• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Woman killed by cement mixer while cycling in Yishun

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have already mentioned before that s'pore roads are unsafe, you have to look left and right even before crossing a one way road. this is the result of pap gahment mis-management. everywhere is overcrowded and accidents tend to happen. dun think that it will not happen to you, once you stepped in s'pore, be cautious.
sinkielan elites drive cars ... evry sinkielan elite family has 2 cars ... dey dun wok on roads ...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree 99.765438654790986% with this statement of yours.....however if the truck driver belongs to this forum he has to give way to a certain cyclist otherwise he may end up being banned from posting for 24 months.

yes i know what you mean when dealing with "special needs" kids. surrounded with many handlers and protected by doting adults.

image.jpg

stuffycunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
pedestrian crossing is for pedestrians not bicycles. cyclists should dismount and push the bike. drivers cannot react on time when suddenly these cyclists just suddenly speed across the zebra and expect the car to jam brake for them

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
one less chinese .i hope more of them cycle to work. I hope more mat and indian drivers flatten them down to ensure their population remains within a certain quota.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
All my life I have looked left & look right before I cross, wait till the lights turn GREEN in my favour & the cars stopped before I cross or check there is no motorcycles coming down the road fast or bicycles or nowadays the motorised ones....but then again, it is quite "dangerous" walking next to roads ...you have motorcycle falling from the skies, taxis coming from nowhere etc...
Wasted. Now must look up n down also. Can fall from skies n rise from grave.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasted. Now must look up n down also. Can fall from skies n rise from grave.

Started doing that too, left/right, Up/Down....I even have a basic survival kit, when travelling on MRT in my bag....(1) Hong Yu ( Medicated Oil), (2) Face Mask, (3) Torch Light (4) Whistle (5) Plasters, (6) Paracetamol....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also think so they are PRCs. I have seen many PRC and Indian cyclists in yishun who ride in a haphazard manner. They can even ride in the opposite direction. When driving and turning right, you see the road is clear and started turning and suddenly these cyclists would dash thru the pedestrian crossing in a fast speed. Should not judge things by looking at surface and start insulting others.

When I was in Taipei, using the crossing at the lights, I noticed the vehicles & human traffic or bicycle traffic, don't mix, that is, after you have crossed the lights change green for the vehicles to move. Whereas here, it is different. I noticed too, they have a dedicated lane for bicycle next to the pedestrian one for crossing the junctions. We are just a 'peesai' country, guess, we don't have space, but we have overpaid people ( bet you more than any of those in Taipei) in LTA whose job to do minimum work, for maximum pay. They are not there to serve the public.

Those in the pictures look like Ah Tiongs....in China (PRC) it is normal to cross, when they like & getting knock down & killed, is normal too....the cement mixer driver, is just, "unfortunate", who knows another Ah Tiong or 'jiu hu gia'..:rolleyes:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA could do the taipei way too by converting all right turn junctions to red-yellow-green arrow system.

the green arrow for opposite lane motorists turning right only appears when all other motorists and pedestrians are shown the red light.

but you still can't stop the jaywalkers from beating the red light and that's when accidents happen.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTA could do the taipei way too by converting all right turn junctions to red-yellow-green arrow system.

the green arrow for opposite lane motorists turning right only appears when all other motorists and pedestrians are shown the red light.

but you still can't stop the jaywalkers from beating the red light and that's when accidents happen.

bad idea.. its better to add new COE

Cat AA - bicycle, mobilty scooter, hoverboard and skateboard that travel 15kmH and lower min bid $5,0000
Cat AAA - bicycle, mobilty scooter, hoverboard and skateboard that travel 15kmH to 40kmH min bid $15,0000
Cat AAAA - bicycle, mobilty scooter, hoverboard and skateboard that travel no speed limited min bid $25,0000

Cat BB - pedestrain with big lumpar, blur cock, ipad stuckup in arse who walk 1m/min or lower min bid $5,0000
Cat BBB - pedestrain with big lumpar, blur cock, ipad stuckup in arse n act like big fark who walk 1m/min min bid $15,0000
Cat BBBB - pedestrain with big lumpar, blur cock, ipad stuckup in arse n act like big fark who fark care other road use, no nid to bid, free but allowed to b rolled over by any other road users

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typically the answer is correct. At the corner of yr eye the receptacles r seeking out objects much larger to process. A small moving object usually being ignored until it gets closer n bigger. The risk is not to the driver in a protecred mode of large vehicle so preception wise it is being ignored until he goes to collision mode. The blind spot is one such example.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also think so they are PRCs. I have seen many PRC and Indian cyclists in yishun who ride in a haphazard manner. They can even ride in the opposite direction. When driving and turning right, you see the road is clear and started turning and suddenly these cyclists would dash thru the pedestrian crossing in a fast speed. Should not judge things by looking at surface and start insulting others.

singapore roads are not safe for cyclist. it was designed for cars and drivers never give a damn to cyclist as they are seen as pest and slow down the road.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkielan elites drive cars ... evry sinkielan elite family has 2 cars ... dey dun wok on roads ...

I drive one, my wife drive one....so?...FAMILIAR? now I am MP...my children, each will drive one..soon!....JEALOUS?...ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore roads are not safe for cyclist. it was designed for cars and drivers never give a damn to cyclist as they are seen as pest and slow down the road.

Yes, I stopped cycling on our roads for decades, after one SBS BUS drove me off the road to the grass patch, last time you still have grass patches..nowadays it is the on coming path of another vehicle....that is why I don't cycle anymore.

Can you blame the drivers of vehicles etc....for being in a hurry, for we all here are always "beating the clock" , & our roads like you have mentioned not designed for cyclists....have you sat in the front of a public bus & watch that cyclist puffing away in front of the bus?? the bus driver..opps! CAPTAIN...have a time schedule to adhere to or else how to get award from LTA....so frustration sets in having to follow behind the cyclist....& impatient ones..will make the cyclist an INPATIENT...

It is your own peril you cycle on stinktothecore road....