• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman insulted cyclist for being 'poor' when he didn't help her pump car tyres

minuteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, the guy who posted this article should not BITCH about it in STOMP..a nice fuck you to her face would have sufficed...

Last edited:

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
The woman - probably stuck up, attitude problem, know not a thing including pumping car tyres.....SAD

The male cyclist - bochap, unhelpful, bey zhi tong, opportunist (pump his tyre when she went to get help), typical selfish i-care-my-own-business you-die-your-own-business manner of a man .....SAD

end of singapore...

Last edited:

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see two things here that I have to comment upon:

1) This is the undeniable Singapore "look-down" on others because they appear poorer than you. ie if you do not carry branded bags, wear branded clothes/shoes, eat in restaurants, live in condo or drive a car (as in this case). This poor behavior appears in many societies but somehow is very much more prominent here. Its a poor upbringing or low-class mindset thing or new-money behavior that they have to insist on being more "atas" than others. Most of these people are living on so many loans to keep up the "rich lifestyle" quietly, any serious economic crisis will wipe many off. I wonder where the Singapore society took this turn for the worse.

2) Another point here is why is there an incredible amount of Singaporeans unable to do simple maintenance on their cars? This also apples to men (in any case any of you say its a woman thing) If you observe the cars on the road, you can find expensive Mercedes or BMWs but running on strangely bald tyres that they probably never changed. Also you will find lots of then not doing maintenance eg changing the motor oils (sometimes for years until they sell the car off) or even pumping their tyres (literally expensive low profile tyres running flat till they are shredded and the reason for many breakdowns along the roads). Is this another society issue of wanting to look affluent but unable to pay for the basic upkeep of the vehicles?

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...yclist_for_being_poor_when_he_didnt_help.html

STOMPer henry got involved in an argument with a female driver after she insulted the cyclist for being 'poor' when he didn't help her pump air into her vehicle's tyres at a petrol kiosk in Braddell.

The STOMPer wrote:

"While cycling to work, I stopped at the SPC petrol kiosk at Braddell Road to pump my bicycle tyres.

"When I reached the kiosk, there was a driver who also wanted to pump air into her vehicle's tyres.

"So, I waited for my turn.

"The driver tried pumping air into the tyres but couldn't get it in.

"She then asked "is air going in?", to which I said no.

"She tried it a few more times before going up to the petrol kiosk attendant to ask for help.

"At that point of time, I took my turn and used the station to pump air into my bicyle tyres.

"When she got back, she asked why I didn't help her, and went on to say that we Singaporeans must help each other.

"I just looked at her and kept quiet but then, she started insulting me.

"I couldn't take it anymore so I told her off by saying: "When was it a must for me to help you when you never asked? And then when I don't help you, you insult me. What logic is that?

""If you're a driver and don't know how to pump air into your tyres, then you might as well take a bus or taxi!"

"But she replied: "I have never taken the bus in my life, not like you poor people who cannot afford a car!"

"Well, the rest of the conversation was made up of cursing and swearing!"

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The STOMPer wrote:

""When I reached the kiosk, there was a driver who also wanted to pump air into her vehicle's tyres.

"The driver tried pumping air into the tyres but couldn't get it in.

"She then asked "is air going in?", to which I said no.

"At that point of time, I took my turn and used the station to pump air into my bicyle tyres.

"If you're a driver and don't know how to pump air into your tyres, then you might as well take a bus or taxi!"

"

Why must the stomper keep emphasize on "pump air". Why e;se can be pump besides air ? Or is it stomper worried people might thought he want to pump the woman. :biggrin:

Last edited: