• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

would u work for a miserly $1k/mth job?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Methinks 1k per month working 12 hours per day including Saturdays amounts to exploitations by employers!

There should be min wage peg to the cost of living in Singapore.

It should be basic human rights to earn a basic standard of living so as not to get stuck in the poverty zone. More so in an economy with a per capital income comparable or even exceeded most developed countries!

At the meantime leaders get paid exceedingly well beyond developed countries status, this anomaly needs to be closely examined and critic with extreme prejudice.

It also bring into question the wisdom of equitable distributions of financial resources to the general populace!

we can see that SDP IB imbeciles is talking through their arses here. has anyone ever wondered whether are those clowns gainfully employed and paid $1k per mth 6days week?

i doubt they are. if not why would SDP consistently pleading for alms? if their clowns are gainfully employed, they should be donating to their horde. so what are these SDP IB cowards and nasty clones trying to prove here? that they are indeed lame hypocrites good-for-nothing and only troublemakers?

damnu88

Alfrescian
Loyal
let me break down the cost if ur pay is $1k for 6days/wk , i.e, 24 FULL WORKING DAYS fr 8am to 5pm.

per day wage = $41.67

less bus fare 2.00

less lunch 4.00

less tea break 3.00

less drinks 3.00

take home pay per day : 29.67

per mth x 24: 712.

less PUB: 130.00

less phone bills 24.00
broadband 40.00
conservancy 37.
food 250.00
tv licence 10.
property tax 9.
miscellaneous 150.

ALL THAT'S LEFT WOULD BE $62 in your pocket. this amount is only applicable if u r SINGLE without family or supporting aged parents.

it's the least and the minimal. where does that left the poor working guy with?? practically NOTHING.

how can million dollar$ gov humiliate their own people in such a way to rob them of their dignity? are they really helping or promoting more suicides contemplation?

the million$ paid to those minitoots really doesn't worth the money.

:oIo:

Think there is some mis-calculations on the $1000/=

Per day wage should be = $1000/53 * 12 = $226 per week
Per day = $226/ 6days = $37
Minus per day expenses = $37 - $12 = $25

$25*24 = $600 - $650 = -$50 ( on what u listed as above )

So it's negative.....And worst still the $1k is before CPF deductions....
So with the deductions...What you think is left?? :o

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think there is some mis-calculations on the $1000/=

Per day wage should be = $1000/53 * 12 = $226 per week
Per day = $226/ 6days = $37
Minus per day expenses = $37 - $12 = $25

$25*24 = $600 - $650 = -$50 ( on what u listed as above )

So it's negative.....And worst still the $1k is before CPF deductions....
So with the deductions...What you think is left?? :o

if you don't want to work, you will find thousands of excuses not to. if you want, you will do it. when a man finds himself in a situation between starving and having 'dignity', he will do the right thing.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you don't want to work, you will find thousands of excuses not to. if you want, you will do it. when a man finds himself in a situation between starving and having 'dignity', he will do the right thing.

Maybe i am poor in mathematics, but how can a $0k zor bo lan job at home be better than a $1k gardening job?

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cooleo, agree with your maths is really lousy like shxt, how can a $0k zor bo lan bum at home cannot be better than a S$1k gardening job

It may cost the family of the bum at least S$1k to maintain him, the leech, cheat and ...

So zero income minus cost of maintenance = negative or -S$1k

You ever heard of a dignified bum who chooses to be unemployed?

Maybe i am poor in mathematics, but how can a $0k zor bo lan job at home be better than a $1k gardening job?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cooleo, agree with your maths is really lousy like shxt, how can a $0k zor bo lan bum at home cannot be better than a S$1k gardening job

It may cost the family of the bum at least S$1k to maintain him

So zero income minus cost of maintenance = negative or -S$1k

You ever heard of a dignified bum who chooses to be unemployed?

Dignified bum? I think i can file this under Singapore Urban Legends!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheebye LeeTahBar

Stop leaching off your old parents

Time to be a real man and support yourself!

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal
i doubt they are. i

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1CD6gNmhr0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1CD6gNmhr0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bob Sim you like pigs?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

the job if taken up only ends up end of the day with nothing in your pocket. you could be doing it for free or even have to cough up some money for the expenses incurred in doing that job, ie, u still ve to pay yourself to work for 6 full days.

verdict: boss wins; u lose (even theoretically with a "job").

now why don't those LAN -C people who think that $1k is alot and fair for a 6 full days job go and try for it for a month and then come back here to continue their cock talking?:wink: