• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2010~Odds

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
End of Tournament: 12/07/2010

Team No. Team Odds
01 SPAIN 4.20
02 BRAZIL 4.50
03 ENGLAND 6.00
04 ARGENTINA 10.00
05 ITALY 11.00
06 GERMANY 11.00
07 HOLLAND 12.00
08 FRANCE 15.00
09 IVORY COAST 20.00
10 PORTUGAL 20.00
11 CHILE 50.00
12 PARAGUAY 50.00
13 GHANA 60.00
14 SERBIA 60.00
15 USA 70.00
16 NIGERIA 70.00
17 URUGUAY 70.00
18 DENMARK 70.00
19 MEXICO 70.00
20 CAMEROON 75.00
21 SOUTH AFRICA 80.00
22 GREECE 90.00
23 AUSTRALIA 100.00
24 SWITZERLAND 120.00
25 SLOVAKIA 150.00
26 SLOVENIA 150.00
27 JAPAN 150.00
28 KOREA REP 150.00
29 ALGERIA 300.00
30 HONDURAS 350.00
31 KOREA DPR 500.00
32 NEW ZEALAND 500.00

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
England third favourites ahead of Argentina, Italy, Germany, Holland and France? Crazy odds.

Ivory Coast one of the top ten favourites? Expecting magic or miracle from Didier Drogba? Crazy odds.

It'd be a grand spectacle if the final is England v. Ivory Coast.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the world cup is hosted in America no European countries
won the cup and when it is hosted in Europe countries no
American countries won the cup, so in Africa..?
An African country will win the cup? Ivory Coast?? Ghana??
Last world cup i got it right for Italy @$9.00 because
it is held in Germany.
This world cup quite tough, most top teams are not
convincing eough, except Spain.
Maybe, i will try Holland.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
England third favourites ahead of Argentina, Italy, Germany, Holland and France? Crazy odds.

Ivory Coast one of the top ten favourites? Expecting magic or miracle from Didier Drogba? Crazy odds.

It'd be a grand spectacle if the final is England v. Ivory Coast.

I predict an African team will at least make it to the semi-finals, if not the Final.

I haven't pored through the fixture list yet but I will again put my **** on the line here.

Argentina to win WC 2010. Don't say I never tell you. I chop if it doesn't. :wink:

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank You for the post. I love to read interesting post that has knowledge to impart. These kinds of post are very helpful to me to increase my knowledge on different facts about life and other matters. I hope to read more articles from you and in return I will post also my articles in the forum so that others can benefit from it. Keep up the good work!

You are another link monkey spamming with same copy n paste messages. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already said it before leow. No team other than Brazil has ever won the World Cup outside their continent.

I am not sure whether Spain can do it but I would put money on either Spain or Brazil for the coming World Cup.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will place a small fun bet on Brazil,Argentina and Holland.
Spain maybe the dark horse in this world cup as they never won it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I already said it before leow. No team other than Brazil has ever won the World Cup outside their continent.

Not only has Brazil won the World Cup outside its own continent, it has won the World Cup in every continent that has hosted the World Cup before.

1958: Brazil won in Sweden (Europe)
1962: Brazil won in Chile (South America)
1970: Brazil won in Mexico (North America)
1994: Brazil won in USA (North America)
2002: Brazil won in Korea/Japan (Asia)

Interestingly, Brazil failed to win the World Cup when it hosted in 1950 (Uruguay won that one with a huge upset 2:1 win over Brazil). All other World Cup-winning countries have won it as hosts before.

Uruguay (hosted in 1930, won)
Italy (hosted in 1934 and 1990, won in 1934)
England (hosted in 1966, won)
Germany (hosted in 1974 and 2006, won in 1974)
Argentina (hosted in 1978, won)
France (hosted in 1938 and 1998, won in 1998)

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uruguay (hosted in 1930, won)
Italy (hosted in 1934 and 1990, won in 1934)
England (hosted in 1966, won)
Germany (hosted in 1974 and 2006, won in 1974)
Argentina (hosted in 1978, won)
France (hosted in 1938 and 1998, won in 1998)

So Africa got chance? Best bet for Africa countries
are Ivory Coast and Ghana but Ivory Coast in the
group of death, Brazil, Portugal, Ivory Coast and N. Korea,
It will be between Ivory Coast and Portugal to the next round.
Group D ~ Germany, Serbia, Australia and Ghana.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
U heard it here. If Spain can reach quarters, its over achievement liao let alone winning it. Spain will not appear in the final.

