• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP is arrogant

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
like that unfun leh, me give you points for nothing :o:o:o
hahaha...talk is cheap....all the mumbo jambo and flip-flopping and round about ways about nothing....as if contribution is based on the nos. of words posted......lol.
if you really know how to anal-yse.....the risk is relatively small....
however if i am wrong...arse luck.

Last edited:

Bougainvillea

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. I do not know LTK (nor CSJ) personally. Not sure if he is arrogant. I believe the old saying, "Pride goes before a fall". If LTK is a humble person, he should realise his success is not just because of his own talent, hard work and whatever else. Many notable Singaporeans (and their families) in the past had suffered much pain and loss to soften the hard political ground in Singapore, so he could enjoy his current position. I do not think LTK could hold a candle to the late Dr Lim Hock Siew.

Bougainvillea

Alfrescian
Loyal
2. I am a Teochew, and LTK is like a "Ka ki nang". However, (figuratively speaking), if I am ever alone on a remote island with only LTK and CSJ. I will rely on CSJ more than LTK for the simple reason that CSJ wears his emotions (and his heart) on his sleeve. CSJ is not perfect, but I know who I would be dealing with. With LTK, I do not think I would know who I am dealing with.

Bougainvillea

Alfrescian
Loyal
3. For me, voting for WP vs PAP is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. WP tries to solve the "symptoms". LTK does not have the heart, the brain nor the will to solve and cure the "disease" problem in Singapore. Even if CSJ is not right, LTK could be benevolent like an elder brother (considering our Asian culture) and a respectable statesman, and set a good example of being less selfish and less greedy. LTK could be classier to at least accept CSJ's request to talk. My 2 cents. Thanks

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. I was stunned when I saw it. This appears to be the end of the road for him.

Official letters are OK if you do not know the sec-gen of the other party personally, but publicizing the contents is a faux pas. CSJ's political naïveté is amazing. Just not cut out to be a politician.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is the only opposition party to be represented in parliament, and the first to win a GRC. Arrogance, even if undesirable, is a natural consequence of this dominance.

You speak poorly, yellowarse. You seem to imply it is inevitable that the PAP is arrogant because they dominate the parliament. Nothing can be further from the truth!

even with a straight fight between PAP vs WP, me sense a 55:45 ratio (PAP:WP), with +/- 3% std. dev.

Yes. 54:46 in favour of the PAP, std dev is 2% however. Ponggol is probably 95% in the pockets of the PAP. Rejoice!

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
but of course talk is cheap and it's kept for posterity on the internet :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
hahaha.....agree...wp can also be written off already....
LTK knew of YSL nonsense well before he named him to contest in Hougang.....yet he publicly claimed ignorance.
how to vote for a party with such a dishonest leader....
it should be noted that there was no retraction of this statement by the whistle blower so it must be true......

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. 54:46 in favour of the PAP, std dev is 2% however. Ponggol is probably 95% in the pockets of the PAP. Rejoice!

You need to have polled 600 residents of Punggol East SMC to get 2% SD. Thanks for the hard work, bro!

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bad blood goes a long way. The fact that they have to resort to official letters rather than a phone call plus a threat to reveal the content to the public shows the hole that SDP is in. And the hole that they are digging deeper.

SDP needs to understand it is the entity that needs to repair the issue. It no different to a commercial or personal relationship. SDP chose a path that turned out to be erroneous over 2 decades seems to lost on them.

Early this week, SDP did the usual high profile approach to advertise their ground engagement. What were they doing for last 20 years would be the question in people's mind when they see such publicity.

Imagine CSJ's first letter to LTK contains a threat tells shows how skillful he is with negotiating. If I write a letter where I am not the party with the advantage, I would be bit more skillful in wording it. The same principles apply in commercial and personal interaction. Would I treat a much larger company and portray as an equal.

The fact they actually released the letters shows how poor political skills these guys have. Now you know why they are seldom invited to events where other opposition entities are invited. KJ has the same issues.

What a dumb dude, this CSJ!!

For the past many years, he has been terribly naive on politics. He shouted at Wooden to try to gain political mileage and gets himself an egg slapped onto his own face. He faced the TV media to debate on issues with PAP and was found a liar and it painted him trying to wiggle himself out of a hopeless position instead of him just outrightly admitting his mistake which he should have and never did. He went on a dumb hunger strike but he fed himself glucose to stay alive. He brought along a tape recorder to record a personal conversation with his mentor Vasoo about his entrance into opposition politics and broke the decency rules of friendship. What a sly man he was!

