• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No kelong imho............................. :o

The main reason Brazil lost is because they were missing Thiago Silva's kancheong demeanour. Yes, he is a very good player in his own right, but so are the other Brazilian players. If you noticed Thiago Silva's expression everytime he plays for Brazil or PSG, he is always damn kancheong, not in a gabra kalang kabok sense, but always very eager to get people into positions, worried about this or that, basically anxious and cautious. Not so much a leader, (since it is difficult to lead arrogant overpaid showmen :rolleyes) but a naggy guy. :biggrin:

What Brazil sadly missed yesterday was someone with that same sense of urgency (kancheong demeanour :biggrin:), even more so than Neymar's mercurial skills.

Remember this: in every organization, no matter how good your individual members are in their roles, you always need that fellow with the kancheong demeanour. :biggrin:

How to win when you have a $50 million buffoon defender by your side? LOL

jw5

Loyal
I think the final will be a repeat of 1974.
On a personal level, I'd like the Dutch to finally get a gold star on their jersey but frankly speaking the Germans look pretty unstoppable plus they will have one extra day's rest.

2 penalties and Muller to get the winner? :biggrin:

Or will it be a repeat of 1990 final - one fake penalty and a fullback to slot it home? :p

jw5

Loyal
How to win when you have a $50 million buffoon defender by your side? LOL

Buffoon is actually a very skilful and capable individual player and I think he was genuinely horrified by the big loss.

Big mistake was for LFS to make him captain. Never let an overbearing overconfident showman be your captain, the better option is always the kiakia kancheong guy. :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonight 2 goals for Netherlands, then I can sleep song song between these 2 jugs :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gxtfrtP8E4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buffoon is actually a very skilful and capable individual player and I think he was genuinely horrified by the big loss.

Big mistake was for LFS to make him captain. Never let an overbearing overconfident showman be your captain, the better option is always the kiakia kancheong guy. :biggrin:
I agree, Neymar injured, the whole nation makes him the new hero, sibe laokui, hahaha

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2400393_full-lnd.jpg

Louis van Gaal is the quintessential tactician. The Netherlands coach is a deep analyser. He is a painstaking plot-maker.

The 62-year-old’s stratagem faces an acid test in Sao Paulo on Wednesday. Providing it will be a team that has won all five of its matches at this FIFA World Cup™, and a player that has an incomparable knack of unravelling himself from the strictest of handcuffs....

I'm not thinking about individual players, I'm thinking always that we have to play against a team, but Messi is a very important player. But we also have very important players in our team: Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder. They have never won the [FIFA Ballon d’Or], but they are very good players who can decide a game, like Messi. So we have to play against Argentina and we have to try to stop Messi getting the ball, passing the ball, scoring goals, and you do that as a team. I hope my team can do the job.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;oRValgHDvxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRValgHDvxE[/video]

Well well, guess who's dad is a rich man now.

Note. NCPG is a advisory group for MCYS, headed by Chan Chun Sing, Minister for Social and Family development. I'm pretty sure NCPG is not footing the bill for all those ads.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tolong ah...................let Germany win it.................i've been waiting since 1990.............

if only Reus, Schmelzer and the Bender twins had been there too..............

pity the Brazilian fans though............even i hoped the carnage would stop at 4-0............and i've always hated Brazil.........

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stampede in Rio de Janeiro (on the day of the Brazil vs Germany game):

[video=youtube;PEBWtpFgaJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBWtpFgaJA[/video]

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
WILL THIS SMALL LITTLE BIG PLAYER STOP THE DUTCH ?

2402247_full-lnd.jpg

The second semi-final at Brazil 2014 features another tussle for supremacy between Europe and South America, with the Netherlands and Argentina renewing acquaintances in Sao Paulo. The two teams most famously contested the Final in 1978, when Argentina won 3-1 after extra time to record their only success in four FIFA World Cup™ meetings with the Oranje.

Their hopes of posting a second could well depend on Lionel Messi, who has driven the team forward in Brazil and regularly made the difference, with a haul of four goals and one assist so far. Performing a different role than he does for Barcelona, Messi pulls the strings for La Albiceleste thanks to his exceptional ball protection, devastating bursts of speed and precision passing.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2402247_full-lnd.jpg

The second semi-final at Brazil 2014 features another tussle for supremacy between Europe and South America.....

I'm surprised a few argentinian players didn't live up to their standards, Lavezzi and Aguiro in particular....

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time for Netherlands to settle old scores. THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME!!!

Settling the score: The Netherlands could finish the tournament having avenged all three of their World Cup Final defeats. Already victorious against 2010 rivals Spain, their next game brings them face to face with 1978 opponents Argentina, ahead of a potential showpiece with Germany that would evoke memories of 1974. The semi-final will also be the Oranje's 750th international outing, with their record so far yielding 377 wins, 167 draws and 205 losses.

2400883_big-lnd.jpg

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time for Netherlands to settle old scores. THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME!!!

Settling the score: The Netherlands could finish the tournament having avenged all three of their World Cup Final defeats. Already victorious against 2010 rivals Spain, their next game brings them face to face with 1978 opponents Argentina, ahead of a potential showpiece with Germany that would evoke memories of 1974. The semi-final will also be the Oranje's 750th international outing, with their record so far yielding 377 wins, 167 draws and 205 losses.

2400883_big-lnd.jpg

NETHERLANDS WILL GO FULL STEAM AND WIN THE MATCH AGAINST ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!

2400711_big-lnd.jpg

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No kelong imho............................. :o

The main reason Brazil lost is because they were missing Thiago Silva's kancheong demeanour. Yes, he is a very good player in his own right, but so are the other Brazilian players. If you noticed Thiago Silva's expression everytime he plays for Brazil or PSG, he is always damn kancheong, not in a gabra kalang kabok sense, but always very eager to get people into positions, worried about this or that, basically anxious and cautious. Not so much a leader, (since it is difficult to lead arrogant overpaid showmen :rolleyes:) but a naggy guy. :biggrin:

What Brazil sadly missed yesterday was someone with that same sense of urgency (kancheong demeanour :biggrin:), even more so than Neymar's mercurial skills.

Remember this: in every organization, no matter how good your individual members are in their roles, you always need that fellow with the kancheong demeanour. :biggrin:

I kind of agree with you but I don't think Silva's absence made that much difference. No doubt he held the defence together pretty well in previous games and organised team mates playing in the right positions defensively. Virtually all 7 goals conceded were as a result of defensive errors but even with his presence, the best Brazil could have hoped for would have been a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat I think.

Neymar's absence was irrelevant. When your back line concedes 5 goals by half-time no striker (however world class he is) is ever gonna make a difference.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal

2402247_full-lnd.jpg

The second semi-final at Brazil 2014 features another tussle for supremacy between Europe and South America, with the Netherlands and Argentina renewing acquaintances in Sao Paulo. The two teams most famously contested the Final in 1978, when Argentina won 3-1 after extra time to record their only success in four FIFA World Cup™ meetings with the Oranje.

Their hopes of posting a second could well depend on Lionel Messi, who has driven the team forward in Brazil and regularly made the difference, with a haul of four goals and one assist so far. Performing a different role than he does for Barcelona, Messi pulls the strings for La Albiceleste thanks to his exceptional ball protection, devastating bursts of speed and precision passing.

Will he be the HERO who crushed the Dutch ?