• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No one here is as passionate as me to a nation team hor, been their fans since van basten era :biggrin:

And I have been a fan of Holland since the days of the legendary Johan Cruyff although I don't follow soccer teams anymore. I have always watch the Fifa world cup even when not in Singapore, always will. Regrettably Holland lost the world cup finals against W. Germany in 1974, losing 2-1.

Holland introduced Total Football and Cruyff was called the "Total Footballer." He said that the key stage of a footballer's career comes at 12. "At that age, you know whether or not a boy is going to be a player. There are fundamental skills, which you have or don't have, which cannot be taught after that age."

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
tonight's matches which one will be more interesting and exciting? I need to choose one.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally after 2 weeks offshore duty, this week I'm finally able to watch live World Cup games.. Last night I watched the games through this website Coolsport from my laptop and connected it to my TV.. Bros should try Coolsport for good live streaming of the World Cup games. from ESPN, ITV and BBC.. Very good pre and post games reviews.. I'm able to watch the World Cup for free and its even more clearer with my HDMI cable..

For tonight's games, I pick the Argies to win against the Swiss and I also pick the US to cause an upset against the Belgians..

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2393586_big-lnd.jpg

fanatical fans of the fighting machine

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2391207_big-lnd.jpg

PORTO ALEGRE, BRAZIL - JUNE 30: Bastian Schweinsteiger of Germany acknowledges the fans after defeating Algeria 2-1 during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Round of 16 match between Germany and Algeria at Estadio Beira-Rio on June 30, 2014 in Porto Alegre, Brazil. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Djamel-Haimoudi.jpg

USA Head Coach Jurgen Klinsmann has admitted he has a problem with FIFA’s selection of the match officials for United States’s game against Belgium, to be played on Tuesday. FIFA announced today that Algerian referee Djamel Haimoudi will be in charge of the Round of 16 match. Klinsmann is uncomfortable with the advantage the Belgiums will have with a French-speaking referee. Plus there’s the fact that the USA knocked Algeria out of the World Cup in 2010, which could have an impact on the referee’s decisions.

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/06/...ion-for-usa-belgium-game/#UoxvDJpqyL48OWGS.99