• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worth a Read - Old Man and his deeds

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
PTADER

In his heyday, aided by his ISD attack dogs, his 147th running dogs and prostitute press and his corrupt, judicial kangaroos, this old fool was in his element.

He started well but within just a few years, got intoxicated and consumed by power. He started throwing his weight around. He brook no dissent from anyone.

Those who did not nor would not surrender their beliefs, principles, morals or kneel or bow before him were, along with their innocent families, systematically destroyed.

The old fool would regularly thump his chicken breast to brag about his abilities to "demolish" anyone and everyone using his impressive array of sharp "hatchets", "knuckledusters" and a host of personal weaponry.

His abilities to break heads and bones were legendary.

In reality though, all these were not too difficult for him since he did not fight his own fights. He was too much of a dirty coward to do so. Instead, he relied on a corrupt army of attack and running dogs to fight his personal battles. He never entered a fight without first having all his running and attack dogs lined up behind him. All ever ready to sell their soul and to do his bidding for the scraps that he tossed out to them. If they were not lined up behind him, this big, brave, fearless legend would swiftly flee in fear, his quivering tail firmly tucked between his hind legs, for the safety of Cameron Highlands.

This once fearsome thug is now laughably reduced to wearing pampers and is now unable to walk without an aide by his side, waiting to catch him should he fall and break his ageing, brittle bones.

The "legacy" that he leaves behind is that of an effete society comprising a fearful, enfeebled people. It is that of a people whose emasculation over decades of his iron fist rule has left them either reluctant or unable to cope with the vagaries of life and who now hate him for what he has done to them and to their country.

The experiment that is Singapore could have been a success had this old fool not been so intoxicated and consumed with power. The experiment that is Singapore could have been a success had his personal troika of ISD attack dogs, 147th running dogs and prostitute press and his corrupt judicial kangaroos not surrender their personal morals and ethics to do his biddings.

Was it all worth it, Lee Kuan Yew? To be confined to the footnote of history as being nothing more than an insignificant, little tinpot tyrant of a small island in SEA? To lose the respect of the young (and even the old) who hold you in undisguised hatred, outright disgust and sneering contempt instead of in awe and respect?

The best of your son's propaganda after your passing will not restore that which you so crave for. That legacy of being "Bapak Singapura", the "Father of Singapore". Instead, you, your offsprings and their offsprings will be continue to be hated, despised and you will continue to be cursed and held in contempt.

Goodbye and good luck with the funeral.

T

TuaTeetu

What he did to you?

How come you say him until like beri jialat jialat?

Compared to the worse dictators in the world, he is just a pussy cat.

That is why it is not difficult for me to forgive him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt the write-up by Ptader about the old man deserved attention. Time erases memory and people tend to forget. And people should not forget so easily.

46 years ago, a young physics lecturer and a former elected member of Parliament for Jurong Constituency was detained, 21 days after he led a group of protestors to Parliament House to deliver a protest note and letter to the Clerk of Parliament demanding the calling of a general elections.

He remained confined for a total of 32 years. No other person in modern history has been confined this long without facing a trial. I have no doubt that he was a communist and was a threat but communism had waned, regimes either collapsed or they converted conveniently to capitalism and their armed causes evaporated decades ago.

When he was eventually released he was a mere shadow of himself. No longer coherent and sadly no longer lucid.

In the meantime, the old man who kept him confined for 32 years, built a family, got the state to carry them thru life, rewarded all those of blood in the guise of meritocracy with no shame and no conscience and no thought for a bright but misguided soul to languish for decades while his parents struggled in silence in Toa Payoh flat.

