• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2010 Photo Gallery

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quarter-finals : Argentina 0 Germany 4

match11afp_1671956i.jpg

Argentina's coach Diego Maradona kicks the ball back onto the pitch during his side's quarter-final match against Germany

match13reuters_1671959i.jpg

Tap in: Germany's Miroslav Klose scores his side's second goal against Argentina

match14reuters_1671962i.jpg

Germany's Miroslav Klose celebrates his goal against Argentina

MATCH16EPA_1671974i.jpg

Defensive headache: Argentinian players react after Germany's second goal

MATCH15AP_1671965i.jpg

Building a wall: Argentina's Maximiliano Rodriguez, Gonzalo Higuain, Nicolas Burdisso and Nicolas Otamendi try to block the ball

match17action_1671976i.jpg

Arne Friedrich celebrates after scoring the third goal for Germany

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quarter-finals : Argentina 0 Germany 4

match18getty_1671977i.jpg

Arne Friedrich of Germany (second left) celebrates scoring the third goal with teammates Miroslav Klose, Thomas Mueller and Per Mertesacker

match22ap_1671995i.jpg

Out of reach: Germany's Miroslav Klose scores his side's fourth goal past Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero

MATCH19GETTY_1671980i.jpg

Argentina coach Diego Maradona hugs his daughter after his side are knocked out of the World Cup by Germany

match20getty_1671982i.jpg

Germany's Arne Friedrich celebrates victory with Per Mertesacker

match21ap_1671992i.jpg

Diego Maradona reflects on his side's crushing 4-0 defeat to Germany

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quarter-finals Paraguay 0 Spain 1

Quarter-finals
Paraguay 0 Spain 1

paraguay-fans-reut_1672049i.jpg

Paraguay fans decided to get dressed up for their side's first World Cup quarter-final

spain-team-reuters_1672055i.jpg

Vicente del Bosque's team took the field with the aim of reaching the World Cup semi-finals for the first time in the national team's history

paraguay-team-reut_1672057i.jpg

Team spirit: Paraguay hold a team huddle before the start of their match with Spain

ramos-gi_1672063i.jpg

Near miss: Sergio Ramos looks to the heavens after missing an early chance for Spain

iniesta-gi_1672064i.jpg

Andres Iniesta is closed down by the Paraguayan trio of Edgar Barreto, Victor Caceres and Cristian Riveros

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

capdevilla-gi_1672072i.jpg

Joan Capdevila tries to get past Paraguay's Paulo da Silva as Spain struggle to break down their South American opponents

martino-gi_1672077i.jpg

Calling the shots: Paraguay coach Gerardo Martino tries to get a message across in the first half

valdez-goal-gi_1672081i.jpg

Nelson Valdez fires past Iker Casillas...

valdez3-reuters_1672083i.jpg

... but sees his first-half strike disallowed for offside

sub-ap_1672132i.jpg

Cesc Fabregas comes on to replace the ineffectual Fernando Torres after 55 minutes

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

pique-reuters_1672087i.jpg

Paying the penalty: Gerard Pique is booked after conceding a penalty...

cardozo-pen-ap_1672088i.jpg

... but Iker Casillas comes to his rescue when he saves Oscar Cardozo's spot kick

alcaraz-gi_1672094i.jpg

Déjà vu: just moments later, however, Guatemalan referee Carlos Batres awards another penalty for Antolin Alcaraz's foul on David Villa...

villa-pen-gi_1672098i.jpg

... however, once again, the goalkeeper is the hero as Justo Villar turns away Xabi Alonso's re-taken penalty

cesc-ap_1672130i.jpg

Taking a tumble: Cesc Fabragas follows up Alonso's penalty and appears to be clipped by Villar, but the referee only gives a corner

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

puyol-gi_1672129i.jpg

Hair-Raising: Carlos Puyol and Oscar Cardoso battle for the ball

villa-goal-ap_1672107i.jpg

David Villa fires home Spain's 82nd-minute winner...

spain-celebrate-re_1672111i.jpg

... which sparks pandemonium among the Spanish players and substitutes

santa-ap_1672125i.jpg

Roque Santa Cruz misses a late chance to equalise for Paraguay

paraguay-postmatch_1672120i.jpg

Heartbreaking: Paraguay's players are inconsolable at full time after their narrow loss

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Semi-finals : Uruguay 2 Holland 3

Semi-finals
Uruguay 2 Holland 3

Match1afp_1674028i.jpg

Orange army: Dutch supporters bring some colour to the Green Point Stadium in Cape Town

match2afp_1674030i.jpg

Helping hand: Uruguay supporters pay homage to Luis Suarez, who's goal-line handball took them to the semi-finals

match3ap_1674032i.jpg

Uruguay supporters proudly display their country's national colours

match4afp_1674044i.jpg

Group hug: Holland's players gather together before kick off against Uruguay

<!-- google_ad_section_end(name=s2) -->
match5afp_1674048i.jpg

Holland's Dirk Kuyt vies for the ball with Uruguay defender Maximiliano Pereira

match6reuters_1674051i.jpg

High foot: Giovanni van Bronckhorst kicks the ball next to Uruguay's Edinson Cavani

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MATCH7AFP_1674056i.jpg

Ball control: Uruguay's Diego Forlan touches the ball despite being ruled as being offside

match8afp_1674057i.jpg

Holland's Giovanni van Bronckhorst celebrates after scoring a spectacular opening goal against Uruguay

match9ap_1674065i.jpg

Agony and ecstasy: Holland's Giovanni van Bronckhorst celebrates with Arjen Robben after scoring the opening goal,
as Uruguay goalkeeper Fernando Muslera looks on

match10ap_1674070i.jpg

Goalbound: Uruguay goalkeeper Fernando Muslera fails to block Giovanni van Bronckhorst's long range strike

match11reuters_1674075i.jpg

Kick in the teeth: Holland's Demy de Zeeuw is kicked in the face by Uruguay's Martin Caceres

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

match12getty_1674081i.jpg

Equaliser: Uruguay's Diego Forlan celebrates after levelling the game

match13getty_1674082i.jpg

On target: Uruguay's Diego Maradona equalises with a powerful strike

match14getty_1674091i.jpg

Flying Dutchman: Diego Perez of Uruguay tackles Holland's Wesley Sneijder

match15action_1674093i.jpg

Off the ground: Holland's Arjen Robben challenges Uruguay's Martin Caceres

match19getty_1674110i.jpg

Going for goal: Holland's Wesley Sneijder shoots to score his side's second goal against Uruguay

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

match16ap_1674097i.jpg

Unstoppable: Uruguay goalkeeper Fernando Muslera fails to stop a goal from Holland's Wesley Sneijder

match17ap_1674105i.jpg

Back in front: Holland's Wesley Sneijder (right) celebrates with his teammate Dirk Kuyt after scoring his side's second goal

mtch18action_1674107i.jpg

Things are looking up: Holland's Arjen Robben celebrates scoring his side's third goal

match21ap_1674116i.jpg

Consolation goal: Holland's goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg dives but can't stop Maximiliano Pereira from scoring in injury time

match22epa_1674119i.jpg

Wesley Sneijder starts the celebrations at the full time whistle as Holland reach the World Cup final

match23getty_1674121i.jpg

Holland's Arjen Robben celebrates in the tunnel after his side beat Uruguay to reach the World Cup final

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z15e535ahKA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z15e535ahKA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Semi-finals : Germany 0 Spain 1

Semi-finals
Germany 0 Spain 1

goal1_reuters_1674829i.jpg

Climbing high: the shaggy-maned Carles Puyol gets above his marker to power in Spain's opener

puyol_actionimages_1674827i.jpg

Rocket: Carles Puyol's bullet header flies past Manuel Neuer

celeb_epa_1674830i.jpg

Rocks: three of Spain's monsters at the back, Ramos, Pique and goalscorer Carles Puyol, celebrate Puyol's goal

pedroshot_reuters_1674828i.jpg

A long range effort from Pedro is palmed away by Manuel Neuer

penaltyshout_epa_1674812i.jpg

Sergio Ramos' tackle on Mesut Ozil sends the playmaker to the ground, but the referee gives nothing