This incident shows that once again, he is still as naive as ever, and outrightly discrediting himself to pittance. He has shown some moral courage to fight for difficult issues and human rights. But he squandered them all away as a result of his poor antics and terrible judgements.

Why pick on WP? It is true WP does not want to engage SDP as SDP lacks the utter credibility. But it is not for CSJ to point the blame at WP. Yes, I agree absolutely. SDP has to build its own credibility and focus on political positioning in a shrewd way. The way it tries to position here shows once again, how terribly miscued these folks are. Now I worry and wonder why Paul Ananth bothers to get involved with CSJ and the nuts.

CSJ is a just dumb opportunist. It is ok to be opportunistic in this political arena but just do not be so dumb to this level.

If you want to be a wayang, at least show up to be a good actor. You fail miserably as an actor, CSJ! No wonder, folks think you are a Pappy mole.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tink WP hold their tongue cos they see how other oppos crash n burn after the lawyer letters come in,
so cld be strategic or I cld just be a guy talkg cock, go figure.

urines, shits and m&ds, the stains defining spore

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You speak poorly, yellowarse. You seem to imply it is inevitable that the PAP is arrogant because it dominates parliament.

It is precisely the reason why the PAP is arrogant. Just see if they're still arrogant if the oppo grabs 44 seats in 2016.

By the way, 'natural' isn't synonymous with 'inevitable'.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP supporters have been asking SDP not to contest, but WP itself will never tell anyone not to contest. Why bother? Just do what is right and let the voters decide. Each party bears the consequence of its own action, WP included. No need to talk so much. Engaging the voters is much more important.

bro long time never see u, how are u? i think not only the WP supporters but public with common sense, look at SDP facebook. a lot of them give valid reasoning on SDP facebook asking SDP not to sabotage the BE and prepare the 2016 GE. its not about which party got the right to contest, its about WP being doing the ground work there and higher chance for them to beat pap. than to let SDP jump out of no where and try to contest. it will dilute the oppositions votes and make pap win. i just want pap to lose and don't care which opposition win in this PE BE. in this case, logically WP is the only opposition that with the highest chance of beating pap.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its not about which party got the right to contest, its about WP being doing the ground work there and higher chance for them to beat pap. than to let SDP jump out of no where and try to contest. it will dilute the oppositions votes and make pap win. i just want pap to lose and don't care which opposition win in this PE BE. in this case, logically WP is the only opposition that with the highest chance of beating pap.

Many people assume that when a political party polled well in a ward, then it must have picked the right ward to contest in. The follow up conclusion is that if they can do it, so can I.

GE2011 in PE showed that this was not all true. One Opposition party polled more than 41% and the other less than 5%. So party branding does carry some weight.

People should give credit to the parties who did well in the wards they contested in for the hard work they have put in to discover that the ward is conquerable and don't automatically assumed that they are there for the picking.

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people assume that when a political party polled well in a ward, then it must have picked the right ward to contest in. The follow up conclusion is that if they can do it, so can I.

GE2011 in PE showed that this was not all true. One Opposition party polled more than 41% and the other less than 5%. So party branding does carry some weight.

People should give credit to the parties who did well in the wards they contested in for the hard work they have put in to discover that the ward is conquerable and don't automatically assumed that they are there for the picking.

bro, not bao jia. but at least higher chance to kena.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP supporters have been asking SDP not to contest, but WP itself will never tell anyone not to contest. Why bother? Just do what is right and let the voters decide. Each party bears the consequence of its own action, WP included. No need to talk so much. Engaging the voters is much more important.

Yes, sounds right.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people assume that when a political party polled well in a ward, then it must have picked the right ward to contest in. The follow up conclusion is that if they can do it, so can I. GE2011 in PE showed that this was not all true. One Opposition party polled more than 41% and the other less than 5%. So party branding does carry some weight. People should give credit to the parties who did well in the wards they contested in for the hard work they have put in to discover that the ward is conquerable and don't automatically assumed that they are there for the picking.

Yes, brandname is important in politics just as it is in selling any products. But if the ground is not sweet and anti-PAP sentiment is running high then it is not difficult for any oppo party to score high against the PAP by securing the protest votes. Look at Marine Parade GRC in GE ' 2011 where NSP got a respectable 45% of the valid votes. Putting aside the Nicole Seah effect, the other team members are nobodies and they have never been seen working on the ground...