• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will I get Year-end Bonus this Year?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over the weekend, I ask my boss "Will we get year end bonus this year"...
He said "You should be grateful that you are still in the job!"

Its October already and if there is no news about bonus... Looks like it will be another low morale ending. :(

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its October already and if there is no news about bonus... Looks like it will be another low morale ending. :(

Variable bonuses, excluding the 13th month pay, however are expected to drop to 1.4 to 1.7 months, down from the average of 1.6 to 1.9 months this year, as employers continue to review their business strategies amid the uncertainty.

The sector that paid the most bonus - of up to 2.8 months - this year is the government, while the lowest paying is education.

Companies most optimistic about paying out high bonuses of up to 2.3 months next year are from the engineering and general manufacturing sectors. Those most pessimistic are from electronics manufacturing.

It depends which sector you are in my boy. Isn't it obvious that you are in the wrong industry ;p

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
they spend so much on tv commercial to let you understand that you are the monkey, and the message is "got peanut better then no peanut".

The elephant is the rich, trying to drill that into your brain.

The giraffe is the greater mortals, who have lost click with the ground, only occasionally bend their neck to take a look at what is going on on the ground, yet they are telling you "they know they know".

44mm

Alfrescian
Loyal

I feel ya. Like what some bros said : If have is a Bonus.

My company also never breathe a single word about bonus. Guess its a taboo word for them.

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well..at least ur bosses are honest...my ex boss told us we will split this certain amt and everyone will be happy...when it's time to split the loot...1001 excuses came up...buay gan...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

better not the recovery is shaky, double dip is just around the corner, the recent surge is purely on the basis of printing money. no fundamental at all.