• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will I be able to find a mate?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vietnamese brides no problem lah.

All feedback are welcome..from both sexes if possible..:smile:

I am 39 this year, O level (tried taking part time Dip but gave up coz of job). I am working in techical sales. I earn about $2.3K basic, plus monthy comm add up to $2.6k. I drive a Korean car (petrol paid by co.)

Savings - afew thousands. Currently staying with parents, thinking of getting a subsidized HDB but havent found 'the one'.

Will someone of my profile be able to 'attract' Spore chicks? I have went to SDU many years back, but no takers....:(

Some of my friends have asked me to forget it liao...almost 40, can only look forward to a bachelor retirement.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless you working in States or europe, if not,you can forget bragging!:rolleyes:

My friend,age 35, staying in Whitley area and driving a Lexus, he is a shipping broker,and earns 10K++. That is something I have heard of. Only him, a salaried worker and a successful one.

Bro

get to know more ppl....

and not ppl of your own kind..... like that u still b plonker, or chinese saying mountain tortoise.

mthly salary of 10k to 20k is becomin more common.....

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fret not! my friends ard my age are still bachelors,some never got into a relationship before. Bro, I have seen a hawker,his wife is a PRC,very chiobu! the kind that makes you want to bonk her every nite:p

I am 39 this year, O level (tried taking part time Dip but gave up coz of job). I am working in techical sales. I earn about $2.3K basic, plus monthy comm add up to $2.6k. I drive a Korean car (petrol paid by co.)

Savings - afew thousands. Currently staying with parents, thinking of getting a subsidized HDB but havent found 'the one'.

Will someone of my profile be able to 'attract' Spore chicks? I have went to SDU many years back, but no takers....:(

Some of my friends have asked me to forget it liao...almost 40, can only look forward to a bachelor retirement.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)

Firstly lets be honest and get realistic and get real in this complicated country

1.you are 39+ and the panic button has been sound..look in the mirror.. do you look like andy lau or mah bow tan....if you look like andy then i dun see any problem unless there is a problem within yourself only you know...if you look like mah bow tan than you have a slight problem but there is still hope unless you are very rich..i have a horse face friend who is very rich..marry had beautiful wife and changes girlfriends like tissue paper...my elder brother in his mid 40 still single handsome enough to get a girl and there were actually girls going after him but choose to stay single has his reason only he knows.

2.I do agree that getting marry in spore is very very very oh boy complicated.
scenario 1.staying single mean going to ATM/AXS/SAM machine once a week.

scenario 2.happily married mean going to ATM/AXS/SAM machine twice a week.

scenario 3.happily married with kids mean going to ATM/AXS/SAM machine thrice a week.

Think about it bro.
it is no wonder i heard nowadays in bataam or tg balai nearby islands off indonesia they have this thing call wife for rent why not give it a try...no lah dun try just joking:p
Anyway Good Luck in your quest or adventure in searching for a wife in this very unique country:p

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Firstly lets be honest and get realistic and get real in this complicated country

1.you are 39+ and the panic button has been sound..look in the mirror.. do you look like andy lau or mah bow tan....if you look like andy then i dun see any problem unless there is a problem within yourself only you know...if you look like mah bow tan than you have a slight problem but there is still hope unless you are very rich..i have a horse face friend who is very rich..marry had beautiful wife and changes girlfriends like tissue paper...my elder brother in his mid 40 still single handsome enough to get a girl and there were actually girls going after him but choose to stay single has his reason only he knows.

2.I do agree that getting marry in spore is very very very oh boy complicated.
scenario 1.staying single mean going to ATM/AXS/SAM machine once a week.

scenario 2.happily married mean going to ATM/AXS/SAM machine twice a week.

scenario 3.happily married with kids mean going to ATM/AXS/SAM machine thrice a week.

Think about it bro.
it is no wonder i heard nowadays in bataam or tg balai nearby islands off indonesia they have this thing call wife for rent why not give it a try...no lah dun try just joking:p
Anyway Good Luck in your quest or adventure in searching for a wife in this very unique country:p

Sorry i forgot to add.
dun forget when you decide get married you must give your new officer in charge monthly expenses and must report to camp by 2359HRS:biggrin:

autoroam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless you working in States or europe, if not,you can forget bragging!:rolleyes:

My friend,age 35, staying in Whitley area and driving a Lexus, he is a shipping broker,and earns 10K++. That is something I have heard of. Only him, a salaried worker and a successful one.

Bro

I envy u.... living in your own little world.....:p

"Ignorance Is Bliss"

Ask you ship broker friend, among his peers if he is high earner??
Ask him abt ship broker, private banker etc
check out also private tutors, stock broker, remisters, house agent etc

lastly check out offshore jobs on internet and see how much we are getting paid:biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe you are right but how can you compare your sector with majority what singaporeans doing?

