• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman tells court: My husband's 'mistress' set me up

Micron

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woman tells court: My husband's 'mistress' set me up

20140507_businesswoman_st.jpg

Lee Lian Huay, a businesswoman leaving the State Courts on 6 May 2014.

Joyce Lim
The Straits Times
Friday, May 09, 2014

A businesswoman accused of stealing from a woman she believed to be her husband's mistress, has accused the woman of setting her up so that she can be with him.

Yesterday, Lee Lian Huay, 44, took the stand and denied taking any item from complainant Koh Li Ching when they ran into each other while visiting Lee's husband in hospital.

"She's attempting to set me up, so that I will end up in jail and she can be with my husband. I can't possibly plead guilty and let them have their way," said Lee, who runs investment firm Golden Hung Ho Holdings with her husband, Mr Ong Wee Chuan, 48.

Yesterday, Lee testified in court that the prosecution had told her she would be given only a warning if she pleaded guilty to theft. But she said she would not do so "because of my dignity".

"I want to come to court to give my explanation and prove my innocence," she said.

Lee had been charged with one count of theft for allegedly taking eight items worth $4,695 in total from the handbag of Madam Koh, an employment agency owner.

These included an iPhone valued at $1,200, a Louis Vuitton wallet valued at $995, a Hublot watch of unknown value and $2,500 in cash.

Madam Koh, 48, a divorcee with three grown-up children, had denied having an "adulterous relationship" with Mr Ong, but evidence produced in court seemed to suggest otherwise.

The alleged theft took place on Sept 2 last year when the two women met for the first time while visiting Mr Ong at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, where he was warded after an operation.

Dim sum was spilled and the two women got into a scuffle.

Madam Koh jabbed her finger at Lee, while Mr Ong threw his drip stand in the direction of his wife, apparently in a bid to separate them, the court heard.