• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Town council called police when shopkeepers went to meet TC staff!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the hawkers in her ward requested her town council, AHPeTC, to discharge its obligation to conduct spring cleaning of the hawker center, #AHPeTC attempted to double charge the hawkers for scaffolding to clean area higher than 2.5m.

Now it is reported that AHPeTC has resorted to renting out a communal space that was meant for community events to conduct trade fair almost weekly since April 2013 at a fee of about $70000 for a 2 week period. A 70 days X’mas & New Year fair is now under way. Nevermind the livelihood of the neighborhood shopkeepers. AHPeTC HUAT AH!

When the shopkeepers attempted to petitioned AHPeTC against the frequent trade fairs, AHPeTC repsonded by calling the police who left without intervening.

And just like the Hawker Center saga, Ms Sylvia Lim and AHPeTC refuses to consult, meet or negotiate with the affected shopkeepers.

Alamak, why you just parrot the PAP lines. The facts are there for all to see; if you can't see the holes in the PAP bylines, you are just plain stupid.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should I help the WP? My hope is that they disappear from the political landscape as soon as possible. If I do help, it will be to help the PAP destroy the WP.

So, you don't actually believe in meritocracy after all. You just want the PAP. Why don't you start a PAP in NZ so that you can enjoy them there?

In the meantime, if they can't do the job of running a town council properly, they should hand the ward over to the PAP to manage.
They are running the ward so well ...lowest fees, lower prices of goods because of increase competition, delinquent residents are treated with compassion. PAP runs wards like business and squeezing the residents while giving minimal in return.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
high rentals are killing businesses......these hawkers barking up the wrong tree.

It's a very Singaporean thing to go after the easier tree, never mind if it is the right or wrong tree. There was a global survey that surprisingly revealed that Singaporeans were not the biggest complainers in the world, but explained that many things were not heard because Singaporeans were no. 1 in complaining to the wrong departments.

Either the shops think that WP is more receptive or easier to push over. When PAP ran the TC, the stalls were already there and they were unhappy but they chose only to bring it up when WP is in charge. Aided by PAP and SPH, of course. PAP is known for jailing and intimidating people while WP has democratic principles to live up to. Maybe that is why.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another attack, what's new? Come to Jurong West St 52 near the hawker centre, chances are you will find a pasar malam. Why store keepers don't complain?

You are right. Makeshift businesses have been all around Singapore which consisted mostly PAP wards by default, but when WP won a ward, PAP pretended to speak up for these shops against a WP TC when this issue was left behind by the PAP TC.

The equivalent version at national level is if the WP govt comes into power and the opposition PAP starts to campaign to abolish GRCs and ISA.

Hypocrites as they say comes without borders.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing wrong with being pro business. Without businesses, there would be no employment.

Oh yes, don't complain about other people doing business.

It fair and square. If you are smart, you can win lots of business. Don't you agree with me ? If your brick and Motar store is not generating money. You can rent it out to other suckers then. You can sit down and collect rental and if you think Trade fairs is making more money, you too can join trade fairs.

There is no politics involve ! It just plain business.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky always makes good on this promise of his. :wink:

A vindictive, petty bastard just like his father.

[video=youtube;a1WhJKsYb50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1WhJKsYb50[/video]

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Observations:

1. The whole episode smacks of plasters with the letters "PAP" everywhere. PAP advisor and PA grassroots involved. No shyness to conceal their affiliations this time. Disappointing to see the very same politicking PAP often tells opposition to stay away from. If this goes on I am sure fence sitters will be stirred.

2. Which makeshift outlet does not take business away from nearby concrete outlets. Might as well ban all pasar malams and pushcarts which PAP govt had allowed since time immemorial. Anyone remembers the frequent pasars by the RCs/CCs grassroots and some shops also went to PAP to complain but who did not do anything.

3. Despite all the hard work and ease of access to petition by the sycophant forces, it managed to get only 25 out of 60 shops to support. Why did the other 35 stay away and it is very telling.

4. No one will invoke the police unless the mob had behaved threateningly at the TC's gates. Which brings me to the point that these sycophant cowards will not even dare walk past the bus stop outside MOT's office if Lui decides to increase ERP. PAP they scared and want to carry balls, WP they try to bully. Very telling the kind of people that serves them.

The one with the dyed hair, is a "samseng", why doesn't the rest of the Handphone shops around there complain that, they have loss of business, due to the frequent trade fairs?? This is normal, for there are Deepavali, Christmas & soon Lunar New Year coming..it is round the year thing...
All you need is to go there & ask around.....you will get the picture...once again, the trade fairs that are held in front of the "samseng" part rental stall is right in front of HDB Area Office...if his rental he can not sustain, due to the competition from the itinerary trade sellers...he should have gone to HDB Office...."samseng" dare not march into HDB Area Office... NO BALLS!!

