I wonder how he gotten his professor status.

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how he gotten his professor status.

Exactly. In a way, you've to agree with the anti-WP group that there're indeed some really odd people with WP. We wouldn't know that YSL, Sajeev and now PLG are such characters until the incidents exploded/imploded. But we must wonder whether there are other such people within WP?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly. In a way, you've to agree with the anti-WP group that there're indeed some really odd people with WP. We wouldn't know that YSL, Sajeev and now PLG are such characters until the incidents exploded/imploded. But we must wonder whether there are other such people within WP?

No one can tell, but they slowly emerged which is a good sign like a pus finally erupted. Otherwise nobody know how many pain-in-the neck are still hidden. LTK really has good foresight and great judge of character. He didn't choose Poh to contest HG for a reason and Poh got trapped (by his own action). SL didn't elect Sajeev for a reason and Sajeev has provened SL is right. I would say the current collective leadership are streetsmart people and they can tell who is power-hungry. Thus no loss to them if any of such people get sacked or resigned on their own. The development look pretty positive for me.