• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will ST promote TOC if Choo is a SDP member / supporter ?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Choo is not really that PR savvy. He is plain arrogant and seeks cheap publicity.

Have you wondered why TOC is so actively promoted compared to let's say Mr Brown, Mr Wang, yawning bread, sgpolitics, talkingcock.com, sintercom, singabloodypore etc ?

Not only because TOC NEVER criticize or make of PAP like these blogs, but because Choo Zheng Xi is a PAP MAN !!!

Do you think if the ST will glorify Choo and TOC if Choo is a SDP member or supporter ?

Please help spread the message to those you know not to be deceived by The Online CONS.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, it is a stupid question to us, but many netizens who worship TOC blindly did not even think of this question at all !!!

Can you believe it ? I know of netizens who believe everything written on TOC just because it is promoted by the mainstream media ! They think that a blog accepted by our eminent ST journalist has the most credibility !!!

Ng E Jay of Sgpolitics wrote more relevant, pressing and hardhitting articles than TOC, but his blog was hardly mentioned by ST.

Why? Because E Jay is a SDP supporter who took part in the TBT campaign and was charged for it !

If Choo had taken part in any of these "illegal" activities, I am sure TOC will never see the light. I think he knows it and hence if you observe, NONE of the TOC writers ever took part in any civil "activities" which may offend their PAP masters !

Truly a great ONLINE CONS. Unfortunately, there are really many out there who are CONNED and still CONNED by them.

that's a stupid question isn't it?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, if it is just a blog, there is really no issue because free speech is vital to us, the voters.

The fact that they take a centrist position is a testimony to their astuteness, unlike the SDP who keep on taking an extreme position, getting involved in ceaseless debates beyond their competence to resolve.

But if you notice, the TOC:

(a) has the ability to field a GRC team, should they wish to
(b) has taken the step to move into the limelight - in media
(c) publicize their faces to the public

This is the current situation.

How do you think it will develop over the next three years?

The top priority of the ruling party must be to resolve the issues of the past two years to the voters' satisfaction, diminish the opposition and feed the voters' need for a moderate opposition party that is credible without losing control of the whole process. For at stake, are the million dollar salaries they have as personal benefits. That, and the incredible power of a one-party state are the issues at stake here. Not to say that a lower percentage of votes will not look well for them.

So, how do you think it will develop over the next three years?

This is where we enter into the realm of hot air. If we can determine the source of fire, we will know how the hot air will rise.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the impartial voters' perspectives, these two statements MUST be true:

(1) An opposition party with one-third of parliament seats will safeguard our future

(2) A ruling party-sponsored-opposition-party will safeguard the ruling party's future

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I add that a PAP-sponsored "independent" blog akin to Malaysiakini will more than safeguard its future.

Watch out for TOC - The Online CONS.

From the impartial voters' perspectives, these two statements MUST be true:

(1) An opposition party with one-third of parliament seats will safeguard our future

(2) A ruling party-sponsored-opposition-party will safeguard the ruling party's future

twochan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason for this is because the current government isn't transparent in it's dealings. The presidential tenure of Ong Teng Cheong comes to mind. You would rather rely on someone who sold his soul to get "insider" information and compete unfairly?

getting involved in ceaseless debates beyond their competence to resolve.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason for this is because the current government isn't transparent in it's dealings. The presidential tenure of Ong Teng Cheong comes to mind. You would rather rely on someone who sold his soul to get "insider" information and compete unfairly?

If you think the SDP will ever make headway given their current focus and action, then you need to examine your premise again.

Any other political party knows that they can only get into power if someone votes for them. Over the years, political techniques for getting votes had been made into a science. Although SDP is a political party, they have yet to learn the most fundamental truth - that politics is about votes.

There is no point in blaming the ruling party. If SDP is in power, they may do the same thing because absolute power can change people relatively. If SDP wants to see some measure of success, they need to examine where they stand with voters.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Choo is not really that PR savvy. He is plain arrogant and seeks cheap publicity.

Have you wondered why TOC is so actively promoted compared to let's say Mr Brown, Mr Wang, yawning bread, sgpolitics, talkingcock.com, sintercom, singabloodypore etc ?

Not only because TOC NEVER criticize or make of PAP like these blogs, but because Choo Zheng Xi is a PAP MAN !!!

Do you think if the ST will glorify Choo and TOC if Choo is a SDP member or supporter ?

Please help spread the message to those you know not to be deceived by The Online CONS.

Dear Avantas,

First of all, we need a disclaimer from you else it will not help your cause. Do you have any bad blood with Choo? Never mind about whether he is PAP man or not. I ask this basically its important to know exactly whether your agenda is linked to your own personal grudges or simply plain political agenda.

Not that I believe you or disbelieve what you have said here. Unlike Locke, I will keep an open mind with regards to what you write here. However, it would be more convincing if you fine tune your writing style. You are using rhetorics and vicious bites in your writing which are more likely to discredit your stand rather than winning more converts.

Stick to your facts and reasonable doubts and you will be fine. But if you start to add your emotions into your writing, it makes one wonder whether there are strong personal agenda within your points.

Look at Scroobal. He basically wrote the same thing or even more revealing stuff but he has avoided personal vindictiveness in his own writing. This makes him more credible than yours which are filled with rhetorics.

Take a break. Its not going to be life and death for many people here with regards to whether Choo is a PAP man or not. All of us formed our own conclusions after what is said and done.