Bro

I envy u.... living in your own little world.....:p

"Ignorance Is Bliss"

Ask you ship broker friend, among his peers if he is high earner??
Ask him abt ship broker, private banker etc
check out also private tutors, stock broker, remisters, house agent etc

lastly check out offshore jobs on internet and see how much we are getting paid:biggrin:

Shawshank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not despair any of you who really sincerely want .pray to God and ask Him to help you. Im confident your prayer will be answered no matter what your religion.
peace.

HA HA HA or better still go into the Religion business.

The Religion Business very good.

Just ask City Harvest, The Rock or Min Yi. $$$ *KAAA CHINGGG!!*

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you want to find a mate or a wife?
Have you really thought through the reasons?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking this seriously.

For me, i want to get a wife for sex....! :biggrin:
Just kidding.But part of the reason.we are human being...OK.Make of real flesh.So we also need Sex during acertain time.Dont think it is wise to have sex with prositute everytime.So it's better to find a wife for real good sex.
Another reason is, to take care of each other.
Lastly, don't feel bored at home...!!!

How about you guys???

jw5

Loyal
If I hadn't taken the plunge, I wouldn't have the time today to dish out grammar lessons. I'd be too busy trying to make ends meet.

One of the things I did do while I was an employee was to embark upon a project to improve my English.

I decided that high doses of moronic Singlish that I had to put up with on a daily basis was ruining my command of the language. I had to make a conscious effort to speak the language as it is supposed to be spoken. This often brought about hoots of derision but it is I who has had the last laugh.
It should be "It is I who have had the last laugh".
"I........have" not "has".

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I left a cushy job that paid pittance. Seven years later, I had built up my net worth to the point where I no longer needed to work. I now spend my time mucking around on the internet and enjoying my hobbies, sports and travel.

If you dwell on negatives, you'll be stuck in the rut you're in forever. In fact, you may end up being even worse off if you're fired or retrenched with no savings and no hope of being re hired. Health problems could also crop up which limit your options considerably.

If you think positively and actively seek opportunities to make something of your life, the school of hard knocks will make you stronger and wiser and more likely to succeed beyond your dreams.

You say you're already forty. Ask yourself what the future holds for you even if you do find a mate. Your salary is chickenshit. If you get married and have children, you'll have even less disposable income. Imagine a life living hand to mouth with no chance whatsoever of seeing the world and absorbing new experiences. All you'll do is wake up, go to work, go home, eat dinner, get a boring fuck if you're lucky and then go to bed. The next day, the cycle repeats itself.

I'd rather be dead.

please brothers, tell us how u do it???u trade forex isit?

jw5

Loyal
For me, i want to get a wife for sex....! :biggrin:
Just kidding.But part of the reason.we are human being...OK.Make of real flesh.So we also need Sex during acertain time.Dont think it is wise to have sex with prositute everytime.So it's better to find a wife for real good sex.
Another reason is, to take care of each other.
Lastly, don't feel bored at home...!!!

How about you guys???
I hope you don't go and marry a closet communist.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No fuck is ever free.

heh you are wrong wrong wrong!!! I personally know some bengs here, who are damn poor with no real jobs.Not even rich enough to feed their girls.

But but, their girlfren damn solid with good figure...and nice sexy face.
shit, they even have sex every night...

now, your theory is wrong leh.these bengs do get free fuck every night without any expense!!! :mad:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

What you need is a wake up call, not a wife. Up till now, you are still thinking only of yourself, which is why you will never leave your comfort zone. And if you are not interested in moving up to the next level in your job, you should have quit long time ago.

When was the last time you brought your parents to an overseas trip? Never? Can't remember or you simply cannot afford? Yet you still want to have a wife just so you won't feel lonely and die a virgin? Do you ever feel so ashame of yourself for not being a good son and still living with your parents at age 40?

No amount of advices, motivational movies, self-help books etc is gonna work on you because waking up to reality is something personal. You have to take away that fear, and be totally honest with yourself and the state that you are in. If you can do that, you will know what to do next without anyone telling you.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal

your story is unique... how can u be still earning 2.6k at the age of 39? havent u heard of inflation rate?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
please brothers, tell us how u do it???u trade forex isit?

I spent a lot of time mastering photoshop/illustrator and used the knowledge to start a small operation that printed instant name cards and brochures. I then moved on to photo restoration and graphic design.

When the internet came along, I concentrated on web design. The money was fantastic in the early days and what I earned pretty much cemented the foundations of my financial independence.