Best bet is the ARGIES & hopefully PRIMA-RADONA get the boot before the WC. Get back Basile. They have the best players in the world but lack of a good tactician coach.

The other contenders -
Holland. I liked the new coach, Bert van Marwijk. His recent record speaks for itself. Played 11 won 8 draw 2 lost 1 since he took over from Van Bastard.
Germany - Solid, well oiled machine & got a bit of flair in Mesut Ozil (Turkish parentage), Jerome Boateng (Ghana) & Marko Marin (Bremen). Young, plenty of fire & has less ego than the previous bunch of internationals
Switzerland - Ottmar Hitzfeld has taken over. He may not have the best players at his disposal but his record speaks volume on what he can do with a bunch of average players.
Serbia - Radomir Antic. Enuff said. Dont expect them to get humiliated in the 1st round like the last WC (as Serbia-Montenegro) Watch out for PSV striker Lanzovic to shine on the biggest stage

As you see it, i think the coaches will take the limelight instead of the players. Portugal wont make it even if they have 10 Ronaldos & 1 Quieroz. Bosnia (coached by Blaezic) came so blardy close & they had great players in Dzeko & Misimovic.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So Africa got chance? Best bet for Africa countries
are Ivory Coast and Ghana but Ivory Coast in the
group of death, Brazil, Portugal, Ivory Coast and N. Korea,
It will be between Ivory Coast and Portugal to the next round.
Group D ~ Germany, Serbia, Australia and Ghana.

I'm not betting on who'd go through, but my support is with Ivory Coast and North Korea. It'd be a great shock of course. Brazil has suffered a first round group stage knock-out only once, in 1966 under the feet of Portugal led by Eusebio (read now in 2010 Portugal led by Cristiano Ronaldo).

In that same year, though in another group, North Korea beat Italy to qualify for the next round. If North Korea could knock out Italy and Portugal could knock out Brazil in 1966, anything goes in 2010.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every 4 years since 1966 (except for 1974, 1978 and 1994), England supporters chant the same slogan, This Could Be England's Year (Again).

U heard it here. If Spain can reach quarters, its over achievement liao let alone winning it. Spain will not appear in the final.

Best bet is the ARGIES & hopefully PRIMA-RADONA get the boot before the WC. Get back Basile. They have the best players in the world but lack of a good tactician coach.

The other contenders -
Holland. I liked the new coach, Bert van Marwijk. His recent record speaks for itself. Played 11 won 8 draw 2 lost 1 since he took over from Van Bastard.
Germany - Solid, well oiled machine & got a bit of flair in Mesut Ozil (Turkish parentage), Jerome Boateng (Ghana) & Marko Marin (Bremen). Young, plenty of fire & has less ego than the previous bunch of internationals
Switzerland - Ottmar Hitzfeld has taken over. He may not have the best players at his disposal but his record speaks volume on what he can do with a bunch of average players.
Serbia - Radomir Antic. Enuff said. Dont expect them to get humiliated in the 1st round like the last WC (as Serbia-Montenegro) Watch out for PSV striker Lanzovic to shine on the biggest stage

As you see it, i think the coaches will take the limelight instead of the players. Portugal wont make it even if they have 10 Ronaldos & 1 Quieroz. Bosnia (coached by Blaezic) came so blardy close & they had great players in Dzeko & Misimovic.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not betting on who'd go through, but my support is with Ivory Coast and North Korea. It'd be a great shock of course. Brazil has suffered a first round group stage knock-out only once, in 1966 under the feet of Portugal led by Eusebio (read now in 2010 Portugal led by Cristiano Ronaldo).

In that same year, though in another group, North Korea beat Italy to qualify for the next round. If North Korea could knock out Italy and Portugal could knock out Brazil in 1966, anything goes in 2010.

I admire your courage in supporting the underdogs. But if a team dont score, they dont win. Ive seen how Northern Gooks played. Plenty of teamwork, solid defending BUT no flair & no potent strikers. Its just like the early debut of South Korea. Plenty of running but lack the maturity. I forsee them to go out in the 1st round.

Eusebio = legend. C Ronaldo = not yet.

Who's the current coach for Cote D'Ivoire?

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Team No. Team Odds
01 SPAIN 4.50
02 BRAZIL 3.50
03 ENGLAND 12.00
04 ARGENTINA 4.50
06 GERMANY 10.00
07 HOLLAND 6.80
10 PORTUGAL 22.00
11 CHILE 35.00