His was the longest but he was not alone. Others too paid a heavy price. Families destroyed, children raised without their fathers and dreams shattered.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Vengeful bastard till the day he goes. He was nearly finished when the Barisan took his feet from under him. Hid behind the ISC, used the Tengku and the Brits to do his dirty work for him. Merger saved him. UMNO extremists were out for his blood and Tengku was only one to hold back detaining him under the ISA. The analogy that he dismounted from the tiger is a myth - he never rode it: he was hiding in fear under the sarong of the Tengku with the Brits in front.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha,,,you can't teach an old dog new tricks......
copy and paste other pple post and put a "PTADER" and said acknowledgement is given...
the prataman really has an integrity problem......
ouch....somecronies just pinched me again....lol.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the fun of being a devil's advocate, this is what I imagine LKY would say:

Dear Scroobal:

I did what I had to, because to navigate the turmoil of our early years, then later to continue on thriving, you cannot be an easy walkover. I am the founding father of this nation, and continue to consolidate my position of power because I believe I am the best thing that happen to this nation.

You tell me, who can be an effective leader of anything if they don't hold the believe they are the best? Who can be an effective leader if they don't stick to their guns in what they believed in? Who can be a strong leader if they do not deal with their opposition swiftly and resoundingly?

As for my wealth, do you think I really need them? These are the by product of being good at what I do. For the wealth that I have, didn't the average Singaporean enjoy an improvement in their basic quality of live? Is Singapore one of the only few places in the world where you can go out alone in the night without the risk of being shot or robbed?

You people have so much grudges against me, but what have I personally done to make your live a total wreck? Have you ever looked into the mirror and ask yourself, what have you done in your live, not so much for yourself, but for others around you? How about for those who you do not know? What have you done, or could you had done to make their lot in life better?

Get off your keyboard and LCD screen, and start having a life that is worth living.

As for me, I know my days are numbered. I harbor no illusion that I will live for a long time. I just live each day as they come. And I will contribute my ideas and opinions if I see that it is going to be useful to someone. At my age, everyday is a bonus.

What about you?

Yours
LKY

P.S. Of course LKY do not need me to defend him, I'm just imagine what he would had said if he had to reply to any of you at all.

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure why there is so much hatred about LKY. He has done a terrific job for our country.

I don't think anyone hates him. Its more like pity and wondering what might have been if he had been able to rein in his more destructive personality traits and instincts. As any modern leadership consultants would tell you, is that you need to have a modicum of self awareness and beware the traps that your own traits will lead you into. And after the various random Internet snippets on Mdm Khoo and her background, I suspect she was never a moderating influence on him - she probably encouraged those traits in him as well.

For all the platitudes accorded to him, the only exceptional traits I found after going through his own memoirs was a very keen mind. But his Hard Truths revealed the limits of that keen mind. He could not accept what the Nordics achieved and his mind came out with some strange inclinations on how Singaporeans are descended from peasant stock, that the Nordics are culturally uniform and all sorts of things that really would not stand up in the academic circles (i.e. economics, psychology, sociology) which have devoted even more stellar minds and other resources to study all these.

It was really amusing to see the depths of unreason that the human mind could plumb in order to justify its positions appearing in him. And of course, even more amusing when the 147th (or is it 154th?) media literally prostrated itself to get people to buy the book.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure why there is so much hatred about LKY. He has done a terrific job for our country.

Elucidate further. What did he do? Who's the Lee Kuan Yew of the remaining 3 "Asian Tigers" i.e South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgive and forget. May he live long long. Long live LKY. Sinkapore will sink without your great lee dership.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
axus_auto said:

Remember 老佛爷, Qixi, the Empress Dowager. She was pulling the string of power through the reigns of three generations of emperors. Nobody dared to change anything. Fifty years is a long time to stay put in time. LKY should have just retire when he retired as PM.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, good write-up.

For the fun of being a devil's advocate, this is what I imagine LKY would say:

Dear Scroobal:

I did what I had to, because to navigate the turmoil of our early years, then later to continue on thriving, you cannot be an easy walkover. I am the founding father of this nation, and continue to consolidate my position of power because I believe I am the best thing that happen to this nation.
to their guns in what they believed in? Who can be a strong leader if they do not deal with their opposition swiftly and resoundingly?

