• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taking Italy and Germany.

Few would bet against Germany to proceed but don't think a European team has ever won the WC in South America.

England are England and will always be overpaid, under performing millionaire football players. Don't expect anymore gold stars on an England shirt anytime soon...

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
my favourite England player is joe hart, our sinkie team in the 70s used to have a goalie like him....same same pattern..
lim chiew 'cheng'... :biggrin:

FunnyAhmad

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my favourite England player is joe hart, our sinkie team in the 70s used to have a goalie like him....same same pattern..
lim chiew 'cheng'... :biggrin:

Liverpool also had a chiew cheng goalie named Bruce Grobbelaar. A good shot stopper but prone to making simple mistakes like Hart. We used to laugh and call him Bruce Gabrah.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool also had a chiew cheng goalie named Bruce Grobbelaar. A good shot stopper but prone to making simple mistakes like Hart. We used to laugh and call him Bruce Gabrah.

Grobbelaar was a dodgy match fixer in his day. Some of those 'mistakes' were deliberate.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lai, jiak liang! lai!

about 4 weeks to the start of World Cup Fever in Brazil!
which country will lift the coveted cup? :smile::smile::smile:

For me, before matches i will linger in pool outlet and listen to town talk. I always bet opposite of town talk. :p

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

grobbelaar, when in form, will 'key hong'....can dive and save ball with one hand at the same time u know?...really no horse ran if remember watching him played

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
No more CPF. I decide to whack maximum amount on Australia to win WC. Hope that can make up for shortfall when it comes to retirement.

FunnyAhmad

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy had quite outlook on his footballing career if I remember correctly. He said life was bigger than football and said that his past as a kind of army ranger in South Africa helped shaped his attitude towards life.

grobbelaar, when in form, will 'key hong'....can dive and save ball with one hand at the same time u know?...really no horse ran if remember watching him played