• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman spends SG$3 MILLION on pussies

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday September 20, 2010
Woman loses fortune looking after strays

A 55-YEAR-OLD woman has drained her S$3mil (RM7.02mil) fortune on stray dogs and cats over the past six years in Singapore.

Sin Chew Daily reported that the woman, known only as Lau, had been spending thousands of dollars monthly on pet food and rental of a farm where she keeps the 150 cats and dogs.

Her good deed started six years ago when she felt uncomfortable with the way stray cats were killed.

The jade seller said she could no longer afford the high expenses needed to keep the strays.

She said the farm owner had issued an eviction notice as she owed three months in rental.

“If I were to close down the farm, where are these strays supposed to go? They are so adorable, I feel sad to let them go,” Lau said.

Lau, who has since sold off a few of her collectible items to pay for the rental and upkeep of the animals, said she would persevere in her commitment to keep the strays.

A close friend said Lau was under tremendous pressure after being issued with the eviction notice.

The close friend hoped the public would help adopt some of the strays to reduce Lau’s burden.

> China Press reported that celebrity spiritual adviser Master Kin Nam, popularly known as Bai Long Wang, met his followers at his temple in Thailand for the first time in 60 days since falling ill.

A 44-year-old Singaporean known as Shen, had initially gone to the temple last Friday to offer prayers.

He was shocked when Pet, the daughter of the master, excitedly asked them to go in and meet the 72-year-old.

The daily quoted Bai as saying: “You two are very lucky! This is the first time I am meeting my followers in 60 days.”

He advised Shen to keep his temperament in check and not to argue with his wife.

Other News & Views is compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with a >, it denotes a separate news item.