What about you?

Yours
LKY

P.S. Of course LKY do not need me to defend him, I'm just imagine what he would had said if he had to reply to any of you at all.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no doubt that old man was exceptionally bright, sharp as hell and an achiever. He will remain as a great statesman. He however did many things that people are not aware of. The public servant who called for the Nassim Jade investigation lost his job prematurely. He banned satellite dishes with the exception of companies that need access for commercial reasons yet his grandkids were watching away. His grandson went to American school while other kids in similar situation could not. These are some of the trivial stuff.

In the case of the longest detainee in modern history, old man was visiting China and dealing with the communist so why was this chap detained. His Singapore leaders asked to come back and they did and given financial support and jobs for their families. So why was he detained.

Ho Chi Ming while being leader of a country lived a spartan life. He could have easily helped himself as the press was also muzzled.

This nation has had its information so controlled that they have no idea what is going on.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no doubt that old man was exceptionally bright, sharp as hell and an achiever. He will remain as a great statesman. He however did many things that people are not aware of. The public servant who called for the Nassim Jade investigation lost his job prematurely. He banned satellite dishes with the exception of companies that need access for commercial reasons yet his grandkids were watching away. His grandson went to American school while other kids in similar situation could not. These are some of the trivial stuff.

In the case of the longest detainee in modern history, old man was visiting China and dealing with the communist so why was this chap detained. His Singapore leaders asked to come back and they did and given financial support and jobs for their families. So why was he detained.

Ho Chi Ming while being leader of a country lived a spartan life. He could have easily helped himself as the press was also muzzled.

This nation has had its information so controlled that they have no idea what is going on.

The public servant who lost his job prematurely for calling the Nassim Jade investigation is Koh Beng Seng, who was then the Deputy Managing Director of MAS. Before this incident, he was very well liked by the Old Fart actually and was singled out for praise at one of LKY's National Day Rally. Koh Beng Seng was Dr Goh's prodigee and he refused bribes from one of the foreign banks (BCI) to obtain a licence. Hence Koh was very well trusted.

After hearing some disquiet in the market about the Lee family's discounted purchases of Nassim Jade and Scott 28, he reported it to Dr Richard Hu who was then his boss as Chairman, MAS and Finance Minister. Dr Hu in turn told this to Goh CT who was PM then and the whole matter blew up. What that were on everyone's lips during the incident was that Koh Beng Seng in wanting to uphold his puritan image to impress his bosses ironically made a mistake in crossing LKY's path. These people were saying had it been another cabinet minister or MP, he would not have met with such an end. The other Beng Seng was not spared either (Ong Beng Seng, owner of HPL). He was ostracised for many years following the incident and rarely made a public appearance. Sources close to Ong Beng Seng said he totally lost confidence in all he does (he like Koh must have got the full works from the Old Fart) and took him a long time to get over. Some said he managed to redeem himself only after agreeing to sponsor a large part of the F1 in S'pore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Koh became radioactive that he could not find a job here. He went to Thailand to make a living. WCY was the only one to extend a lifeline to him. The slaughtering of the chicken made it clear to the entire civil service that GCT was not in charge and never will be in charge.

When the very first principal private secretary to the PM was appointed donkey years ago, the worlds longest serving cabinet secretary gave him one piece of advice - blood is thicker than water. That PPS never forgot it and eventually became the Head of the Civil Service.

Ps. Koh was at one stage, the prospective son-in-law. The prospective bride was caught flipping properties as revealed in tjhe scandal and now provides homilies and moral lessons via her column.

The public servant who lost his job prematurely for calling the Nassim Jade investigation is Koh Beng Seng, who was then the Deputy Managing Director of MAS. Before this incident, he was very well liked by the Old Fart actually and was singled out for praise at one of LKY's National Day Rally. Koh Beng Seng was Dr Goh's prodigee and he refused bribes from one of the foreign banks (BCI) to obtain a licence. Hence Koh was very well trusted.