Goh Meng Seng

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal

Keep up the good work in unmasking PAP apologists who go about describing themselves as representing the "moderates and the middle ground". In actual fact these scums are nothing but PAP-sponsored propagandists to spread falsehood, half-truths and lies.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks GMS for your kind advice, will take note.

I do have any feud with Choo, just that I dislike him intensely. He used to be such a snob in JC. I heard even in NUS Law Faculty, he is not very popular with his classmates.

I shall leave it to forumers to judge for themselves the credibility of Choo and TOC.

Dear Avantas,

First of all, we need a disclaimer from you else it will not help your cause. Do you have any bad blood with Choo? Never mind about whether he is PAP man or not. I ask this basically its important to know exactly whether your agenda is linked to your own personal grudges or simply plain political agenda.

Not that I believe you or disbelieve what you have said here. Unlike Locke, I will keep an open mind with regards to what you write here. However, it would be more convincing if you fine tune your writing style. You are using rhetorics and vicious bites in your writing which are more likely to discredit your stand rather than winning more converts.

Stick to your facts and reasonable doubts and you will be fine. But if you start to add your emotions into your writing, it makes one wonder whether there are strong personal agenda within your points.

Look at Scroobal. He basically wrote the same thing or even more revealing stuff but he has avoided personal vindictiveness in his own writing. This makes him more credible than yours which are filled with rhetorics.

Take a break. Its not going to be life and death for many people here with regards to whether Choo is a PAP man or not. All of us formed our own conclusions after what is said and done.

Goh Meng Seng

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very astute my friend, for this you certainly deserve whatever power points I have today:wink:

This is the current situation.

How do you think it will develop over the next three years?

The top priority of the ruling party must be to resolve the issues of the past two years to the voters' satisfaction, diminish the opposition and feed the voters' need for a moderate opposition party that is credible without losing control of the whole process. For at stake, are the million dollar salaries they have as personal benefits. That, and the incredible power of a one-party state are the issues at stake here. Not to say that a lower percentage of votes will not look well for them.

Oh dear I just been informed by Sammy that I have to spread my 'love' around as I have already given you some sugar. Next time Bro:smile:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see no reason why Choo Zheng Xi needs to shy away from this question as to whether he is a PAP man at heart, one way or the other. It should not detract from the quality and content of TOC determined by rational mature objective readers. Same criteria applied when Ephraim Loy was on board.

Its not going to be life and death for many people here with regards to whether Choo is a PAP man or not. All of us formed our own conclusions after what is said and done.

Goh Meng Seng

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish to reserve my judgement on the leanings of TOC despite my experiences in that forum. If anybody insist that it is in fact a PAP front, then the issue of LBW where they apparently did nothing to control the avalanche of negative and vitriolic comments against her begs the question of whether they were taking a neutral stance or a stark reality that she had been thrown to the sharks.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very astute my friend, for this you certainly deserve whatever power points I have today:wink:

Oh dear I just been informed by Sammy that I have to spread my 'love' around as I have already given you some sugar. Next time Bro:smile:

Thanks Porfirio...the thought is much appreciated.

There is one possible scenario. It is similar to the concerns that the government had about migrants being under the control of foreign governments, to be activated when the time is ripe.

Thus, supposing this is the case:

(1) silence or containing the issues on LBW or whatever does not mean anything. Most of the thinking of people are one-dimensional - that if it is this, then it must be that.

(2) if there is an intention for him to run on the opposition ticket in 3 years' time, then obviously there is benefit to keep his links as ambiguous as possible, at this early stage. Once his creditability is built up, it will be a different matter.

(3) you may notice that progressing in this way, no one will ever ask him his plans for governing singapore - economic, social, foreign etc

This possible scenario presupposes a fifth column directly in the opposition camp.

If you will continue on this scenario itself, assuming the success of this ploy, you may be able draw even more interesting conclusions.

In a game of this sort, it is never possible to be 100% certain. Different opinions will prevail. That is why it will succeed.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other possible scenario is the one that is currently bandied about in the various posts:

(1) he is building an alternative blog, one that will have the same impact in influence as in malaysiakini

(2) having built the blog and shown his political masters his abilities, he will then be invited to join the next GE as a candidate

There could be other scenarios as we are in the realm of conjectures.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The third possible scenario is that he is a do-gooder.

Thus he has only genuine concern that the singaporeans will have access to a blog that is rich in content, moderate in view.

Given that all in this forum who knew him described him as politically ambitious, this would be the most unlikely scenario of the three described here.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Dear Goh Meng Seng,

Frankly, you have no right to tell others not to put emotions into writing. Because you have done so liberally yourself.

You used a 4-letter vulgarity on me when I did not wear the protest T-shirt on 16 Sept 2007 Freedom Walk.

You also launched a personal attack on me because I did not get arrested with the rest of the TBT protesters on 15 March 2008.

If that is not emotional, what is?

As for what Avantas wrote, I hardly think it is emotional. Emotional is when you use vulgarities concerning events which even you youself did not participate in. THAT is emotional.

Look at Scroobal. He basically wrote the same thing or even more revealing stuff concerning ME but he has avoided personal vindictiveness in his own writing. This makes him more credible than yours which are filled with rhetorics.

Take a break. Its not going to be life and death for many people here with regards to whether I walk my talk or not. All of us formed our own conclusions after what is said and done.

E-Jay