• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woody confesses: Tin Pei Ling ‘a factor’ for weak results

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/tin-pei-ling-factor-weaker-performance-sm-goh-160414205.html

marineparadegrc.jpg

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong has admitted the negative publicity surrounding Tin Pei Ling was a factor to the People's Action Party's (PAP) weaker performance at Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC).

Speaking after his team's victory parade around Marine Parade GRC on Sunday morning, SM Goh said that she has been given that negative image from the very start and added that her youth was also a factor.

"I mean, she was a factor. Nicole Seah was also a factor. She communicated very well. She spoke quite persuasively to the younger people as well as some older people.

"So, I could sense that quite a few people supported her. So both were factors," he said.

However, SM Goh added that Tin is not at fault in wanting to be an MP.

"They thought it's all Tin Pei Ling's fault. It's not," he said.

"The PAP wanted to have a representative slate. She came in on that basis by the PAP. We knew that she was young but we know that she will grow. I think that's the key.

"We wanted her. If there's anything, we knew that she would be young and inexperienced but we are quite happy.

"And the main thing is she has got through. And that's the reason why people are unhappy that such a young and inexperienced person has got through," he added.

"We have five years. If after five years, Tin Pei Ling remains what she is, then of course, she would still be a factor at the next election.

"But at this stage, looking at her action, in three years time, she would be a different Tin Pei Ling."

SM Goh also acknowledged the "sea of change in the political landscape" and that the "tide was very strong".

SM Goh's Marine Parade GRC team successfully fended off a challenge by the National Solidarity Party team to defend their ward, but their winning percentage of votes was only 56.6 per cent, much lower than the party's national average of 60.1 per cent.

"I was expecting, to be frank, a slightly better result, but we were prepared for this kind of result. Because for us, it's a new situation. There is a sea of change in the political landscape," said SM Goh.

Touching on the loss of Foreign Minister George Yeo as an MP, SM Goh said, "It's very painful that we lost him, very painful indeed. And the pain for the country will also be felt... It's a loss, he is a good personal friend."

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I mean, she was a factor. Nicole Seah was also a factor. She communicated very well. She spoke quite persuasively to the younger people as well as some older people. "So, I could sense that quite a few people supported her. So both were factors," he said"

woodynopecker, salivating over Nicole Seah, the 'little nonya' ha ha ha, must be wishing that he should have her as a choice rather than 'Rin Tin Tin', now Nicole will be courted by other Oppo parties. :biggrin:

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think HE was a factor too. I used to like his consultative style. Now, he comes across like an arrogant know all who's completely lost touch with the ground. Sadly, he's deteriorating faster than MM...

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My gut feel tells me the BG (far right of photo) is the only credible and serious guy of the butch and obviously disgusted with his team mates.

His expressions tells it all. Obviously disgusted to see what the other fucking clown is doing in front of the mic. Must have been a real insult to be teamed with this bunch of clowns.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/tin-pei-ling-factor-weaker-performance-sm-goh-160414205.html

marineparadegrc.jpg

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong has admitted the negative publicity surrounding Tin Pei Ling was a factor to the People's Action Party's (PAP) weaker performance at Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC).

Speaking after his team's victory parade around Marine Parade GRC on Sunday morning, SM Goh said that she has been given that negative image from the very start and added that her youth was also a factor.

"I mean, she was a factor. Nicole Seah was also a factor. She communicated very well. She spoke quite persuasively to the younger people as well as some older people.

"So, I could sense that quite a few people supported her. So both were factors," he said.

However, SM Goh added that Tin is not at fault in wanting to be an MP.

"They thought it's all Tin Pei Ling's fault. It's not," he said.

"The PAP wanted to have a representative slate. She came in on that basis by the PAP. We knew that she was young but we know that she will grow. I think that's the key.

"We wanted her. If there's anything, we knew that she would be young and inexperienced but we are quite happy.

"And the main thing is she has got through. And that's the reason why people are unhappy that such a young and inexperienced person has got through," he added.

"We have five years. If after five years, Tin Pei Ling remains what she is, then of course, she would still be a factor at the next election.

"But at this stage, looking at her action, in three years time, she would be a different Tin Pei Ling."

SM Goh also acknowledged the "sea of change in the political landscape" and that the "tide was very strong".

SM Goh's Marine Parade GRC team successfully fended off a challenge by the National Solidarity Party team to defend their ward, but their winning percentage of votes was only 56.6 per cent, much lower than the party's national average of 60.1 per cent.

"I was expecting, to be frank, a slightly better result, but we were prepared for this kind of result. Because for us, it's a new situation. There is a sea of change in the political landscape," said SM Goh.

Touching on the loss of Foreign Minister George Yeo as an MP, SM Goh said, "It's very painful that we lost him, very painful indeed. And the pain for the country will also be felt... It's a loss, he is a good personal friend."

tweedy4

agree he's getting very LaoLee like with ihis arrogant, condescending & know-all attitude.

let's not forget also his attacks on his former PPS (TJS) and hsi reposnse to the latter's rebuttals - that too is a factor. I hope he's not trying to shift the blame only to TPL.

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about his personal attack on Tan SJ ?? Obviously that was also a factor .....
He should take some responsibility instead of throwing his subordinates under the bus.................

jw5

Loyal
She was standing right there when he said that!

It's fantastic! :biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, additional S$15,000 a month for the next 5 years, nevermind what Woody says, after work I will go for that LV. This girl is savvy, look is deceiving, the making of a politician requires thick face and black heart..this girl apparently got thick face.

She was standing right there when he said that!
It's fantastic! :biggrin:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

54677701.gif

I am better. I just need to ride the coattail of Woody. Hehe

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="225" height="149" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MV0hiDwcMmM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Re: Petition to remove Tin Pei Ling
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

Here is what our MP: Ms Tin Pei Ling wore during voting day. Beside her is her husband Ng How Yue (Principle private secretary to PM Lee hsien loong) ... now

u know how she becomes an MP ?

225306_10150235049050210_655880209_8760823_1152344_n.jpg