• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman taken aback after seeing monks shopping at luxury outlets and iPhones

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What do you mean by real or fake monk machiam Christian trying to speak up for their cult by saying someone is fake Christian when they wanted to protect their cult name . there's no real religious people on earth because we all are human and we will do what man supposed to do and can't go against nature. So no point being a hypocrites :wink:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
100% FAKE MONKS! Real monks are supposed to have given up all their earthly pleasures and desires and that definitely includes unnecessary material possessions. Porsche Design shoes, clothes;Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus some more! Wtf! These monks ought to be disgraced and disrobed!:rolleyes:

The desire to achieve nirvana contradicts the basic philosophy of Buddhism.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean by real or fake monk machiam Christian trying to speak up for their cult by saying someone is fake Christian when they wanted to protect their cult name . there's no real religious people on earth because we all are human and we will do what man supposed to do and can't go against nature. So no point being a hypocrites :wink:

Two thousand years ago, most human beings worshiped a wide variety of local and regional idols. Think of the old Greek and Roman gods like Zeus or Neptune, which still have a (small) place in modern memory. These gods were capricious,immediately grasp how revolutionary this was . . . and is. Two thousand years ago, most human beings worshiped a wide variety of local and regional idols. Think of the old Greek and Roman gods like Zeus or Neptune, which still have a (small) place in modern memory. These gods were capricious, unreliable and competitive with each other. Many had to be appeased with human sacrifices. And none, absolutely none, was portrayed as being our “heavenly Father.” Some people decry the God of Israel as portrayed in the Old Testament as some vengeful deity who smote people right and left. But a careful analysis will reveal a very different picture. Throughout the entire Old Testament, one theme rings true again and again, and it is the message of the very first of the 10 Commandments: “I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me” (Deuteronomy 5: 6-7, NASB). Throughout the Old Testament it seems that God was preparing the people of Israel to be the world’s first consistently monotheistic people. Finally, after many missteps, lost opportunities and even exiles, Israel got the message. That set the stage for Jesus’ truly radical teachings . . . and the New Testament . Jesus taught things that were truly radical for His day (or any day). Love for our enemies, the power of servantleadership, the separation of church and state . . . and the ultimate truth: that we have a heavenly Father who loves us and has provided a way for us to have a relationship with Him as His beloved children. That love doesn’t depend on our looks, our wealth or our family connections, and it doesn’t depend on how much we do for Him or sacrifice to Him— as the old pagan gods used to demand. His love is there for each of us just because He loves us. As the old saying goes, “We are engraved on the palm of His hand.” Think about it: If Jesus had shown up in a polytheistic culture (that is to say, a place where many different gods were worshiped), He would have been just one god among many. Interesting teachings, sure. But, hey, just one more god to add to the list of gods we worship around here. No big deal. Instead, Jesus showed up in Israel, the only monotheistic society in the world at the time, and claimed to be the only Son of the only God who was, in fact, the heavenly Father of us all. That was so radical that the religious and political leaders of the time conspired to put Him to death. But remember, without the prep work done in the Old Testament to help Israel become the world’s first consistently monotheistic culture , none of it would have mattered.Today, the large majority of human beings belong to a very small number of faith traditions. For the atheist, it is very hard to explain how the “illegitimate” son of an itinerant carpenter who was executed as a criminal is now the head of the world’s largest religion: Christianity. The fact that more than over two billion people on earth today are Christians in one form or another is very hard to explain apart from a supernatural power. The fact that the second largest faith tradition (Islam) also springs from Old Testament roots— and acknowledges Jesus as the “Christ” and “the foremost of God’s prophets”— is also a tricky “coincidence” for your typical atheist. And the fact that the oldest of the world’s major monotheistic religions (Judaism) is the faith from which both Christianity and Islam springs . . . well, that is another unanswerable conundrum for the atheist believer. My point here is not to bash atheists , for whom I actually have a great deal of intellectual respect. To be a sincere atheist is a tremendous leap of faith (which is why I use the term “atheist believer”). In fact, it is at least as great a leap of faith as the one I made in becoming a Christian in my senior year at Dartmouth College. And whereas my leap of faith has resulted in many years of (sometimes difficult) personal growth in love and hope and joy, the leap of faith of the sincere atheist lands him in a world where nothing really matters. Nothing. Because ifyou believe that we are just atoms that happened to come together when we are born and then come apart when we die, there can be no truth. No God. No soul. No right. No wrong. The law of the jungle is ultimately the only law, because the strongest makes the rules . . . whatever they are. Yes, I have a great deal of respect for all sincere atheists. They have a certain strength of character that I lack. In a world like that, I would rather not live. Fortunately, the teaching of the Old and New Testaments leads to this great revelation: You and I both have a heavenly Father who loves us— and all people— as His very own children. As John 1: 12 states, “Yet to all who received [Christ], to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” That means that our life does have meaning— and that there can be a true right and wrong . It means that we must respect and honor all men and women as God’s children. It means that this life on earth is not the end of the story. In fact, this life on earth is just a short preamble to a much more beautiful story to come. It also means that our heavenly Father can understand what it means to be a dad, for He Himself has a Son. That Son, in turn, can fully identify with our weaknesses and the difficulties of our lives. In fact, He died to break the power of sin and death in our lives. And when He rose from the grave (the proof that the power of sin and death had been defeated), He left us His Holy Spirit to help us to be better people, better men, better fathers.

