• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

XabiAlonso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why no one sarpok Espana? :mad:

stock-footage-spanish-flag-hd-looped.jpg

Last edited:

XabiAlonso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Espana time up already. Their midfield not as mighty and dominating as before.

Xavi: Let's not forget 'boring' Spain thrashed Italy

412494_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
May 29, 2014 11:11:00 AM

The midfielder is unperturbed by negative comments about his country's style of play and believes Vicente del Bosque's men have learned from last year's Confederations Cup

Xavi has brushed off criticism of Spain's style of play ahead of their World Cup title defence.

Vicente del Bosque's men received their fair share of barbs after Euro 2012 for their methodical style of play, but Xavi feels their comprehensive 4-0 victory over Italy in the final proved La Roja can be as entertaining as they are effective.

Consequently, the midfielder does not pay any heed to those who have an issue with Spain's considered approach to the game.

"It's true that we were criticised for being boring at Euro 2012, yet that 'boring' team beat Italy 4-0 in the final," Xavi told the Times of India.

"Italians are always better defensively. Yet we could beat them with a handsome margin. So, we are not at all worried with what people opine."

Spain were hammered 3-0 by Brazil in the final of the 2013 Confederations Cup, but Xavi feels last year's experience will actually help them this summer.

"We were beaten by a rejuvenated Brazil, playing in their backyard," the Barcelona playmaker admitted. "We were tired but I do not like to find excuses. We were beaten fair and square.

"We tried to analyse our performances after that and believe we played quite well in the remaining qualifiers of the World Cup.

"What I feel is, playing in Brazil exactly one year earlier will be of immense help for all of us. We are familiar to the conditions.

"We played five matches under variable climatic conditions. We'll have to play under almost similar conditions this time. It should help us play better."

Spain meet Netherlands, Chile and Australia in Group B this summer.

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spain is still very strong thats for sure, its just that I dont think they will win it this competition.

"What I feel is, playing in Brazil exactly one year earlier will be of immense help for all of us. We are familiar to the conditions.

"We played five matches under variable climatic conditions. We'll have to play under almost similar conditions this time. It should help us play better."

Spain meet Netherlands, Chile and Australia in Group B this summer.