• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will I be able to find a mate?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting you mentioned your annual income is 150K, about 10 years back, someone told me 100K was not sufficient to live in Singapore and I was surprised by that. After explaining about the HDB, car etc it made sense. I suppose its the same now, with 150K.
Bro

The lastest income scale
Household income 5-10k belongs to the mid income

I'm 37 single annual income 150k, riding not driving cos car expensive, only got 3rm hdb flat cos condo too expensive. Living expenses in spore is high and i only consider myself mid income.

Dun think i can find spore gal as they expect all the best

will our gov running this country everything will only go up....
some day i will belong to the low income group :oIo:

I'm prepared to be single.... u can still dream of marryin spore gal

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
no offense pls TS:

39 yo, earning 2.6k with only a few k of savings really is quite 'jiak luk'. are you quite a spendthrift or you have a lot of expenses such as taking care of parents?

1) $2.6K - take home is $2K
2) $2K - $560 (car) - $300(parent) - $350(makan) - $100(phone bill) - $200 (clothing, toiletries etc.) - $100 (entertainment, movies, pub etc) - $40(4D, Toto) = $280.
3) $280 for emergency like colleague's wedding, road tax, kid full month, see doc, etc.

How to have savings?

Is my expenditure far out of ordinary? :(

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How to have savings?

You can start saving by telling yourself you're not going to put up with that crap salary anymore.

You then go about planning how to improve your net worth and your income.

Once your planning is complete, it's time for action.

If you don't succeed the first time round, repeat the process till you do.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All feedback are welcome..from both sexes if possible..:smile:

I am 39 this year, O level (tried taking part time Dip but gave up coz of job). I am working in techical sales. I earn about $2.3K basic, plus monthy comm add up to $2.6k. I drive a Korean car (petrol paid by co.)

Savings - afew thousands. Currently staying with parents, thinking of getting a subsidized HDB but havent found 'the one'.

Will someone of my profile be able to 'attract' Spore chicks? I have went to SDU many years back, but no takers....:(

Some of my friends have asked me to forget it liao...almost 40, can only look forward to a bachelor retirement.

I believe there are still nice Singaporean girls out there, Malaysian girls are pretty good too. As for SDU, I believe their expectation are high, the ladies, I mean (as you have already found out). Perhaps get yourself involved in more activities, organised by your local CC and if possible, be a volunteer, you will be surprised by some of the people you will meet and hopefully get together. Not that by being a volunteer, with undesirable intention, of course.

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro

The lastest income scale
Household income 5-10k belongs to the mid income

I'm 37 single annual income 150k, riding not driving cos car expensive, only got 3rm hdb flat cos condo too expensive. Living expenses in spore is high and i only consider myself mid income.

150K is middle income??? :eek: Zhen De Mah??!! :eek:

Where did you get that data from.? It's different......newspaper says avg is $2.1K, so if assuming a couple, both avg, ($2.1K X 2) should be ($4.2K) correct? That only works out to $50K per annum.

PS. I not good in maths am not sure if that's the correct way to get average household income :o

jw5

Loyal
All feedback are welcome..from both sexes if possible..:smile:

I am 39 this year, O level (tried taking part time Dip but gave up coz of job). I am working in techical sales. I earn about $2.3K basic, plus monthy comm add up to $2.6k. I drive a Korean car (petrol paid by co.)

Savings - afew thousands. Currently staying with parents, thinking of getting a subsidized HDB but havent found 'the one'.

Will someone of my profile be able to 'attract' Spore chicks? I have went to SDU many years back, but no takers....:(

Some of my friends have asked me to forget it liao...almost 40, can only look forward to a bachelor retirement.
Why do you want to find a mate or a wife?
Have you really thought through the reasons?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking this seriously.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is a fuckin braggard..$150k not $1500.
150K is middle income??? :eek: Zhen De Mah??!! :eek:

Where did you get that data from.? It's different......newspaper says avg is $2.1K, so if assuming a couple, both avg, ($2.1K X 2) should be ($4.2K) correct? That only works out to $50K per annum.

PS. I not good in maths am not sure if that's the correct way to get average household income :o

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can start saving by telling yourself you're not going to put up with that crap salary anymore.

You then go about planning how to improve your net worth and your income.

Once your planning is complete, it's time for action.

