• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Secret Weapon : Chen Show Mao

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just thinking about this. You can bet they are compiling a dossier on CSM. Their tantacles are spread all over the globe, to try to dig up any shit about him. So for CSM's sake and for our sake, I hope he's been an angel all his 50 years.

Your life's record is PAP White?:rolleyes:Opposition parties have the means to compile dossiers on Men-in-White?:cool:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was just thinking about this. You can bet they are compiling a dossier on CSM. Their tantacles are spread all over the globe, to try to dig up any shit about him. So for CSM's sake and for our sake, I hope he's been an angel all his 50 years.

No worries bro. For a piece of shit they dig on CSM, I will respond appropriately -a piece of MIW shit, minister level. Don't play play.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
No worries bro. For a piece of shit they dig on CSM, I will respond appropriately -a piece of MIW shit, minister level. Don't play play.

bro, I bet you can respond appropriately. But you sure you want to do that? Save it for your book - "The Brutal Truth". Sure best seller!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, I bet you can respond appropriately. But you sure you want to do that? Save it for your book - "The Brutal Truth". Sure best seller!

Let's see how they treat CSM. If need be, I won't wait. No point my book bestseller but opposition, in particular, CSM gets defeated. I rather CSM gets into Parliament and my book, only average in sale.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Let's see how they treat CSM. If need be, I won't wait. No point my book bestseller but opposition, in particular, CSM gets defeated. I rather CSM gets into Parliament and my book, only average in sale.

Yeah, thats the spirit! Country before self. CSM is surely in their crosshairs now, lets hope they can't find a reason to shoot.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
sure pap is wary of what csm can be/can do for oppo in general. u can see that character assaination of him started here liao. scroobal the fucker started a thread on this.

Last edited:

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jimmy Lee of SPP is from Cornell University!

Thanks bro.
From wiki:
The Ivy League is an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States. The conference name is also commonly used to refer to those eight schools as a group.[2] The eight institutions are Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, Princeton University, the University of Pennsylvania, and Yale University. The term Ivy League also has connotations of academic excellence, selectivity in admissions, and social elitism.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Chen has already said, rightly, I think, that he is NOT WP's secret weapon. WP's secret weapons are the votes of the people. Let us rise to his call.

blahblah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whichever political party who is serious about building a balanced parliament should be careful and work within the current system in order not to jeopardize their chances that comes only once in several years.

Take a look at amendments made to election acts etc to ensure that nothing is contravened to make their eligibility to stand for election affected.
http://www.elections.gov.sg/gazette_parliamentary.html

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
A graduate of three Ivy League universities – Harvard, Stanford and Oxford, where he was a Rhodes Scholar – his credentials and extensive experience in international securities offerings and M&A transactions is rare among politicians here. Mr Chen, who is fluently bilingual, is a partner with international law firm, Davis Polk and Wardwell and is based in Beijing. He also sits on the Advisory Board of the Singapore Management University (SMU).

So what??

There are thousands of people in Singapore that are on par or better than CSM credentials - among the thousands, we have many in the parliament already.

Credentials is one thing. The competency and the heart to serve the people are more important. I look forward to hearing from CSM what he plans to do for this people, matching what he will eventually do for the people - regardless of whether he make it to the parliament.

Let's not be blind sided by flashy credentials alone - applicable to both PAP and Opp teams.

credentials.gif

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right. It is just that this IVY leaguer seems more likely to represent my views than those whose already got in on someone's coattails.

So what??

There are thousands of people in Singapore that are on par or better than CSM credentials - among the thousands, we have many in the parliament already.

Credentials is one thing. The competency and the heart to serve the people are more important. I look forward to hearing from CSM what he plans to do for this people, matching what he will eventually do for the people - regardless of whether he make it to the parliament.

Let's not be blinded sided by flashy credentials alone.

credentials.gif

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're right. It is just that this IVY leaguer seems more likely to represent my views than those whose already got in on someone's coattails.

Realistically, some of the great/good candidates (including CSM, JL, JCA, etc) in the Opposition camps may not win the GRC/SMC in this election, but I pray that they do get into the parliament this time round (eg. NCMP) , prove themselves over the next several years and win a SMC for themselves in the next GE. I believe that the next GE (2016~2017) would be more interesting (in terms of outcomes) than the coming one. Positively, this coming one is still interesting to some extent because of the big increased in the no. of opposition teams/candidates but I doubt the actual outcome will be significantly different from the previous GE. Having said that, one unexpected surprise might be the high probability lost of Potong Pasir if it's going to be represented by CST's wife. The other interesting development could be from JCA where she stand a better chance (as SMC rather than GRC), regardless, I strongly believe that it would do Singapore much good if JCA gets into the parliament in this GE.

I hope that the new opposition candidates view an 'alternative voice' as one that is truly alternative, ie.
(1) alternative to PAP, and
(2) alternative to the other 'alternatives', ie. other opposition parties.

While comments/views from PAP sometimes doesn't seems to make sense, same is the case for Opps parties.

Let's see...

HourGlass.gif

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You need to understand that the opposition has always been the underdog, lacking in people with credentials. Those few with credential are now living overseas in exile. Hence, when folks like CSM, VW, Alec Tok come along, we see hope in the OP camp. A good opposition is good for all Sporeans. Of course the PAP would love to maintain their monopoly, which we now know is not entirely good for Sporeans.

We have many with good credentials in Parliament already? Yes we certainly do. But they are playing on the same team. They are in a fraternity, with one slapping the other on the back, saying a job well done and here, have another million bucks to add to your many millions. What fuck good is that for Sporeans?

Blinded by flashy credentials alone? Thats hardly even the case. More like being appreciative and supportive of high flyers for stepping forward, when most of us do not have the balls to stand up and be counted. I can turn the tables on you. Why are you so blinded by the PAP flashy credentiasl? Can't you count the many screw-ups they have been responsible for?

So what??

Let's not be blinded sided by flashy credentials alone.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to understand that the opposition has always been the underdog, lacking in people with credentials. Those few with credential are now living overseas in exile. Hence, when folks like CSM, VW, Alec Tok come along, we see hope in the OP camp. A good opposition is good for all Sporeans. Of course the PAP would love to maintain their monopoly, which we now know is not entirely good for Sporeans.

I understand.

I would separate VW from CSM, JCA, JL, etc. VW is a great example of why credentials alone is deceiving. To understand why, see my response to the CNA political forum here: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ition-beat-PAP-hands-down&p=689994#post689994
400cna_politicalforum.jpg

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at how you ranked the speakers, I think you have a charisma bias (except you had the eyes to rank VW last). That is the only explanation for ranking JT above TS.

Charisma bias? I do not think Gerald is charismatic.

It is interesting that 50% of the opposition candidates from the forum are entering the parliament. I still maintain that Lina is a very bad choice and time will tell.

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM told reporters that he went out to meet his friends in SG for night snack !!
Nobody uses that phrase in SG now or 30 years back. Only if you are stuck in NS.