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbfuck opposition supporting retards keep trying to link PA into this. If it wasn't for the PA, those poor helpless hawkers and shopkeepers in this case and the cleaning saga would have no avenue to air their grievances. True Blue Locals stuck under WP oppression have to reach out to the PA to get the govt to teach WP a lesson. I pity those who live under the tyranny of AHPETC

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a very Singaporean thing to go after the easier tree, never mind if it is the right or wrong tree. There was a global survey that surprisingly revealed that Singaporeans were not the biggest complainers in the world, but explained that many things were not heard because Singaporeans were no. 1 in complaining to the wrong departments.

Either the shops think that WP is more receptive or easier to push over. When PAP ran the TC, the stalls were already there and they were unhappy but they chose only to bring it up when WP is in charge. Aided by PAP and SPH, of course. PAP is known for jailing and intimidating people while WP has democratic principles to live up to. Maybe that is why.

Asked HDB to lower down the rental then.
If the shops are pte owned, then it high time to do some rental adjustment ! Demand and supply Tio Bo ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky always makes good on this promise of his. :wink:

A vindictive, petty bastard just like his father.

[video=youtube;a1WhJKsYb50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1WhJKsYb50[/video]

Poor thing. Now that his dad is wheelchair bound & senile & GCT "unofficially" retired, he has to do more to fix the opposition :biggrin:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ass Loong is very busy.....thinking of ways to fix opposition. Hopefully, he will find some spare time to do real work such as help the poor (not by raising GST!)

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, you don't actually believe in meritocracy after all. You just want the PAP. Why don't you start a PAP in NZ so that you can enjoy them there?

They are running the ward so well ...lowest fees, lower prices of goods because of increase competition, delinquent residents are treated with compassion. PAP runs wards like business and squeezing the residents while giving minimal in return.

Dumbfuck opposition supporting retard

This is hard truth about how WP runs their ward

Give most expensive Town Council contract in Singapore to good friend

Charge Hawkers extra money for Free services

Rent out open space weekly to earn more money

Exploit Foreign workers as cleaners

Refuse to increase pay of low wage staff

Call Police to arrest anyone who block their 财路

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbfuck opposition supporting retards keep trying to link PA into this. If it wasn't for the PA, those poor helpless hawkers and shopkeepers in this case and the cleaning saga would have no avenue to air their grievances. True Blue Locals stuck under WP oppression have to reach out to the PA to get the govt to teach WP a lesson. I pity those who live under the tyranny of AHPETC

I like to complain about the frequent Pasar Malams in PAP areas, can you get PA to help me raise the matter? I also want a written article by the Straits Times with my photo.

Please see my attached photo:
PpvID.gif

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will voraciously litter in the PAP wards that I go to. In the WP estates, I will be ever so civic-minded and throw all litter in the rubbish bin.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you dumb or what? If we look at what PAP has done, it makes WP pale in comparison.

This is hard truth about how PAP works.

Give most expensive town council software system in Singapore to a $2 company owned by their former MPs

Charge Singaporeans extra money for everything

They not only rent out open space weekly to earn more money, they are the one who first started it. They hand out communal areas to run PAP kindergartens and CCs to run profit making activities for PA.

No, I'm sure PAP never exploit foreign workers at all, Clearly they are very ethical, they hire 'foreign talent' and pay them poverty wages to clean the floor. There is a difference, WP hires workers, PAP hires talents.

The government linked unions led by our very own Minister of PMO, Toothpick Lim also refuse to support raising the pay of low wage workers in Singapore. He says its 'very risky', and insists on more productivity gains from the most overworked workers on the planet.

PAP don't even arrest anyone who block their 财路, they send them to jail immediately, no need court one. You ask the former ISA detainees. They even feel threatened when people ridicule them. Must hunt down hackers who poke fun at them.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since hard fact-bricatons are so easy to come by, why stop at 6? I can help you with the rest - taking billions from TC funds as salaries, awarding MPs land in Aljunied for low prices, demolishing 4 Hougang blocks to make way for WP HQ, arresting GMS in Aljunied prison such that he can't post here anymore.

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since hard fact-bricatons are so easy to come by, why stop at 6? I can help you with the rest - taking billions from TC funds as salaries, awarding MPs land in Aljunied for low prices, demolishing 4 Hougang blocks to make way for WP HQ, arresting GMS in Aljunied prison such that he can't post here anymore.

WP TCs also anyhow use TC money and throw it away in mini-bonds, lehman brothers, toxic bonds :mad:

Eh..... or was it PAP TCs :rolleyes:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am shocked that are not on the side of free enterprise. If these business can't compete, they should move out to PAP wards or close shop.

WPTC can hold down charges for ALL residents and business because it is creative in generating income. That's true benefits to the people and business operating in that ward. Unlike the PAP BS of 'subsidy'.

The shopkeepers have been doing fine all along. If they are hurting in any way, it is due to high HDB rentals which the TC cannot control.

People should be able to smell a rat straightaway because trade fairs are ubiquitous in Singapore nowadays and no shopkeeper has complained to the press.

Just an example. There are areas where HDB lift upgrading is left half done for literally months on end. That's right ... The lift is left incomplete and there is no attempt to complete it. But you will never hear residents making noise to the press.