Be a better dad today. Slayton Gregory W.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Two thousand years ago, most human beings worshiped a wide variety of local and regional idols. Think of the old Greek and Roman gods like Zeus or Neptune, which still have a (small) place in modern memory. These gods were capricious,immediately grasp how revolutionary this was . . . and is. Two thousand years ago, most human beings worshiped a wide variety of local and regional idols. Think of the old Greek and Roman gods like Zeus or Neptune, which still have a (small) place in modern memory. These gods were capricious, unreliable and competitive with each other. Many had to be appeased with human sacrifices. And none, absolutely none, was portrayed as being our “heavenly Father.” Some people decry the God of Israel as portrayed in the Old Testament as some vengeful deity who smote people right and left. But a careful analysis will reveal a very different picture. Throughout the entire Old Testament, one theme rings true again and again, and it is the message of the very first of the 10 Commandments: “I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me” (Deuteronomy 5: 6-7, NASB). Throughout the Old Testament it seems that God was preparing the people of Israel to be the world’s first consistently monotheistic people. Finally, after many missteps, lost opportunities and even exiles, Israel got the message. That set the stage for Jesus’ truly radical teachings . . . and the New Testament . Jesus taught things that were truly radical for His day (or any day). Love for our enemies, the power of servantleadership, the separation of church and state . . . and the ultimate truth: that we have a heavenly Father who loves us and has provided a way for us to have a relationship with Him as His beloved children. That love doesn’t depend on our looks, our wealth or our family connections, and it doesn’t depend on how much we do for Him or sacrifice to Him— as the old pagan gods used to demand. His love is there for each of us just because He loves us. As the old saying goes, “We are engraved on the palm of His hand.” Think about it: If Jesus had shown up in a polytheistic culture (that is to say, a place where many different gods were worshiped), He would have been just one god among many. Interesting teachings, sure. But, hey, just one more god to add to the list of gods we worship around here. No big deal. Instead, Jesus showed up in Israel, the only monotheistic society in the world at the time, and claimed to be the only Son of the only God who was, in fact, the heavenly Father of us all. That was so radical that the religious and political leaders of the time conspired to put Him to death. But remember, without the prep work done in the Old Testament to help Israel become the world’s first consistently monotheistic culture , none of it would have mattered.Today, the large majority of human beings belong to a very small number of faith traditions. For the atheist, it is very hard to explain how the “illegitimate” son of an itinerant carpenter who was executed as a criminal is now the head of the world’s largest religion: Christianity. The fact that more than over two billion people on earth today are Christians in one form or another is very hard to explain apart from a supernatural power. The fact that the second largest faith tradition (Islam) also springs from Old Testament roots— and acknowledges Jesus as the “Christ” and “the foremost of God’s prophets”— is also a tricky “coincidence” for your typical atheist. And the fact that the oldest of the world’s major monotheistic religions (Judaism) is the faith from which both Christianity and Islam springs . . . well, that is another unanswerable conundrum for the atheist believer. My point here is not to bash atheists , for whom I actually have a great deal of intellectual respect. To be a sincere atheist is a tremendous leap of faith (which is why I use the term “atheist believer”). In fact, it is at least as great a leap of faith as the one I made in becoming a Christian in my senior year at Dartmouth College. And whereas my leap of faith has resulted in many years of (sometimes difficult) personal growth in love and hope and joy, the leap of faith of the sincere atheist lands him in a world where nothing really matters. Nothing. Because ifyou believe that we are just atoms that happened to come together when we are born and then come apart when we die, there can be no truth. No God. No soul. No right. No wrong. The law of the jungle is ultimately the only law, because the strongest makes the rules . . . whatever they are. Yes, I have a great deal of respect for all sincere atheists. They have a certain strength of character that I lack. In a world like that, I would rather not live. Fortunately, the teaching of the Old and New Testaments leads to this great revelation: You and I both have a heavenly Father who loves us— and all people— as His very own children. As John 1: 12 states, “Yet to all who received [Christ], to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” That means that our life does have meaning— and that there can be a true right and wrong . It means that we must respect and honor all men and women as God’s children. It means that this life on earth is not the end of the story. In fact, this life on earth is just a short preamble to a much more beautiful story to come. It also means that our heavenly Father can understand what it means to be a dad, for He Himself has a Son. That Son, in turn, can fully identify with our weaknesses and the difficulties of our lives. In fact, He died to break the power of sin and death in our lives. And when He rose from the grave (the proof that the power of sin and death had been defeated), He left us His Holy Spirit to help us to be better people, better men, better fathers.

Be a better dad today. Slayton Gregory W.

You are posting Nonsense again, go and read your early version of your storybook it shows your invisible man is full of hatred and what do you mean by Jesus die for your sin? If he's willing to die his last word on the cross wouldn't be " oh lord, why have you forsake me " :wink:.