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

villachance_reuter_1674780i.jpg

In for the kill: David Villa's chance is snuffed out by Manuel Neuer

iniesta_ap_1674817i.jpg

Keep an eye on him: the wonderful Andres Iniesta is given special attention by three German players

klosepuyol_afp_1674818i.jpg

Miroslav Klose sends Carles Puyol to the floor with his brute strength

mesutozil_afp_1674782i.jpg

Catch me if you can: Sergio Busquets tries in vain to keep up with the livewire Mesut Ozil

villa_afp_1674814i.jpg

Unbelievable: golden boot contender David Villa can't quite believe the foul isn't given

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

alonsopodolski_reu_1674796i.jpg

Sick trick: Lukas Podolski appears to have super ball control with his head, much to the amazement of Xabi Alonso

corner_reuters_1674785i.jpg

Safety first: a fiercely contested corner is punched away by Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas

iniestalahm_ap_1674806i.jpg

No man's land: Philipp Lahm and Andres Iniesta are all alone as they challenge for the aerial ball

klosealonso_afp_1674801i.jpg

Mind the gap: Miroslav Klose breaks through Xabi Alonso and Sergio Busquets

ozilpiquepuyol_afp_1674786i.jpg

Between a rock and a hard place: the uncompromising central defensive partnership of Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol sniff out the danger from Mesut Ozil

piqueklose_reuters_1674781i.jpg

Too close for comfort: two towers of strength, Gerard Pique and Miroslav Klose, tussle for the ball

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

casillasklose_ap_1674793i.jpg

Goalkeeper Iker Casillas is rushed into a clearance by the on-rushing Miroslav Klose

iniestaschw_afp_1674777i.jpg

Close quarters: the midfield battle between Andres Iniesta and Bastian Schweinsteiger is contested

busquetspodolski_a_1674778i.jpg

Your ball: both Sergio Busquets and Lucas Podolski don't appear too keen on fighting for the ball.

huddle_afp_1674776i.jpg

Team spirit: the German side huddle up before attempting to reach a World Cup final for the first time since 1990

iniestavaldes_fifa_1674771i.jpg

Barcelona teammates Victor Valdes and Andres Iniesta get ready for Spain's first World Cup semi-final since 1950.

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkTfWggIRuA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkTfWggIRuA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uruguay 2 Germany 3 -- World Cup 2010 third-place play-off

World Cup 2010 third-place play-off
Uruguay 2 Germany 3

uruguay-fan-epa_1676634i.jpg

Blue is the colour: Uruguay's fans were as colourful as ever...

sarah-gi_1676637i.jpg

... while Germany had the WAGS in support, including Bastian Schweinsteiger's girlfriend, Sarah Brandner (right)

uruaguay-team_1676640i.jpg

Team spirit: the entire Uruguay squad assemble for the obligatory pre-match photo...

GERMANY-TEAM-REUTE_1676641i.jpg

... while Germany opt for the customary 11

fuclie-gi_1676638i.jpg

All to play for: Jorge Fucile battles for the ball with Bastian Schweinsteiger in the early stages of the match

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

FORLAN-FK-GI_1676645i.jpg

Diego Forlan sees his early free-kick strike the wall

muller-goal-ap_1676653i.jpg

Thomas Müller taps home from close range to open the scoring, after Fernando Muslera could only parry Bastian Schweinsteiger's shot

germabny-celebrate_1676660i.jpg

Golden boy: Thomas Müller celebrates with Bastian Schweinsteiger and Mesut Özil

cavani-goal-gi_1676657i.jpg

Parity: Edinson Cavani slides home his first goal of the tournament to put Uruguay back on level terms...

<!-- google_ad_section_end(name=s1) -->​
<table class="image" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>
cavani-celebrate-e_1676659i.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>

... and celebrates with his team-mates in style

Legolas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

suarez-gi_1676664i.jpg

Near miss: Luis Suárez knows he should have done better after dragging a shot wide

fucile-ap_1676666i.jpg

Safety first: Jorge Fucile clears Uruguayan lines

forlan-volley-gi_1676669i.jpg

Turnaround: Diego Forlan volleys home his fifth goal of the tournament to put Uruguay 2-1 ahead

butt-gi_1676681i.jpg

Jörg Butt smothers the ball at the feet of Edison Cavani

jansen-gi_1676675i.jpg

Marcell Jansen rises above Fernando Muslera to head Gemany level