If you don't succeed the first time round, repeat the process till you do.

Actually I have offers from competitor companies over the years, but I have always rejected, not coz I m in comfort zone, but they are new start ups, eyeing my established client base, not wise to join right?

I have some friends, years back, who heeded the war cries of Gahmen to be entreprenuer, left their cushy jobs (one was a sales mgr earning $5K!!!). Out of 3 who started their biz, none survived. All closed shop, the sales mgr was the worst, his stint in Guangzhou failed miserably and till now he is driving taxi, and divorced.

autoroam

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) $2.6K - take home is $2K
2) $2K - $560 (car) - $300(parent) - $350(makan) - $100(phone bill) - $200 (clothing, toiletries etc.) - $100 (entertainment, movies, pub etc) - $40(4D, Toto) = $280.
3) $280 for emergency like colleague's wedding, road tax, kid full month, see doc, etc.

How to have savings?

Is my expenditure far out of ordinary? :(

Bro,
Let me break down to more ave sporean expenses
Parents: $300..... not enough unless they still working
$500 and that not including payin electrical, telephone, town council bills... total will be $1k
Car: min $1.5k including petro, carpark, road tax, fines etc
House : including electric, toen council etc.... $1.5k
Clothing: none major brands $200
Mthly meal : $300
Enterainment : min $500 (pub spending min $100 including midnight cab, moives for 2 - $25, dinnin for 2 - min $100, starbuck coffee for 2-$12 etc)

so far already S$5k.......
this is only when u single.......
:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you want to find a mate or a wife?
Have you really thought through the reasons?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking this seriously.

I thought it's the natural thing to do, to 'complete' a man's life? To have someone for old age, and if possible, to have younger ones who could take on the torch of yr family line??

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have some friends, years back, who heeded the war cries of Gahmen to be entreprenuer, left their cushy jobs (one was a sales mgr earning $5K!!!). Out of 3 who started their biz, none survived. All closed shop, the sales mgr was the worst, his stint in Guangzhou failed miserably and till now he is driving taxi, and divorced.

I left a cushy job that paid pittance. Seven years later, I had built up my net worth to the point where I no longer needed to work. I now spend my time mucking around on the internet and enjoying my hobbies, sports and travel.

If you dwell on negatives, you'll be stuck in the rut you're in forever. In fact, you may end up being even worse off if you're fired or retrenched with no savings and no hope of being re hired. Health problems could also crop up which limit your options considerably.

If you think positively and actively seek opportunities to make something of your life, the school of hard knocks will make you stronger and wiser and more likely to succeed beyond your dreams.

You say you're already forty. Ask yourself what the future holds for you even if you do find a mate. Your salary is chickenshit. If you get married and have children, you'll have even less disposable income. Imagine a life living hand to mouth with no chance whatsoever of seeing the world and absorbing new experiences. All you'll do is wake up, go to work, go home, eat dinner, get a boring fuck if you're lucky and then go to bed. The next day, the cycle repeats itself.

I'd rather be dead.

autoroam

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is a fuckin braggard..$150k not $1500.

Bro

get to know more ppl....

and not ppl of your own kind..... like that u still b plonker, or chinese saying mountain tortoise.

mthly salary of 10k to 20k is becomin more common.....

jw5

Loyal
I thought it's the natural thing to do, to 'complete' a man's life? To have someone for old age, and if possible, to have younger ones who could take on the torch of yr family line??
Don't believe everything tv or the government tells you.
It's only natural if you have found a very good person at a relatively young age and you are confident that your life will be better by being with her.
If you are scrambling around trying to find a mate for companionship or to have children to carry on the family line, it's not "natural" at all.
There are many women who dump their husbands at the earliest sign of trouble.
Having a wife and children doesn't mean that you will have companionship and caregivers for life. Sometimes, they don't cut it. Sometimes, bad things can happen in life. Sometimes, YOU don't cut it, you may be a terrible husband and father, even though you may be a good employee and child.
I'm not saying looking for a mate with a view to starting a family is wrong, it's just that you need to go through the thought process carefully and ask yourself "Is this right for ME?"

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam always exhort people to leave their boring low-paying day jobs, venture out to do own business. But in real life, the 80:20 rule always apply ; 80% of the people will be working for 20% who are bosses. Come on lah, if each and every one is his/her own boss, who and where are the workers?